Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Suspension Issues (Eibach)

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 06:01 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Default Suspension Issues (Eibach)

Just installed eibach pro shocks/struts with pro springs. I had the pro springs on the stock suspension prior to the new shocks being on there and they made no noise whatsoever. After the shock install I'm now getting a loud compression noise every time I go over a large bump (speed bumps in this case). I called Eibach and they said this is normal (of course they said that, saying the gasses make noise being released) but I find it hard to believe eibach thinks my car is supposed to sound like a 85 civic. Also, my rear now sits higher in the back than it did before. I asked why this might be and he asked if I did the rear install while it was under load (don't see how that would help when the spring is not attached to the strut) so maybe he doesn't know what he is talking about? Any ideas? Thanks.
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 PM
steel pony
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by StangingAround
Just installed eibach pro shocks/struts with pro springs. I had the pro springs on the stock suspension prior to the new shocks being on there and they made no noise whatsoever. After the shock install I'm now getting a loud compression noise every time I go over a large bump (speed bumps in this case). I called Eibach and they said this is normal (of course they said that, saying the gasses make noise being released) but I find it hard to believe eibach thinks my car is supposed to sound like a 85 civic. Also, my rear now sits higher in the back than it did before. I asked why this might be and he asked if I did the rear install while it was under load (don't see how that would help when the spring is not attached to the strut) so maybe he doesn't know what he is talking about? Any ideas? Thanks.
You installed upgraded shocks/struts and springs onto the OEM strut mounts?? Yep, guess what, it's going to pop and have more NVH.

Those OEM strut mounts aren't meant to handle what you put on them (unless they used the gt500 strut mounts during assembly).

As far as the rears go...did you replace the bump stops, or use what came with the kit?? I think the eibach rep is right in asking "how did you install them" since you haven't given enough information for us to pinpoint the problem or lead you in the right direction.

Not trying to sound demeaning, we just need some more info or perhaps something you may have missed, overlooked, etc during the install.

Also, did you do this yourself, or was it done by a shop?
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
StangingAround
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by steel pony
You installed upgraded shocks/struts and springs onto the OEM strut mounts?? Yep, guess what, it's going to pop and have more NVH.

Those OEM strut mounts aren't meant to handle what you put on them (unless they used the gt500 strut mounts during assembly).
They were designed to work with the OEM strut mounts and no, GT500 strut mounts do not work with this application so it's a moot point.

As far as the rears go...did you replace the bump stops, or use what came with the kit?? I think the eibach rep is right in asking "how did you install them" since you haven't given enough information for us to pinpoint the problem or lead you in the right direction.

Not trying to sound demeaning, we just need some more info or perhaps something you may have missed, overlooked, etc during the install.
I only replaced the shocks in the rear as the springs were already on the car beforehand.

Also, did you do this yourself, or was it done by a shop?
Me and a buddy of mine.