SVT Forums

GT500 rods crap!!

Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 PM
mfj
Banned

Default RE: GT500 rods crap!!

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

"The SVT engineers specified forged "H-beam" connecting rods from Manley Manufacturing, which have the strength to withstand the engine’s high torque output. The rods are fitted with new forged pistons with dished tops similar to those on the SVT Lightning. These pistons lower the compression ratio to 8.5:1, which is necessary to handle the higher compression pressures developed in the supercharged engine."

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ra/index.shtml
thanks dude for that. some people dont do their research, lol! i think you and i are on the same page though!! so far, i havent found a post u made, that i disagree with. wanna go for some beers later on?? lol!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:10 PM
zolen

Thanks mfj, I wasn't trying to sound intelligent, I am intelligent. I'm sure even Einstein had brainfarts now and then. I was wrong, they do have H-beams.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 PM
mfj
Banned

ORIGINAL: zolen

Thanks mfj, I wasn't trying to sound intelligent, I am intelligent. I'm sure even Einstein had brainfarts now and then. I was wrong, they do have H-beams.
im sorry for sounding like a jerk. my bad
Old 09-11-2007, 09:19 PM
zolen

its cool man
Old 09-12-2007, 11:54 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

I would but your not old enough
ORIGINAL: mfj

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

"The SVT engineers specified forged "H-beam" connecting rods from Manley Manufacturing, which have the strength to withstand the engine’s high torque output. The rods are fitted with new forged pistons with dished tops similar to those on the SVT Lightning. These pistons lower the compression ratio to 8.5:1, which is necessary to handle the higher compression pressures developed in the supercharged engine."

http://www.fordmuscle.com/archives/2...ra/index.shtml
thanks dude for that. some people dont do their research, lol! i think you and i are on the same page though!! so far, i havent found a post u made, that i disagree with. wanna go for some beers later on?? lol!
Old 09-13-2007, 02:08 AM
mfj
Banned

well next year in may then, hahaha!
Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

I've alsoread that our Terminator Rods are stronger and I'vealso commented on it before.Here's a good read to add to the discussion:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...;highlight=650

Old 09-13-2007, 11:55 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: PWORLDSTANG

I've alsoread that our Terminator Rods are stronger and I'vealso commented on it before.Here's a good read to add to the discussion:

http://svtperformance.com/forums/sho...;highlight=650

What's interesting is that people are pushing way more than 650-675 crank hp, and the motors hold up. IMHO, that's good news and for GT500 owners.I'm glad to see people are pushing more power than that. 650-675 crank hp on the GT500 isn't that much more over stock when you compare it to how much power Terminators push over stock, or even at the rear wheels.
Old 09-13-2007, 12:59 PM
mfj
Banned

well all the shelbys are still new. we'll see how long they last with that much power. my guess is that this time, next year, there are going to be a lot of broken shelbys out there!!
Old 09-14-2007, 10:05 AM
PWORLDSTANG
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mfj

well all the shelbys are still new. we'll see how long they last with that much power. my guess is that this time, next year, there are going to be a lot of broken shelbys out there!!
Yea, theyare stillpretty new soonly time will tell.But I hope those motors hold up. If they don't, then it really would be a failure on Ford's part in producing a Mustang superior than the Terminator. One of the best thing about the Terminator is the forged internals, and how much power these engines can hold. The internals don't need to be touched until you're making a serious amount of power.

Froma performance standpoint, the GT500 has a bigger motor, which is a good thing. But, If it cost more, weighs more, and can't hold more or atleast as much power, then there's not much more being offered other than the Shelby name.

And on top of that, it will add fuel to the fire for the many GT500 haters. Everyone hates on these car because they're big, heavy, expensive and don't put up good track times for having 500HP. ...I get sick of hearing that ****. These cars deserve their respect. And IMO, the only way they'll get their respect is if people continue to push the limits on these cars and make **** loads of power, just like they did with the Terminator.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GT500 rods crap!!