SVT Forums

Stock 03' Cobra....Want to make it 600HP????

Old 10-01-2007, 08:14 PM
kingleo1983

Default Stock 03' Cobra....Want to make it 600HP????

I have just bought a 03 cobra stock and I would like to know the order and info of what I should do first to the car. I know I want the car to sound loud as hell, cause I had 1 mustang next to me one day and it hurt my ears it was so loud, and I said I had to get my car like that 1 day.

First what is boost? and pulleys, and how do they work together?

I know I want to go with a loud sounding supercharger not a whiner. I was thinking kenny bell 2.8?
I want to go with 60lb. injectors and 3.73 gears.

thanks for the help

I was on here a time b 4 and I was going to buy 1 with all the mods done to it but I got shot down by everybody on that so........ thanks for the info about that
Old 10-01-2007, 08:23 PM
00SVTCobraR

Default RE: Stock 03' Cobra....Want to make it 600HP????

All S/Cs are gonna whine, you wont stop that. Be sure all the basic stuff is running correctly before modding.

Edited
I'm not a troll, but working with my grandfather on his cars, I'm in the habit of calling everything by the right name. I called a Corvette a Vette, and he bitched me out for weeks, and I do the same. My mistake guys.
Old 10-01-2007, 08:46 PM
mfj
Banned

if ur going for 600 hp, i would do the following.

Kenne Bell 2.6L
SCT BA 3000
Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump (18 psi)
60 lb/hr injectors
Kooks LTs
Dr. Gas X pipe
3in Bassani catback
some cold air kit
accufab single blade tb
aftermarket heat exchanger
and another cooling mod couldnt hurt either
Old 10-01-2007, 10:04 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

"soon to be mustang owner" why not own the car before you talk trash to someone that has a nice one... thanks goodnight. troll.

I agree with above... you really don't even need the KB, you could do it with a whipple which is a bit cheaper.. or a ported blower + nitrous if you want to go that route... just whatever direction you go.. make sure you have the cooling mods... HE, head cooling mod, tstat, radiator/

ORIGINAL: 00SVTCobraR

Kenny Bell? I hope thats like a nickname for the company..or your the dumbest person in the world.

All S/Cs are gonna whine, you wont stop that. Be sure all the basic stuff is running correctly before modding.
Old 10-01-2007, 10:06 PM
CobraStangGT16
5th Gear Member

Kenny Bell? I hope thats like a nickname for the company..or your the dumbest person in the world.

Hey newbie...that was uncalled for. I think you may be up thereon the dumbest people list after that last comment...show some respect, will ya?

If you're gunna act that way, I suggest you quit logging on here you trash talkintrollbag.
Old 10-02-2007, 12:03 AM
mfj
Banned

im not sure if u understand this, but any positive displacement supercharger is going to whine, but if ur exhaust is open enough, it will over power the whine sound.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:13 AM
nighthawk756

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

"soon to be mustang owner" why not own the car before you talk trash to someone that has a nice one... thanks goodnight. troll.

I agree with above... you really don't even need the KB, you could do it with a whipple which is a bit cheaper.. or a ported blower + nitrous if you want to go that route... just whatever direction you go.. make sure you have the cooling mods... HE, head cooling mod, tstat, radiator/

No kiddin'! +1!!!

Also to the OP....before going mod crazy...sounds like you havea good bit to learn. So go to different boards and read all you can about these cars. Your still new to the game and that plus a ton of horsepower could be a bad situation.
Old 10-02-2007, 04:37 AM
AZ SNAKE
2nd Gear Member

If your going to do it all at once then go with the mods above. If your gonna do it over the years start off with some of the normal bolt ons. Oh and KENNE BELL is what you meant to say I assume.

Upper pulley 2.76
Upgraded Heat exchanger
Bassani cat back with x pipe (nice and loud)
cold air intake.
But make sure to get the car tuned, unless you want to hurt it......

Then start thinking about lower pullies
Ported blower
Accufab single blade TB and plenum
New MAF
Kenne Bell BAP
then another tune

All that will get you 500 hp

OH AND THE WHINE OF A SUPERCHARGER IS SOOOO ADDICTIVE
Old 10-02-2007, 07:28 AM
lad30nyc
1st Gear Member

good thing this guy started this post before I did, I'm in the same boat as you KingLeo, thanks for the info guys
Old 10-02-2007, 09:39 AM
Crazyfast50stang
5th Gear Member

HP Twin Turbo kit.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Stock 03' Cobra....Want to make it 600HP????