SVO Forum

Value of this SVO?

Old 05-01-2014, 07:15 PM
Matt300ZXT

Default Value of this SVO?

I went to look at an SVO today to get as a secondary car. Something that's fun to drive, a little cheaper on gas than my 300ZXTT and WAY easier to work on.

Anyways, it was being listed as an 85.5 with a bigger turbo, bigger injectors, a tune and suspension. After going to look at it today armed with research over the past couple of days, it's an 85 with an oil cooled only stock turbo (whether it's been bored out for bigger wheels I don't know), but it did have brown top injectors. The suspension didn't looked really dropped a whole lot if any, and the guy said the springs are red if there's any particular company that uses red paint on their springs. He did mention that with a passenger in the back it did scrub a little while driving. The guy didn't know a whole lot of definites about it, he was a younger guy who bought it a little while back and took the older guy's word on it. The wheels are in great shape but the fronts at least will need new tires soon, don't remember the tread depth on the rear.

Anyways, the interior is in great shape, the seats look nearly perfect. There is no headliner though. He has new rubber seal kits for the sunroof and the windows. The wheel wells looked rust free and solid, the only rust he has found (and that I saw) is pictured below. I did forget to look under the car though at the floor pans. There does seem to be some bondo in the rear pillar on the driver side by the hatch, hence the paint being cracked as is shown in the pics. The paints a little faded but the body looks straight.

All it should really need is a fuel sender (gas gauge doesn't work), a new starter (secondary priority) as he says rarely it'll want to stick and has to use the killswitch on the battery and then give it another go. He says the clutch feels a little weak sometimes but it felt ok to me today even though it catches much further out than my car. He has no records on the timing belt being done, but it's exposed so you can see it and there appears to be absolutely zero wear on it and no cracking in between the teeth or on the teeth.

You guys knowing SVOs, what would you pay for this essentially stock SVO (with the exception of slightly larger injectors and a cone filter) that starts up and runs/idles fine, and drives like any 80s turbo car would?

Below are the pics, I'll link to 2 videos he has of it running and driving. Some computers play them right side up, some play them sideways.

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Matt...776c6.mp4.html

http://s50.photobucket.com/user/Matt...ca701.mp4.html
Old 05-01-2014, 09:13 PM
Matt300ZXT

Aww c'mon guys....44 views and no one with even a guess?
Old 05-01-2014, 09:55 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

$3-5,000 in the condition shown. I would lean toward lower with the repairs you mention.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:18 PM
Matt300ZXT

Oh really? Oh ok wasnt sure. He was asking 3k as a bottom dollar i want the money for my other car kinda thing. Ill use that info to try and come up with an offer then.
Old 05-01-2014, 10:47 PM
Weather Man
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Matt300ZXT
Oh really? Oh ok wasnt sure. He was asking 3k as a bottom dollar i want the money for my other car kinda thing. Ill use that info to try and come up with an offer then.
I think I saw $9,000 hagerty for average condition, but that car is a long way from average. His asking of $3,000 is pretty realistic. MAACO repaint and a little plastic reconditioner and you have a nice 20 footer.
Old 05-02-2014, 04:28 PM
TRBOPWR
4th Gear Member

I would say 3K is a reasonable starting point. All the SVO specific parts seem to be present and in decent condition. Sounds like it runs decently, not overly rusty. So long as your goal is to buy it and have fun I would go for it.
Old 06-02-2014, 03:10 PM
mrswit

i also have an 85 svo for sale. along with 5 other turbo swapped 2.3 mustang coupes. if intrested
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...psleokheg2.jpg
http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/y...psfozixokf.jpg