Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Suspension
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 06-17-2014, 08:32 PM   #11
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011,Ford,Mustang GT Premium
Sengimage ChathamHillRanch Cruzinaround Sengimage
Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

Where I live.... I can't simply lower the car... The ruts in many of the dirt and gravel roads leave the front splitter and the OEM air DAM scraping the ground or worse.

To get it lowered and still clear the ruts and holes all over the country area I live in...

I had to Bag it with an airlift suspension.... Almost 5k later.... I raise it to the OEM height and rake angle under most conditions outside of driving on the Highway. when Parked at the Mall or Movies... It's slammed. On occasion I'll slam it at home on the gravel just outside the shed, barn, garage..... Otherwise it's at OEM height.

---
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

Previous Stangs:
68' Blk&Silver Stang;351 Windsor + AOD + 3.15's
83' Canary Yellow Stang;351 Windsor + 100/150/200 selectable shot N2O+AOD+3.55's+MSD+Methyl injection
Current Rides:
04' SRT 4..with a wicked blow off
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Spouse's wheels...2012 BMW M3 ...Yup
Hooptie: 93' Ford festiva 4sp manual
Cruzinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 07:51 AM   #12
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: early 2000, 1991, 2008

Depends on the front lip you want to add. My 08 has the cdc aggressive with a gt500 splitter. Car is 100% stock suspension w/factory 18s and I still scrape on certain dips on paved roads and most inclines.

1991 2.3L I4
1996 3.8L V6
2000 3.8L V6
2008 4.6L V8
PNYXPRESS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2014, 06:20 PM   #13
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2011,Ford,Mustang GT Premium
Sengimage ChathamHillRanch Cruzinaround Sengimage
Send a message via AIM to Cruzinaround Send a message via Skype™ to Cruzinaround

Yup.... The Steeda splitter is low, too...and the front lip I recently added to it doesn't help with clearance....so if I need to I can go a smidge higher than OEM height to clear things. There's a preset for that or it can lift ....much higher. Trouble is, sometimes you can encounter a new place and aren't paying attention. For roads you're familiar with...all good. For everywhere new...you can still get a scrape. Just gotta take it easy.

--

Previous Stangs:
68' Blk&Silver Stang;351 Windsor + AOD + 3.15's
83' Canary Yellow Stang;351 Windsor + 100/150/200 selectable shot N2O+AOD+3.55's+MSD+Methyl injection
Current Rides:
04' SRT 4..with a wicked blow off
12' Chevy Traverse LTZ
Spouse's wheels...2012 BMW M3 ...Yup
Hooptie: 93' Ford festiva 4sp manual
Cruzinaround is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 07:41 AM   #14
BabyGT
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2004 3.9 Vert & 1994 5.0 Vert
X757XVeritas

My truck buddy is reading this telling me we are all going the wrong direction in height.

04 3.9l Convertible- Daily driver
94 5.0l Convertible- Work in progress
92 5.0l Hatchback- Another work in progress
BabyGT is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #15
cydonian man

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Shelby GT

u might need some adjustable cam bolts put on your struts so the shop can align ur front end to keep the camber from going too negative. i had inside tread wear and didnt notice till i had them rotated. About one inch wide of the inside tread was completely worn. i had adjustable caster/camber plates from Maximum Motorsports installed which is the more expensive approach and resolved the issue. u might just try the least expensive route with only the adjustable camber bolts. i heard they worked good when someone installed a 1.5 inch lowered suspension.
cydonian man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2014, 09:40 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement