Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Front end bounce and Maximum Motor Sports Starter Box

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2015, 12:18 PM
stmoci

Default Front end bounce and Maximum Motor Sports Starter Box

Hey, everybody I am hoping that I can get some ideas on this one. I have an 02 Mustang GT on which I installed Maximum Motor Sport's Starter Box. Ever since installing I have noticed that on mostly cement highways such as the interstate and other federal highways, at times the front end seems to bounce. At that time you can also see the front end of the car bouncing. The other day we were cursing and another new edge passed us on the interstate I tried to pay attention to the front of that car and it did not appear to be doing the same thing at the time. The suspension has been on there for about 10,000 miles and I just installed a new set of tires which did not make any change. Other then that it seems really cool. We hit some curvy roads from time to time and it seems like a person can go a heck of a lot faster around them then what should be possible and still feel really comfortable about what you are doing. So any ideas? Did I maybe get a bad set of struts with the start box or did I not install something correctly? Or is it just the nature of the beast? Any input from somebody that has more experience toying around with this would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link to MM's starter box: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/19...-Box-P185.aspx.
Old 08-06-2015, 12:28 PM
fast_frank_d

This bounce feeling is not uncommon when you stiffen up the front springs without going to coilovers. There are waves in the concrete slabs on a lot of freeways, and the car is following them very closely rather than floating over them with soft springs. Friction in the suspension arms/bushings can also exacerbate this condition.

Frank