Search



Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-18-2014, 06:01 PM   #1
StangingAround
1st Gear Member
 
StangingAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2013
Location: katy,texas
Posts: 131
Default Suspension Issues (Eibach)

Just installed eibach pro shocks/struts with pro springs. I had the pro springs on the stock suspension prior to the new shocks being on there and they made no noise whatsoever. After the shock install I'm now getting a loud compression noise every time I go over a large bump (speed bumps in this case). I called Eibach and they said this is normal (of course they said that, saying the gasses make noise being released) but I find it hard to believe eibach thinks my car is supposed to sound like a 85 civic. Also, my rear now sits higher in the back than it did before. I asked why this might be and he asked if I did the rear install while it was under load (don't see how that would help when the spring is not attached to the strut) so maybe he doesn't know what he is talking about? Any ideas? Thanks.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
StangingAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
steel pony
4th Gear Member

 
steel pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Vehicle: 2012, Mustang, GT
Location: Raleigh, NC
Posts: 1,234
clark webster xtrapulp
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StangingAround View Post
Just installed eibach pro shocks/struts with pro springs. I had the pro springs on the stock suspension prior to the new shocks being on there and they made no noise whatsoever. After the shock install I'm now getting a loud compression noise every time I go over a large bump (speed bumps in this case). I called Eibach and they said this is normal (of course they said that, saying the gasses make noise being released) but I find it hard to believe eibach thinks my car is supposed to sound like a 85 civic. Also, my rear now sits higher in the back than it did before. I asked why this might be and he asked if I did the rear install while it was under load (don't see how that would help when the spring is not attached to the strut) so maybe he doesn't know what he is talking about? Any ideas? Thanks.
You installed upgraded shocks/struts and springs onto the OEM strut mounts?? Yep, guess what, it's going to pop and have more NVH.

Those OEM strut mounts aren't meant to handle what you put on them (unless they used the gt500 strut mounts during assembly).

As far as the rears go...did you replace the bump stops, or use what came with the kit?? I think the eibach rep is right in asking "how did you install them" since you haven't given enough information for us to pinpoint the problem or lead you in the right direction.

Not trying to sound demeaning, we just need some more info or perhaps something you may have missed, overlooked, etc during the install.

Also, did you do this yourself, or was it done by a shop?
__________________


Mustang Owners - A breed apart!
steel pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM   #3
StangingAround
1st Gear Member
 
StangingAround's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Vehicle: 2013
Location: katy,texas
Posts: 131
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel pony View Post
You installed upgraded shocks/struts and springs onto the OEM strut mounts?? Yep, guess what, it's going to pop and have more NVH.

Those OEM strut mounts aren't meant to handle what you put on them (unless they used the gt500 strut mounts during assembly).
They were designed to work with the OEM strut mounts and no, GT500 strut mounts do not work with this application so it's a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel pony View Post
As far as the rears go...did you replace the bump stops, or use what came with the kit?? I think the eibach rep is right in asking "how did you install them" since you haven't given enough information for us to pinpoint the problem or lead you in the right direction.

Not trying to sound demeaning, we just need some more info or perhaps something you may have missed, overlooked, etc during the install.
I only replaced the shocks in the rear as the springs were already on the car beforehand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel pony View Post
Also, did you do this yourself, or was it done by a shop?
Me and a buddy of mine.
StangingAround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 08:51 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang




Paid Advertisement

 
 
 
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Forum Jump

Advertising

Featured Sponsors
Vendor Directory
New Sponsors
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:46 AM.

© Internet Brands, Inc.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

This forum is owned and operated by Internet Brands, Inc., a Delaware corporation. It is not authorized or endorsed by the Ford Motor Company and is not affiliated with the Ford Motor Company or its related companies in any way. Ford® is a registered trademark of the Ford Motor Company
Emails Backup