SVT Forums

What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

The Cobra with an average driver (stock) and when I say average I say a 2.0 60" will run a 12.7-12.8... That's pretty damn fast for a car to be right out of the box...

Allvenom, since you're on such a high horse - what does your Cobra run? Curious.

I am around 10 second cars all the time, and 12's is still a fast time for a car to go. Just because our cars run 11's and 10's... doesn't mean 12's are slow - they're just slow in comparison, but a 12 sec qtr mile is still damn fast. you're just a *****.
An average driver is not going to run 12.7-12.8's with a stock car. You want to know what my car runs? Line up next to me you douche.

If you read my last post, I apologized for coming off as if I was offending anyone for their times. I am just used to being around fast cars. I get pissy with Cobra owners who think they own the world with their stock car because it has a blower. Yes, it is "quick". But you will get your *** handed to you by a myriad of cars out there, including SRTs, F-bodies, etc. It is by far, not the fastest thing on the street. You will also not find a more loyal Cobra owner than me, but I am a realist. I know that even though my car is a beast, it is still beatable. Now go f*ck yourself junior.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:19 AM
CobraSnake
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AllVenom

The Cobra with an average driver (stock) and when I say average I say a 2.0 60" will run a 12.7-12.8... That's pretty damn fast for a car to be right out of the box...

Allvenom, since you're on such a high horse - what does your Cobra run? Curious.

I am around 10 second cars all the time, and 12's is still a fast time for a car to go. Just because our cars run 11's and 10's... doesn't mean 12's are slow - they're just slow in comparison, but a 12 sec qtr mile is still damn fast. you're just a *****.
An average driver is not going to run 12.7-12.8's with a stock car. You want to know what my car runs? Line up next to me you douche.

If you read my last post, I apologized for coming off as if I was offending anyone for their times. I am just used to being around fast cars. I get pissy with Cobra owners who think they own the world with their stock car because it has a blower. Yes, it is "quick". But you will get your *** handed to you by a myriad of cars out there, including SRTs, F-bodies, etc. It is by far, not the fastest thing on the street. You will also not find a more loyal Cobra owner than me, but I am a realist. I know that even though my car is a beast, it is still beatable. Now go f*ck yourself junior.
wow now you sound like the douche. You also never answered his question on what you run its not our fault you suck at driving and that is the mentallity that you have about all term's. Here is my 1/4 with just a cat-back.
http://s70.photobucket.com/albums/i1...atthetrack.flv
yes that says 12.9. I thought average drivers couldn't do that??? Yes I did run some high and low 13's that night because it was my first time EVER at the track, this was I believe my 5th run of the night.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:04 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Amen. . . 12's are fast damnit . . . **runs off and cries**
Old 06-26-2007, 07:03 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

what does your car run man? i see and run with 10 sec cars at the tracks all day, but most of those are purely drag cars. i can drive to the track and run 11's then crank up the radio and blast the a/c for the ride home. in my opinion 11 sec street legal/street trim cars are pretty darn fast. lets all quit the pissing match i figure the op knows what a termie is by now. Venom you don;t have to get all pissy just cuz someone askes what you run. i would like to know myself since you have too many mods to list.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:18 AM
disturbed471985
4th Gear Member

I do get what venom is saying my DD is a 9 sec car but by all means u worded your responces wrong cause a high 12sec stock car is damn fast no matter how you slice it. So seeing that i can run 9's all day long has no affect on me causeI STILL SMILE WHEN I SEE A COBRA for the simple fact its a stock 12 sec car yes mines a 9sec but hell nothing is stock on my car so your comparing a civic to a lambo!!! Id have one but just cant see paying 20+k for a cobra just to hot for my feet right now. Bah u own a cobra but dog it wtf sell it to me since its a slow dog ill give ya 15k so then u can go buy them bad *** SRT"S << my ***!! Anyways peace and MAD love to all the Cobra owners( even the ******)
Old 07-02-2007, 12:39 AM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: disturbed471985

I do get what venom is saying my DD is a 9 sec car but by all means u worded your responces wrong cause a high 12sec stock car is damn fast no matter how you slice it. So seeing that i can run 9's all day long has no affect on me causeI STILL SMILE WHEN I SEE A COBRA for the simple fact its a stock 12 sec car yes mines a 9sec but hell nothing is stock on my car so your comparing a civic to a lambo!!! Id have one but just cant see paying 20+k for a cobra just to hot for my feet right now. Bah u own a cobra but dog it wtf sell it to me since its a slow dog ill give ya 15k so then u can go buy them bad *** SRT"S << my ***!! Anyways peace and MAD love to all the Cobra owners( even the ******)
Dude, could you put a coherent sentence together? I will gladly list my mods for you.

Here you go.
Stock block bored .030 over, CP Pistons, rest stock
2.3 Whipple
3.5 Upper/6lb Lower
60# fuel injectors
BAP
MAFia
Accufab TB
Bassani Mid Length Headers
Bassani X with Cats
SLP LM2 Catback
Fidanza flywheel, Fidanza DFX clutch 26spline upgrade.
Stock IRS
M/T Drag radials
Some papers in the glove box

Other misc crap that doesn't make it go any faster.

All this tuned mildly at 19lbs of boost.

Like I said before, a high 12 second car is not fast. I love my Cobra, I'd own nothing else (ok maybe a C6 Z-06), but I am realistic to its limits. I never think I'm the fastest on the street because there is always someone faster with way less power (Our cars are pigs). I think you all have misinterpreted my post as an attack on the Cobra world and you are sadly mistaken. You people just need to wake the f*ck up and realize that while you may be quick, don't screw it up and be an *** for the rest of us getting your *** handed to you by an Evo or whatever and shown to everyone on youtube.

Oh, congrats to you Cobrasnake. If you look at the post that you quoted me on, you will see I said 12.7 - 12.8. I'm not saying this is impossible either, but if you know statistics, you throw out the outliers and take the median.
Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 AM
XPBaller
4th Gear Member

12s were fast enough to discontinue the f-bodies.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:23 AM
CobraBob
2nd Gear Member

If you are interested in learning more specifics about the Terminator, check the FAQ section of my website. http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm

Near stock, the '03 - '04 Cobra isfast with an experienced driver. Mastering the launch (with the IRS) is a key. One well-known tuner in Colorado (intake and exhaust mods and 408rwhp) ran 11.79 @ 115. That was with a sticky tire. That's pretty impressive IMO and shows the potential with the right driver. Average guys (like me, LOL!) can more expect mid-12s.
Old 07-02-2007, 12:03 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

Get off your high damn horse and come back to reality. I don't know one car under 50k that will beat a stock Cobra made in 2003-2004, please enlighten me. There isn't 1 SRT8 that can beat a 03'04 Cobra stock 2 stock both driven correctly, nor a LS1 car - of any kind. Yes you have a fast car, but what have you run in it? You talk about Cobra owners acting like they have the fastest thing on earth but you come off like that? If you don't think 12.7-12.8 is fast for a 35k car that is stock, you're lieing or trying to sound like a big shot. But you're right, compared to a 9-10 second car mid-highesh 12's really isn't fast, but you're comparing a car that you've put 10k into. You look at any stock car under 50k and it's the fastest if not one of the fastest - not sure if i am not thinking of a particular model or not. but, nothing in 2003/2004 that GM made for 50k or less is faster - same goes for Dodge and any other competitor. So come back to reality f*cktard.

By the way... what do you run? You talk all this trash, then tell someone to line up next to you.. have you ever even run? Or did you run justa slow time because you don't really know how to drive your whipplecar... by the way that's really not that fast. Ported blower + 100 shot = eat you for lunch.

On a side note: may want to do something with your IRS before you snap it. Mickeys + torque = a bad day for stock Cobra IRS.

ORIGINAL: disturbed471985

Dude, could you put a coherent sentence together? I will gladly list my mods for you.

Here you go.
2.3 Whipple
3.5 Upper/6lb Lower
60# fuel injectors
BAP
MAFia
Accufab TB
Bassani X with Cats
SLP LM2 Catback
Stock IRS
M/T Drag radials

Like I said before, a high 12 second car is not fast. I love my Cobra, I'd own nothing else (ok maybe a C6 Z-06), but I am realistic to its limits. I never think I'm the fastest on the street because there is always someone faster with way less power (Our cars are pigs). I think you all have misinterpreted my post as an attack on the Cobra world and you are sadly mistaken. You people just need to wake the f*ck up and realize that while you may be quick, don't screw it up and be an *** for the rest of us getting your *** handed to you by an Evo or whatever and shown to everyone on youtube.

Oh, congrats to you Cobrasnake. If you look at the post that you quoted me on, you will see I said 12.7 - 12.8. I'm not saying this is impossible either, but if you know statistics, you throw out the outliers and take the median.
Old 07-03-2007, 01:01 AM
klarkent42
1st Gear Member

Here you go.
2.3 Whipple
3.5 Upper/6lb Lower
60# fuel injectors
BAP
MAFia
Accufab TB
Bassani X with Cats
SLP LM2 Catback
Stock IRS
M/T Drag radials

I see that you're not understanding what we're all trying to get across to you you f*cking moron. High 12/ low 13 second STOCK cars are considered fast/ quick, whatever you wanna call it. Nobody here considers their Cobra unbeatable. We all know there is always a faster car, we're not stupid. Maybe you suck at driving and are incapable of runningtimes like these that made you a realist, but there are people out there who know how to handle their stock Cobras, including me. I've neverbeen to the track, but I can tell you not one srt, evo, vette (excluding the c6 vettes, haven't raced one yet) have beat me yet. Call it what you want, but that makes me feel pretty damn good about my driving and thepower my car puts out. So you can go live in your pathetic "real world", as for us, we're gonna keep it going no matter what is thrown our way. Getting beat by a modded evo or srt is not the end of the world buddy, you just gotta realize they're spending money to try to get to the level most cobra owners are already at. With that being said, more power to us.

Quick Reply: What is an 03 Cobra Terminator??