SVT Forums

termi vs roush???

Old 11-20-2007, 12:31 AM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

Default termi vs roush???

Hey ok so im a termi owner and i was just wondering how a roush would hold up against my car??? i know there are different stages of roush's but you dont ever hear about them or see them really...there is one down the road from me for sell and me and my friend are going to go look at it tomarrow afternoon its the 05 and up body style and its yellow and black but i was just wondering how they hold up against the cobras
Old 11-20-2007, 07:55 AM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: termi vs roush???

ORIGINAL: soldierstang04

Hey ok so im a termi owner and i was just wondering how a roush would hold up against my car??? i know there are different stages of roush's but you dont ever hear about them or see them really...there is one down the road from me for sell and me and my friend are going to go look at it tomarrow afternoon its the 05 and up body style and its yellow and black but i was just wondering how they hold up against the cobras
Well it all depends if your talking about the 00-02 which puts down about 360hp (you can take thateasy) or the01 Anniversary 440A - claims 400hp disputed at 360hp, or the newer model 05+ 430hp with a 12.9 1/4mi.

The 05+ Stage 3s should be a drivers race
Old 11-20-2007, 08:38 AM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

All I know is that I can tell you that i HURT a Stage 3 S197 in my car...
Old 11-20-2007, 11:20 AM
BTRStang
2nd Gear Member

I really don`t care for a Roush of any stage. If you put the amount of money into a GT for which you pay fora Roush you would have a beast. To I don`t like the body kits. Just my veiw on them!
Old 11-20-2007, 12:04 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BTRStang

I really don`t care for a Roush of any stage. If you put the amount of money into a GT for which you pay fora Roush you would have a beast. To I don`t like the body kits. Just my veiw on them!
agreed. You pay more for the Jack Roush name and the side exaughst than anything else, however the wheels are pretty but you're better off with a cobra or a modded GT. Roush are still 2v SOHC? i think
Old 11-20-2007, 12:11 PM
mfj
Banned

well ofcourse the s197 roush's are 3 v just like the GT's
Old 11-20-2007, 05:16 PM
LilRoush
6th Gear Member

Depends on stage of the Roush and the type of "run" you do. Assuming it's at least a Stage 2, it will out corner and out stop you. You'll kill it in the standing 1/4 (Well, standing anything for that matter) and in cost to buy.
Old 11-20-2007, 07:41 PM
xxkazp3rxx
6th Gear Member

That's not true either. The terminators corner better then the Shelby's and while the Stage 3 S197 out cornered it (handeling wise), the Shelby still had a better time... and it wasn't as close as the Shelby vs Terminator....

The Roush Mustang, is more for people that want the name, and/or think it's going to be a collectible.

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

Depends on stage of the Roush and the type of "run" you do. Assuming it's at least a Stage 2, it will out corner and out stop you. You'll kill it in the standing 1/4 (Well, standing anything for that matter) and in cost to buy.
Old 11-20-2007, 08:45 PM
iraziel
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: xxkazp3rxx

That's not true either. The terminators corner better then the Shelby's and while the Stage 3 S197 out cornered it (handeling wise), the Shelby still had a better time... and it wasn't as close as the Shelby vs Terminator....

The Roush Mustang, is more for people that want the name, and/or think it's going to be a collectible.

ORIGINAL: LilRoush

Thats not the reason i bought mine for, i prefer the styling of a Roush over jus about anything out there.

Just to name a few: IMO
Stage 3 bumper, more aggressive than the Termi's
Side skirts, give it a lowered "look"
Side exhaust vice rear; uniqueness
NTM the Roush interior, feels good
Old 11-20-2007, 09:41 PM
soldierstang04
2nd Gear Member

well we went and looked at it and yeah it was not a stage 3 so we walked away...this is a guy use to driving 400 whp cars going to a less of a car....yeah and it wasnt even that good looking b/c it has the 17in bullet rims yeah it was just ugly.....and as far as teh side skirts giving it a lowered look....just buy some springs and lower your car alot more effective IMO

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: termi vs roush???