Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

NEED IMMEDIATE HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2014, 02:13 PM
MuffinSpecial
1st Gear Member

Default NEED IMMEDIATE HELP

so my car has started doing a very weird thing. when i accelerate in lets say 3rd gear and let off the gas at around 3500 rpm the rear end sways to the left and when i accelerate it goes to the right. it is way more prevalent wile letting off the gas. i have just installed a set of SR lower control arms a little over a month ago and the issue has started a few days ago. i had a tech were i work and my shop that i go to look at the car and they dont know what the issue is also when you give a sudden punch of throttle you hear a big clunk from the rear on the right side and my mechanic thinks the clunk is the problem but he said everything is nice and tight under the car. when the clunk is hear the issue is more obvious. u have no idea what the issue is and i need help asap the car is not safe drive faster than 80 and thats no fun. its also a very annoying sensation. if anyone has any ideas please help because it is driving my mechanic crazy lol. thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 10:45 PM
cruisin5268d
4th Gear Member

HERE'S AN IMMEDIATE ANSWER. I AM TYPING AS FAST AS POSSIBLE!

Check all the work that was done to make sure all connections are tight and nothing is broken.

Also, I wouldn't be driving anywhere near 80 if you are concerned about safety.
Old 07-26-2014, 09:02 PM
UPRSharad
Former Sponsor

Sounds like a torn or completely missing control arm bushing. I've seen it in some of the cheaper control arms.
Old 10-15-2014, 02:49 PM
Fryguy22
4th Gear Member

I'd suggest putting in a set of lower control arms that has a spherical heim joint on one end and the poly bushing on the other end. Are your SR performance arms poly on both ends? If so you definitely have some axle bind issues which could be the root of your problem.