SVO Forum

Svo parts on ebay

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2008, 03:24 PM
svo86
1st Gear Member

Default Svo parts on ebay

I'm parting out an 85, the corner lights, inner lights bi wing and steering wheel are on ebay right now. Sail panels, hood, front bumper, side spats, gauge cluster transmission possibly motor and turbo (no 100% might need it) yet to come.
Old 06-05-2008, 10:44 PM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Svo parts on ebay

Why the part out?
Old 06-06-2008, 03:44 PM
svo86
1st Gear Member

It was hit from the side and has pretty bad frame damage. Not worth the money to fix. Dont let Svoca know about it. They cry about things like this. Should of just put a chevrolet engine in it and shipped it to them as a paper weight.
Old 06-06-2008, 04:22 PM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

Well I am a member there, they only get mad when people part out cars that can be saved. You should try to sell it over there as a complete parts car. or at least sell the parts to svo enthusiasts first before evilbay
Old 06-07-2008, 12:27 AM
svo86
1st Gear Member

"Evilbay" is a perfect way to make the most of what you're selling. Especially if you dont need it. It gives EVERYONE a chance to buy it if they need and/or want it bad enough. I hope they dont put me on their "Wall of shame". I'm 19 years old, I feel extremely mature for some reason.
Old 06-10-2008, 02:31 PM
83beast
2nd Gear Member

ya, you really need to feel less mature. im 21 and i damn well know the difference of parting out a fox body versus an SVO. when less than 10 thousand were EVER MADE, you damn well dont part it out. its not like just a few parts are different from a gt, just about the whole car is different. and no, parting out is not a way to allow everyone to get what they need. more often than not they know that its hard to find parts for the SVO's, and thats why they bought it, to save it. if your car is saved for future generations to see, then EVERYONE will be able to appreciate it. really, think these things through before you do something so stupid and wreckless.
Old 06-10-2008, 10:59 PM
svo86
1st Gear Member

Either way, Parts for the svo are going to be re-made. I know its a rare and beautiful car, but having a stick in your butt about a car is stupid. I love my svo, Its in almost perfect shape. If I couldnt find a part,... ebay would be my first place to look. I sold a right hand corner marker light for $222 the left one sold for $100 dollars less. Motion-dynamics sells the left one,.... a re-make. Take the 68 fastback as an example, Yes more were made, and more are on the streets than the svo, However you can buy parts for that car at wal-mart. (figure of speech). No one said there wasnt a difference in parting out a regular fox and an svo. Im selling an original bumper, its currently going for $350,... theres a brand new re-make on a website I saw today for $20 more. No one should EVER part out a perfectly good svo, or even a repairable one. BUT when the damages cost more than what the car is worth all together, then thats a different story. I'm NOT paying $6,000 to pull the frame out, get a new door, a new fender, have the complete dash pushed back to the right along with the steering column, get a new control arm, a new shock, a new spring, a new rim, hub and bearings, break line, and likely a cross member. Have code enforcement send you court orders,... make you show up in court or pay $1,000 dollars a day as long as your car sits there wrecked. Whats the "Mature" thing to do? sell the car for less than the head light support is worth?
Old 06-10-2008, 11:24 PM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svo86

Either way, Parts for the svo are going to be re-made. I know its a rare and beautiful car, but having a stick in your butt about a car is stupid. I love my svo, Its in almost perfect shape. If I couldnt find a part,... ebay would be my first place to look. I sold a right hand corner marker light for $222 the left one sold for $100 dollars less. Motion-dynamics sells the left one,.... a re-make. Take the 68 fastback as an example, Yes more were made, and more are on the streets than the svo, However you can buy parts for that car at wal-mart. (figure of speech). No one said there wasnt a difference in parting out a regular fox and an svo. Im selling an original bumper, its currently going for $350,... theres a brand new re-make on a website I saw today for $20 more. No one should EVER part out a perfectly good svo, or even a repairable one. BUT when the damages cost more than what the car is worth all together, then thats a different story. I'm NOT paying $6,000 to pull the frame out, get a new door, a new fender, have the complete dash pushed back to the right along with the steering column, get a new control arm, a new shock, a new spring, a new rim, hub and bearings, break line, and likely a cross member. Have code enforcement send you court orders,... make you show up in court or pay $1,000 dollars a day as long as your car sits there wrecked. Whats the "Mature" thing to do? sell the car for less than the head light support is worth?
They only person who makes remaned parts for the svo ( well the hard to find svo parts ) is david carpenter and he is getting out of the business. All places you see svo parts like 50resto etc. get their parts from him. I have it on good authority (owner of fox mustang restorations) that said company is buying all 10 remaining remaned front bumpers. Also the passenger marker light is un reproduceable. You see so many parts for the 60's stangs because of how many were made, go look up production numbers there were a crap ton of them. They produced less svo's then all the years of shelbys. Most places won't develope parts for the svo since there are only about 3000 or so known to still be driving on the road. The cost to develope the parts will far exceed the revenues. You selling/parting an svo will only hurt the svo hobby since that is more parts that are lost to other fox bodys, such as a gt with svo sail panels on it or svo spoilers on it. I can't stop you but you're last post just shows how ignorant you are on the svo in general expecting the aftermarket to reproduce certain parts. Once the current nos and used stockpile is consumed, we svo owners are S.O.L.
Old 06-11-2008, 07:32 AM
svo86
1st Gear Member

How are you going to complain about GT's and such getting SVO parts. I have posted the information on several SVO only sites in order to allow as many SVO owners the chance to buy them. It is up to the individual to buy it. There is nothing wrong with what I have done. If SVO owners do not care enough or need it enough to buy it, that is their fault. If I can't afford to fix it, and I can't afford to sell it as a parts car, whats wrong with selling it on ebay? Which is the most secure way to sell something, and easiest place for SVO owners to check for parts. If anything goes to a GT owner, more power to them as they want it bad enough to put the effort in getting it. I have told as many SVO owners that I possibly could so they have a chance to get it. So please stop being immature. I know what is unique about the car. I know what parts make it an amazing car. Those are the parts we are selling, we didn't just take the car to a yard, which would have been just as easy, and just as profitable as selling it as a parts car as you have suggested accept quicker. If we took it to a yard it would most likely of just sat their and rotted. So please I am taking the effort to be sure the parts are used and not going to a waste. I am a huge SVO fan, but sometimes you just have to throw in the towel.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:03 PM
SPE926
3rd Gear Member

Real SVO enthusiasts don't use ebay. And what svo only boards are you talkng about? the only one is svoca.com and I don't recall any posts about parting out a car

Quick Reply: Svo parts on ebay