SVT Forums

Is this Cobra worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 06:53 AM
Zimpson

Default Is this Cobra worth it?

Ok I'm looking at getting this 93 Cobra with 168k miles. This car is in prestine condition doesn't burn oil and well maintained with a few mods. Basically it just has high miles. What is this car worth hopefully 8k?
Old 07-05-2006, 09:30 AM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Is this Cobra worth it?

Kelley Blue Book lists it at $5,300. But as far as it being worth 8k, I guess it is up to the buyer. If it is your dream car, then I'd say it is worth it. I love the old fox body mustangs and 93 was the last year they made em'. However I'd see if I could talk the guy down cause I think he is asking too much for it. What kind of work has been done to it? Don't tease, give us some details man! I am sure it is not bone stock!
Be sure to get a Car Fax report and and Oasis report from a Dealer. That there may tell you if it is worth what he is asking.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:14 PM
Zimpson

Ok I'm getting it from the second owner. He says it has zero rust and has been garage kept for the most part.
It has a steeda triax shifter, billet shifter ****, subframe connectors,
offroad x pipe, flowmaster exhaust with chrome tips, billstein shocks
and struts, 17" chrome cobra r wheels, it has cloth seats, with no rips
or tears, custom electric sunroof, 160 amp alternator, Clifford RS3
remote with auto start auto window rollup/down. I does not burn oil and has been
regularly maintenced and oil changed with mobil1 synthetic. Here is a couple pics.

http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hpusersam7/car1.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hpusersam7/car2.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hpusersam7/car3.JPG
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/hpusersam7/car4.JPG
Old 07-05-2006, 12:22 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Hmm...... I dont think its worth 8K just because it isnt stock. If it was 100% stock then yeah it'd be worth it. You should ask em if he still has the OE rims. And I would do a VIN check on it make sure that it indeed is a cobra not just a regular GT with cobra stuff on it.
-P.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:48 PM
Zimpson

I have ran a carfax and everything came back clear. As far as original rims I just emailed the guy so I dont know yet.
Old 07-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Good Lord Man!
That is a good looking fox from the pics. I wish I could see it in person. I love the spoiler on the back. One of my all time favs'. Not the strongest car ever but it will be fun to work on. I'd like to restore it to factory, but that is just me.
You will just need to chuk that old cell phone that is in one of those pics. I bet that thing has George Washington on speed dial. [sm=smiley36.gif]
Just joshin' man. Question: In the north do you have problems with the "salt" they put on the road for ice eating your cars? I have heard they will eat your ride if don't take care of it.

I still think you could talk him down if you play your cards right. And P Zero is right you need to make sure you are getting what you think you are getting. Not a fake snake.
Old 07-05-2006, 02:11 PM
Mt Twigbert
4th Gear Member

............169k..............

Hes asking WAY too much if you ask me.. Thats alot of miles and even if it was babied thats alot.. Not to mention its a Cobra so I'm sure it wasn't.. The exterior looked ok but picutes don't alawys do a car justice.. Up close it could look all funky.. Black cars start to show their age early in life and this is a black car at the end of its life.. Makes me wonder.. The interior, well, looks like ***..

I'd pass and look for something w/ less miles.. Or offer the guy $3k
Old 07-05-2006, 03:38 PM
Cloud 9
2nd Gear Member

Hey just checked on E bay and they have a 93 cobra with 29k miles and the buy it now price is $16,000 which is also over priced, but starting bid is 10k and nobody has bid on it yet. It ends in under 10 hours. You would be better off with something like that. The item number is 300002647031. Good luck.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:10 PM
Red_Dragon
1st Gear Member

I would not pay more than 6 for it. Assuming it is in immaculate condition. Why does it have cloth,...don' t all cobras have leather? Does he have all the stock parts for it? with a car like that, the mods dont add value in my opinion. In a way they actually devalue the car.
Old 07-07-2006, 03:15 PM
Red_Dragon
1st Gear Member

OK, I changed my mind,,.I wouldnt pay more than 5K for it.....I got my 94 cobra for $5500, with 100k miles and a newly rebuilt engine with a 3year warranty. Leather , freezing a/c...and all.....

Quick Reply: Is this Cobra worth it?