Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

A few lowering questions from a newbe

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2015, 07:39 PM
slowmotion

Default A few lowering questions from a newbe

Hello. I have a 94 gt. I ordered 1.5" lowering springs as well as the 4 bolt caster/camber plate. I have been doing a lot of reading and know I should ask before I leap.
First. I am replacing the rack & pinion bushings with poly bushings. Should I get the ones for a lowered car or does it make a difference.
My car sits higher in the rear than the front & I was thinking or removing the spring isolators in the rear and the top one from the front. To drop it a little more and even it out. IS this an ok idea or bad. I only want to do this once.
I am also replacing all 4 shocks as well.
Thanks for any help you can give
Old 08-06-2015, 12:24 PM
fast_frank_d

If you don't care about noise all that much, you can remove the spring isolators from the back. It is structurally safe to do so, and the springs won't slip out, but you will get more road noise.

You can stick with the regular bushings on the steering rack and use a bumpsteer kit to fix the bumpsteer issues that can come from lowering the car. You can also choose to use the offset bushings, which will reduce the amount of bumpsteer issues, but you'll likely still need the bump steer kit to dial it in completely.

Frank
Old 09-03-2015, 08:57 AM
Luke9222

Default Need help lowering car also

So I'm a newbe and this is my first mustang. I wanted to lower the car a little more but not having any success so far. The car had Eibach Pro Kit springs and I was told H&R Super Sport Springs part # 51652-77 would give me what I was looking for. I also installed new isolators and installed caster plates and rear koni adjustable shocks. Well after installing I'm at the same height I was with the old springs. I called H&R and they said you can get thinner isolators but is that going to make that much of difference? I also thought about pulling the isolators out but I really don't want any road noise. Car rides great but just not low enough. I want the fenders to be even with the top of the tire so I need about an inch all the way around. Any ideas what I can do? Thanks for any help.
Old 09-03-2015, 11:52 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

The Eibach Pro-Kit springs are excellent for a street car. How much of your ride quality are you willing to sacrifice? Eibach's Sportlines will drop it another inch past the Pro-Kit.
Old 09-03-2015, 01:06 PM
Luke9222

Default A few lowering questions from a newbe

Yeah the Eibach pro kit springs did ride really well. So what are other options than going with the Sportlines? The H&R springs ride really well too but I want to lower the car some more.