SVO Forum

Funny Stuff About V8 Guys

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 01:59 PM
drhoward
Penis Mod Erator

Default RE: Funny Stuff About V8 Guys

Hey there is nothing wrong with gen 1 turbo probes, I had mine running in the 13's with about $1000 invested on top of a $1500 car, not many other vehicals can do that, but I found reliability became an issue at that point... go figure.... but nothing beats that v8 rumble under your hood
Old 06-07-2006, 02:47 AM
SmOkE_a_JaY

i use to own a 85 svo, to start off i loved that car it is what got me so into mustangs. who ever says that car is cheap to work on is crazy, that car is way more expensive to work on that other mustangs by far. For the time in which the car was made, yes it was beating the hell out of most v8s. when i was drinving in the mountains thier was hardly any car that could keep up. but as for the drag the new cobras would spank it. i just recently bought a 04 cobra with a 2.8 pulley and a SCT tune and thier is no way that svo would have been able to keep up with this car. the stock specs for the svo is "Performance: SVO: 0-60 in 7.5 seconds, 1/4 mile in 15.5 seconds @ 90 mph."
2004 Cobra SVT 0-60 4.5 sec, 1/4- 12.9
Old 06-07-2006, 08:05 PM
Jugador
5th Gear Member

you guys must not read up on diy mods very much cause there's a lot of free/cheap tricks to svo's and 2.3 turbos in general, it takes a pretty good amount of power in the 2.3 before the parts get really expensive. if you know what you're doing you can squeeze a lot of power out of one for relatively cheap
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 PM
syntheticGT

<----88 XR4Ti owner.

I love the 2.3T....and I am looking to buy a 2007 GT for daily duties. The XR gets track duty from now on.
Old 07-21-2006, 10:05 AM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

i totally agree with the 4 banger power vs the 8 banger power. theres a total diff feel between the two. mostly cause the turbo kicks in later on than the 8 cyl torque does. i can vouch for this cause i have an 84 SVO with big VAM, 36lb injectors, and the LA3. and i have my 83 GT. and my mom has a 93 LX 5oh. and i drive my uncles 87 LX 5oh some. the V8s have much more of a kick much quicker. and i USED to bash all 4 bangers, but now that i have an SVO, im starting to like the fours more. much more!! but ya, the SVOs are much better suited to road racing, not straight lining.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:22 PM
plazma
1st Gear Member

I don't know if he means total investemnt into the car or just mod for mod. If your talking about car cost and everything else then i'd say the 5k car that has 35k in mods will kill the 35k car with 5k in mods.
For what it costs for a kb/intake/exhaust you could do a nice aluminum head a decent bottom end build a big turbo and alot of other things. I know the stock bottom ends on the 2.3t can withstand over 430rwhp. Figure a kb cobra makes easy 550rwhp and could go alot higher but weighs like 3800+lbs where as in the fox 2.3t weighs like 3000lbs. Might make for an interesting race.

About the running 32psi I dunno why you couldn't do it on stock pistons and rods. I did 30psi for over a year with like 70 passes at the track and 40 dyno pulls. You non 2.3t people have to remember 30psi through a poor flowing head isnt anything like 30psi in a dohc cobra.
Old 08-16-2006, 06:42 AM
1HOTTSHOT

If you advance the cam in a 2.3l enough, you'll get some lower end power as opposed to high rpm power.
Old 02-24-2007, 02:24 PM
ktp1598
1st Gear Member

2.3T's are a little bit exotic. I love the sound of a V8, but I also like having something besides the run of the mill mustang. There are a bunch of those around here. I also like the idea of a lighter front end for handling. Then there's the feel of the turbo when it starts to build boost...
Old 02-25-2007, 07:12 PM
sleeper_inc
6th Gear Member

I don't know what the deal is with 4 VS 8, either way, if the HP was even, the 4 cylinder would win because 1) its lighter 2) can handle high boost on stock internals.

I am not a 4 cylinder fan, nor a V8 fan, I enjoy both, and I also find working on both is easy to me. I would rather have a 4 cylinder because you get good gas milage and its the pervect sleeper car
Old 03-05-2007, 03:24 AM
FoxGT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8t4SVOGuy
They seem to knock the turbo 4 Cylinder engine because most of them don't know anything about them'
I'd put my SVO up against most any v8 with about the same money spent as i have.
I should be deep in the 11's by the end of the summer with my crappy weak or only good for economy 4banger.
Let's play V8 guys I want to hear your opinions.
And it's not that I like v8's either
I have a blown 5.4 87 Vert tranny swap 9" the works.
Apples to apples as I've heard
I'd always take an SVO the V8 cars are a dime a dozen
Rarity comes into play very much.
My Turbo Coupe did not hold a place in my heart like the SVO does.
lol, you just started a war! [8D]
ORIGINAL: Mr. Merk
they just cant even comprehend the thought of a fast 4 cylinder
Alot of them havn't raced any turbocharged car, especially one that has a little bit of work done to it. You have to keep in mind though, turbo 4 cylinders and v8's are about equal, but when you throw a turbo or two on a v8 things get alot easier for the v8 to add power.
ORIGINAL: v8musclecobra
a 4cyl can be fast, but it takes a lot more money and in my opinion 300hp in a 4cyl doesnt feel like 300hp in an 8. It doesnt seem to give you the same kick back but thats just my opinion. also i don't like the sound of a 4cyl and the look of 90% of them. but if you like 4 bangers drive em.
A turbo 4 cylinder & n/a 4 cylinder sound quite a bit different. As for how much money spent. I think you're confusing foreign 4 cylinders to domestic. It doesn't take much money to get a turbo 2.3 to 300whp. There are quite a few people in the high 300's that havn't bought anything other than a few parts from the junkyard.
ORIGINAL: Mr. Merk
lol....300hp just doesnt feel like 300hp??? what the crap does it matter what kind of internal combustion it comes from, its 300hp
You may be faster in some instances, but you still drive a 4 cylinder.... But if that's your thing then oke doke.
All in the low end. It's nice the throttle response of a v8, how hard it kicks you into the seat at low rpm. While true, both are about equal at high rpm. Both will take off and kick you about just as hard as the other if you punch it from 4500rpm.
ORIGINAL: Sonic3v
32lbs? are you retarded? It like to see what the block/crank/rods/pistons are made out of. 32lbs is a LOT of boost my friend and im going to call BS.
There are quite a few people out there running 30psi on stock turbo 2.3 internals. It isn't the boost that kills the v8 it's the hp. Think of the power you would be putting out if your car was pushing 30psi, enough to break quite a bit of engine and drivetrain parts.

Plazma, maybe your video of your car could be of some interest here.
http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...a50015b245.htm

Quick Reply: Funny Stuff About V8 Guys