SVT Forums

TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 10:22 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

i guess we will see how cars with the hellraizer run at the track compared to the ones that are straight twins.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:24 PM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

ORIGINAL: banned

ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

tha fact is the 41 psi at the manifold using the compunded boost does not put as much strain on the motor internals which is why you can safely make almost 1200 hp on the stock motor. not to mention having the blower boost down low is going to keep the tq up on the low and which should make for some seriously fas 1/4 mile times.
... make 1200 hp safely on a stock motor.... huh ok, do you believe in the Easter bunny to?
On marks 88mm turbo car 33 psi lifted the heads and blew out both head gaskets on the first pass. the compounded boost must be acting differently if it was taking 41 psi on a stock motor for multiple dyno pulls.
Old 06-05-2011, 06:54 PM
CobraX99

Originally Posted by AJ03SVT
I think it depends on how you look at it. Raw power, it's not the best, but with constant boost through the entire RPM range, it would be fast as hell. I mean, how much more power do you really need once you get around 1000 HP? Having torque at top and bottom end though would be amazing. I think too many of you just look at the numbers and not what the car could actually do.
With all said and done, Im more with the HP and the power kicking out of it.. Instead of keeping it just a supercharger+TT, Maybe it should be giving a Quad-boost, sort of like the Quad-Turbo charger.... It should be Made out to be a Twin-Supercharged+TT V12 Motor, beating out any other car in its class, and bringing out the most power a Mustang can have.. this will bring out exerting HP and torque to the Mustang system... if anything It should be added to the GT500 Super snake... The only thing that would be able to beat that would be if u could compound a Quad-Supercharged+Quad-Turbo charger, and i seriously doubt that will be possible, but hey u never know, if u can do it, go for it
Old 06-05-2011, 07:11 PM
CobraX99

Originally Posted by CobraX99
With all said and done, Im more with the HP and the power kicking out of it.. Instead of keeping it just a supercharger+TT, Maybe it should be giving a Quad-boost, sort of like the Quad-Turbo charger.... It should be Made out to be a Twin-Supercharged+TT V12 Motor, beating out any other car in its class, and bringing out the most power a Mustang can have.. this will bring out exerting HP and torque to the Mustang system... if anything It should be added to the GT500 Super snake... The only thing that would be able to beat that would be if u could compound a Quad-Supercharged+Quad-Turbo charger, and i seriously doubt that will be possible, but hey u never know, if u can do it, go for it
Not to mension for the people who worry about the safty of controling this car, I recommend that you use a Dual transmition, automatic on one side and manual on the other, for when you are cruising and for when you are ready to rumble... In cases like this i belive a two gear transmition with the Dual would be best, kicking out 140mph to 150mph in the first gear, and up to 300mph in the secound gear... just putting that out for all you speed demons... But if this is done, keeping racing style seatbelts in the car (More safty for more power).
Old 09-22-2013, 08:18 AM
Strokednforged

Originally Posted by 1999SVTCTT
I WAS WONDERING IF ITS EVAN IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT A TWIN TURBO ON A SUPERCHARGED
COBRA
SOME GUY WAS TALKING CRAP SAYIN HE HAS A 03 COBRA WITH A SUPERCHARGER AND TWIN TURBO ON IT
I SAID HE WAS FULL OF IT
BUT JUST WONDERING
Lmao! Sure is possible!!!
Old 09-22-2013, 08:22 AM
Strokednforged

Originally Posted by AJ06GT
I think it depends on how you look at it. Raw power, it's not the best, but with constant boost through the entire RPM range, it would be fast as hell. I mean, how much more power do you really need once you get around 1000 HP? Having torque at top and bottom end though would be amazing. I think too many of you just look at the numbers and not what the car could actually do.
Well said, I have read and seen many twin turbo n supercharged applications n the benefit of the supercharger versus just the turbos has been not real impressive however the full range torque/power is/has got to be AMAZING!!!
Old 09-23-2013, 04:46 PM
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

that hellion kit looks crazy pretty badass tho
Old 09-25-2013, 01:08 PM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

holy old thread batman