Suspension Ask all of your general suspension questions here!

Best way to raise rear of a 2016

Old 08-01-2016, 02:30 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Default Best way to raise rear of a 2016

In terms of not hurting ride, what is the best way to raise the rear of a 2016 Mustang 2 to 4 inches "totally for looks" to give a little more rake. I could lower the front, but that can cause trouble with concrete wheel stops & curbs contacting the front body. What are the choices available?
Old 08-01-2016, 07:51 AM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

If you are talking about your car, forget it. Way too many mechanical issues to deal with such as your rear independent suspension geometry. All you could do is put smaller tires on the front and taller tires on the rear. But why?
Old 08-02-2016, 06:20 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

I was going to say a floor jack. Actually I like proeagles idea of tire stagger. I wonder how much difference you could do without causing ABS codes? I still think you need bigger tires in the rear at least. You should look at my Mach 1. It has bigger tires in the rear and has some rake. It would look level if I had the same size tires on it.
Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 PM
JimC

How is this thread different and going to yield a different answer from:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/susp...f-2016-gt.html

That thread that you started?
Old 08-02-2016, 09:30 PM
barstowpo
2nd Gear Member

Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results, right?
Old 08-03-2016, 05:43 AM
User 92421
IN JAIL!

put a lip spoiler on the front bumper. cut 2 inches off the bottom of the rear bumper. get some side skirts, cut a taper from the front to the rear of both. there you go. have nice day.

edit: shouldn't a guy with this much car restoration (and general do-it-all) experience know how to fab up some HDPE lift spacers? or fab up a sub-frame spacer set out of hockey pucks? or lower the front a tiny bit? or know that a raked '16 is going to look like some fool has no clue what he's doing?

Last edited by User 92421; 08-03-2016 at 05:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:16 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by proeagles
If you are talking about your car, forget it. Way too many mechanical issues to deal with such as your rear independent suspension geometry. All you could do is put smaller tires on the front and taller tires on the rear. But why?
Just looks! When I was a kid I liked a little rake on a car & I guess I'm still a kid!
Old 08-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by TRamsdell
put a lip spoiler on the front bumper. cut 2 inches off the bottom of the rear bumper. get some side skirts, cut a taper from the front to the rear of both. there you go. have nice day.

edit: shouldn't a guy with this much car restoration (and general do-it-all) experience know how to fab up some HDPE lift spacers? or fab up a sub-frame spacer set out of hockey pucks? or lower the front a tiny bit? or know that a raked '16 is going to look like some fool has no clue what he's doing?
Do you need to be a Dhick on every thread! Why not just be a snarky schit on Off Topic were I expect it! This could be such a nice forum without people like you that need to get themselves off by picking fights.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:26 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
How is this thread different and going to yield a different answer from:

https://mustangforums.com/forum/susp...f-2016-gt.html

That thread that you started?
[B]Sorry Jim! Point well taken! Not paying enough attention! & I forgot about the other thread!

Last edited by Mr. D; 08-03-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 08-03-2016, 03:35 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by barstowpo
I was going to say a floor jack. Actually I like proeagles idea of tire stagger. I wonder how much difference you could do without causing ABS codes? I still think you need bigger tires in the rear at least. You should look at my Mach 1. It has bigger tires in the rear and has some rake. It would look level if I had the same size tires on it.

How did I know you'd suggest bigger tires on the rear! I have been trying to keep the ability to rotate the tires, & not have speedo adjustment problems, but maybe I should just give that up!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Best way to raise rear of a 2016