SVT Forums

03/04 Terminator Questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 04:06 PM
NeedaTerminator
1st Gear Member

Default 03/04 Terminator Questions

Hey guys I am new here and although I do not have a 03/04 Cobra terminator I really want one but I have some questions. I ordered some info on ProCharger's that came through the mail yesterday and an entire brochure of info was devoted to saying how an air-to-air intercooler is more effiecent and better than a air-to-water intercooler. Is there any aftermarket air-to-air intercooler's for the 03/04 Cobra's? Also if/when I get a terminator I would want somewhere between 500-600rwhp probably. I do not want turbo/twin turbo, I want to stick with a supercharger. Most everybody that I have talked to or checked out their cars all have KB or Whipple Twin-Screw superchargers. Are they better for the Cobra then a ProCharger, Paxton, Vortech, tec Centrifugal system? I know that centrifugals are like turbos and don't get a lot of boost at low rpm's, but they make more boost at higher rpm's. I would want my terminator to make good boost from low rpm's all the way through the rpm range. Would a centrifugal or twin-screw be better for this? The car would never see the track, but it might see some street races if the roads are clear of other people and would definetlysee some passing. Thanks for all your help guys!
Old 06-08-2007, 11:23 PM
bugpack28
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: 03/04 Terminator Questions

here is the deal your asking way too many questions and you don't have a cobra yet... Get a kb they make a ton of torque down low and hp is great and the kit isn't that expensive... Have fun an let us know when you get one...
Old 06-09-2007, 12:08 AM
BTRStang
2nd Gear Member

When you get a Cobra stick with a KB or a Whipple. There are easy to install and they work well with all the aftermarket boltons, but to reach the 600hp mark you still have to do alot more than just bolt up a bigger liter S/C. Like bugpack28 said, buy the car and then come back and talk us. There is alot ofCobra ownerson here that will glady point you in the right direction. Good Luck!
Old 06-09-2007, 02:40 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

There is a tuner on svtperf that installed a procharger and loved it. The Cobra guys that put one on like it. The reason most don't is because of the costs involved. They typically cost more then $1,000.00 vs a 2.8H KB or the new 3.4L whipple.

If your goal is 550-600rwhp, you're going to have a couple of options. You can get a Kenne Bell or a Whipple. Or you can port the stock eaton, and run 100 shot of nitrous. Regardless, you will have to do a lot of cooling work, and suspension so you don't snap the half shafts or blow your pistons.

Let me know if you have any other questions. Good luck with your purchase.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
NeedaTerminator
1st Gear Member

Well originally I was going to go with 500rwhp, but after thinking about it, that is actually a lot of hp. I am thinking maybe 430+rwhp would be good, and can't that be done with simple bolt-ons like exhaust, intake and a good tune? I know I asked a lot of questions but the one that I need answered most now is this: Does anybody make an air-to-air intercooler for the cobra? I know it comes with a air-water ic but everyone says air-air is more effiecent and simpler to maintain. Can you get an air-air for a cobra?
Old 06-10-2007, 09:03 PM
NeedaTerminator
1st Gear Member

Well originally I was going to go with 500rwhp, but after thinking about it, that is actually a lot of hp. I am thinking maybe 430+rwhp would be good, and can't that be done with simple bolt-ons like exhaust, intake and a good tune? I know I asked a lot of questions but the one that I need answered most now is this: Does anybody make an air-to-air intercooler for the cobra? I know it comes with a air-water ic but everyone says air-air is more effiecent and simpler to maintain. Can you get an air-air for a cobra?

Sorry for double post, my browser was running slow and I clicked post twice
Old 06-10-2007, 10:26 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I am not sure.. the intercooler on the car is fine... you get a heat exchanger, tstat, head cooling mod.. and your car will cool down fine. If you get a 2.76/2.81 pulley, intake and exhaust tuned... you should have mid to high 400rwhp...
Old 06-11-2007, 11:18 AM
BTRStang
2nd Gear Member

+1
Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 PM
NeedaTerminator
1st Gear Member

Hmm okay thanks guys. I really hate being young with not a lo tof money lol. I want a Terminator so bad! I am always trying to think of back up options in case it doesn't work out though. There is a guy I have been hanging out with lately that has a ProCharged 2002Mustang GT. He is in the mid 400 rwhp range. About 500 or so engine horesepower. I could take that route. It would probably cost less than buying a used Cobra. Or I could get a GT and then KB or Whipple it instead of procharge it...

lol if you think I am being sort of stupid talking about getting all this stuff you should see all the stuff I talked about at srtforums.com about the SRT-4. I know I want a foced induction car, so it is between the SRT-4 and the Mustang/Cobra. Insurance is lower on a Mustang than an SRT-4, not sure about the Cobra though. Oh, I am trying to not think about this cause I would most likely kill myself or at least wreck it, but I could keep my car and get a crotch rocket...lower price, Crazy High insurance.
Old 06-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Lavitz
1st Gear Member

Insurance on a Cobra is not going to be cheap. If you are young as you said it will hit you hard. I got a stock 99 Cobra, not a terminator, and my insurance was extremely higher than what I was expecting and I have never had one ticket or wreck. I can only imagine what they would quote on a Terminator valued at 23-26k putting out that much power.

Also if you do get a regular GT and go with FI you would also be looking at forging the block if you run a decent amount of boost through it. After forging the block, adding on a supercharger, and the cost of the car you're looking at agood chunk of change. Make sure you know what you're getting into before you start.

Quick Reply: 03/04 Terminator Questions