SVT Forums

2.8" pulley

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 02:07 PM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

Default 2.8" pulley

OK, this is a many part question. I just bought a new 2.8" pulley for my blower and I want to make sure I have everything I need when it's time to put it on. The instructions state that I can re-use my existing belt, but I think I remember other people saying that I would need to get a new belt or add a blower pulley tensioner. Can someone confirm this?

Part 2: On Steeda's site the say that a chip is also needed; I assume that's because the air/fuel mixture is going to be way off. The chip costs $275 but I am certain this will void my warranty. That being said I think my only option is to get my chip re-programmed. Or can I just swap back to the original (factory) chip when I take it in for service?

Any help would be great.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 01-19-2005, 02:18 PM
mdvaldosta
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: 2.8" pulley

you can remove the aftermarket chip and pulley (either would void the warranty) when you need work done. it would be easier though to get a handheld tuner and reflash your ecu, that way you wont need to pull out your computer everytime you wanted to change the tune.
Old 01-29-2005, 09:38 AM
Hulk

Diablosport Predator.
[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 01-31-2005, 01:52 PM
50FastFord
2nd Gear Member

I need to purchase the belts etc with this eaton supercharger I got so if I wont to go to like to 2.83 pulley does it come with everything? are waht would I look at spending for it?
Old 02-01-2005, 09:56 AM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

50FastFord,

Here is what I know. My pulley cost about $90.00, the pulley puller will cost anywhere from $100.00 to about $140.00, the belt is about $65.00 and if you go with a chip another $275.00 or you could go with a programmer for about $400.00. Additionally I think you will want a custom tune for the programmer and some dyno time to make sure everything is in good running order. Dyno time and the custom tune will be about $200.00 depending on your local shop. All together your looking at about $770 to $895.

A lot of cash but from what I hear, money well spent. I have the pulley now and a local guy who will put it on, I still need the belt and the programmer though. I am going to wait until maybe summer as I need to get some warranty work done and I don't want to keep switching the pulley and programming every time I take it into the shop.

If you get all the parts, let me know what you spent and if you find any good deals.

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 02-02-2005, 07:17 PM
BLWNSN8K
2nd Gear Member

A Buddy Of Mine Bought Me the Pulley for my B-Day, I bought a Smaller GATOR Belt for About $42.00 and Had It Custom Tuned On the Dyno. The Whole Pulley Cost for Me Was Only $300.00 , It Pays to Have Freinds with a Performance Shop {NEXT LEVEL PERFORMANCE} formally {NORRIS MOTOR SPORTS} Down Here In Orlando Fl.
Old 02-02-2005, 09:25 PM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

Blwnsn8k,

Did you already have a chip or a tuner for programing your PCM?

Thanks for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 02-02-2005, 11:00 PM
01GTvertible
3rd Gear Member

i bought my 03 cobra about 2 months ago, and since then, i have done the pulley swap, and i was told that you need to get another belt. i had my chip re-flashed. you can do it like 4 times total, so if i need to bring it to get it fixed, i can put stock pulley and belt back on. i also got steeda shifter, air intake, and magnaflow catback. the car is awesome. money definately worth spent. you'll have a blast driving it.

blwnsn8k, i got my work done at lamotta's in orlando, are you familiar with them??
your car looks sweet. love the mystic
Old 02-03-2005, 09:30 AM
jefflesh
1st Gear Member

01GTvertible,

You mention that you can flash the PCM 4 times total, what happens after that? I am thinking I should wait until the warranty is up before I start playing around with the pulley.

Thanks everyone for your time.

Sincerely,

Jeff
Old 02-15-2005, 09:50 PM
angcobra
4th Gear Member

I have the 2.80 pulley, I used the factory belt but added and idler. I got a local tuner to meet me at the dyno, he brought the pulley, idler, and diablo sport predator. He did the work to change the pulley with his own tools, he then flash tuned it, ran it on the dyno, made adjustments to the tune and I was done. My cost to gain ~ 140 ft-lb RWTRQ in the lower RPMs was about $900.

Quick Reply: 2.8" pulley