Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Street/Strip springs to match D-Specs

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Default Street/Strip springs to match D-Specs

Alright so i've got a bent front right shock and shocks/struts were something I was going to replace soon anyways. My car is 90% for daily driving. I do mostly highway driving with some city mixed in on the weekends. I go to the strip 3-4 times a year so I wanted adjustable shocks/struts. Went with D-Specs instead of Illuminas due to how much more time I spend on the street.

The D-specs are going on the stock springs until I get my car back. For now i've gotta decide what lowering springs to get. I do not want an extremely aggressive track type spring and I do not want sloppy drag springs because I don't go to the strip enough to justify that. I want a good 1.25"-1.75" drop on a spring that wont completely hamper me on the drag strip when I soften the shocks/struts up to take a pass.

Right now i'm thinking something like Steeda Sport/H&R Sport/MM springs or something like that. Favoring H&R Sport at the moment. Just wanted to make sure i'm not thinking in the wrong direction or i'm not overlooking a spring that is ideal for my description. Thanks.

In case it matters I plan to pick up some V6 wheels and some MT ET Streets or Street Radials over the summer for the strip.
Old 03-15-2013, 09:05 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Hangwire
Alright so i've got a bent front right shock and shocks/struts were something I was going to replace soon anyways. My car is 90% for daily driving. I do mostly highway driving with some city mixed in on the weekends. I go to the strip 3-4 times a year so I wanted adjustable shocks/struts. Went with D-Specs instead of Illuminas due to how much more time I spend on the street.

The D-specs are going on the stock springs until I get my car back. For now i've gotta decide what lowering springs to get. I do not want an extremely aggressive track type spring and I do not want sloppy drag springs because I don't go to the strip enough to justify that. I want a good 1.25"-1.75" drop on a spring that wont completely hamper me on the drag strip when I soften the shocks/struts up to take a pass.

Right now i'm thinking something like Steeda Sport/H&R Sport/MM springs or something like that. Favoring H&R Sport at the moment. Just wanted to make sure i'm not thinking in the wrong direction or i'm not overlooking a spring that is ideal for my description. Thanks.

In case it matters I plan to pick up some V6 wheels and some MT ET Streets or Street Radials over the summer for the strip.
These springs are low enough and stiff enough to improve handling significantly, but their progressive rate allows them to hook up pretty decently in a straight line:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mbrp-must...ust-ss-05.html
Old 03-17-2013, 09:05 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by UPRSharad
These springs are low enough and stiff enough to improve handling significantly, but their progressive rate allows them to hook up pretty decently in a straight line:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mbrp-must...ust-ss-05.html
Thats a link to axle backs :P
Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Thats a link to axle backs :P
UGH! Copy/Paste FAIL!! I think that's the first time I've done that in YEARS working for UPR.

This is what I meant to send:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-e...prings-v8.html

I used to run those springs in my 04 GT with adjustable shocks and struts. With the dampeners set to loose, the car would launch very nicely. But with the dampeners set to stiff, it would corner very well. It was a best of both worlds scenario for my car.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:13 PM
Hangwire
4th Gear Member

Picked up the Eibach Pro-Kit.

As far as the shock/strut settings at the track Tokico suggests starting off all the way soft(7 clicks) in the front and back for the drag strip. I've heard a lot of people say they ended up running 4-6 in the rear to keep the weight from transferring right back too easy. Obviously this is dependent upon other suspension mods but what worked best for you with adjustables?
Old 04-02-2013, 08:31 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Picked up the Eibach Pro-Kit.

As far as the shock/strut settings at the track Tokico suggests starting off all the way soft(7 clicks) in the front and back for the drag strip. I've heard a lot of people say they ended up running 4-6 in the rear to keep the weight from transferring right back too easy. Obviously this is dependent upon other suspension mods but what worked best for you with adjustables?
These control arms are great for a street strip car:

http://www.uprproducts.com/mustang-c...ackage-99.html