SVO Forum

Problem with Anti-Theft System/UPDATE EEC FUSE IS CULPRIT

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2006, 11:00 PM
Stevesantx

Default Problem with Anti-Theft System/UPDATE EEC FUSE IS CULPRIT

A few days ago WHILE DRIVING my 1997 Woodward Dream Cruise Edition Mustang GT cut off. I happened to be pulling in for fuel and thought at first maybe I had run out of gas. The engine tries to start meaning it does crank but is not getting fuel or spark. The Anti-Theft system light is flashing on the dash. I have tried to disarm the system with no luck. The key is not damaged and I assume still has the chip inside being as the plastic is not broken, I spoke to a tech at ford and he suggested replacing the transponder which I did with no luck. I have 2 keys for the vehicle with one remote. The second key is a all metal key that I imagine has no chip but Im not sure. Any Ideas? The vehicle is some 50 miles away from nearest dealer and I have competant mechanics to work on it. Owners manuel does not provide enough detailed information on anti-theft system.

UPDATE. We found that the eec fuse was blown and after putting in a new fuse it blows almost immediately. Any ideas what could casue this too happen?
Old 10-29-2007, 01:47 PM
jmanghani

Default RE: Problem with Anti-Theft System/UPDATE EEC FUSE IS CULPRIT

Did you ever figure this problem out? My theft system cuts off the fuel to my engine while on the freeway! Yikes!
Old 10-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Fox90_4cyl

Default RE: Problem with Anti-Theft System/UPDATE EEC FUSE IS CULPRIT

have you tried to run it on a computer and seeif any codes come up?

also refrain from using your non-factory key, they arent meant to work unless you have two chip keys that are regularly used with the vehicle