Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 4.6L (1996-2004 Modular) Mustang > SVT Forums
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 01-16-2008, 11:22 PM   #31
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

i guess we will see how cars with the hellraizer run at the track compared to the ones that are straight twins.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

More than you got!
931.8 rwhp 984 tq
Blownsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2008, 11:24 PM   #32
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

Default RE: TWIN TURBO AND SUPERCHARGER

Quote:
ORIGINAL: banned

Quote:
ORIGINAL: Blownsvt

tha fact is the 41 psi at the manifold using the compunded boost does not put as much strain on the motor internals which is why you can safely make almost 1200 hp on the stock motor. not to mention having the blower boost down low is going to keep the tq up on the low and which should make for some seriously fas 1/4 mile times.
... make 1200 hp safely on a stock motor.... huh ok, do you believe in the Easter bunny to?
On marks 88mm turbo car 33 psi lifted the heads and blew out both head gaskets on the first pass. the compounded boost must be acting differently if it was taking 41 psi on a stock motor for multiple dyno pulls.

More than you got!
931.8 rwhp 984 tq
Blownsvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:54 PM   #33
CobraX99

Vehicle: 1966 standard 289
Eric Hayes WeoponX99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ03SVT View Post
I think it depends on how you look at it. Raw power, it's not the best, but with constant boost through the entire RPM range, it would be fast as hell. I mean, how much more power do you really need once you get around 1000 HP? Having torque at top and bottom end though would be amazing. I think too many of you just look at the numbers and not what the car could actually do.
With all said and done, Im more with the HP and the power kicking out of it.. Instead of keeping it just a supercharger+TT, Maybe it should be giving a Quad-boost, sort of like the Quad-Turbo charger.... It should be Made out to be a Twin-Supercharged+TT V12 Motor, beating out any other car in its class, and bringing out the most power a Mustang can have.. this will bring out exerting HP and torque to the Mustang system... if anything It should be added to the GT500 Super snake... The only thing that would be able to beat that would be if u could compound a Quad-Supercharged+Quad-Turbo charger, and i seriously doubt that will be possible, but hey u never know, if u can do it, go for it
CobraX99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 08:11 PM   #34
CobraX99

Vehicle: 1966 standard 289
Eric Hayes WeoponX99

Quote:
Originally Posted by CobraX99 View Post
With all said and done, Im more with the HP and the power kicking out of it.. Instead of keeping it just a supercharger+TT, Maybe it should be giving a Quad-boost, sort of like the Quad-Turbo charger.... It should be Made out to be a Twin-Supercharged+TT V12 Motor, beating out any other car in its class, and bringing out the most power a Mustang can have.. this will bring out exerting HP and torque to the Mustang system... if anything It should be added to the GT500 Super snake... The only thing that would be able to beat that would be if u could compound a Quad-Supercharged+Quad-Turbo charger, and i seriously doubt that will be possible, but hey u never know, if u can do it, go for it
Not to mension for the people who worry about the safty of controling this car, I recommend that you use a Dual transmition, automatic on one side and manual on the other, for when you are cruising and for when you are ready to rumble... In cases like this i belive a two gear transmition with the Dual would be best, kicking out 140mph to 150mph in the first gear, and up to 300mph in the secound gear... just putting that out for all you speed demons... But if this is done, keeping racing style seatbelts in the car (More safty for more power).
CobraX99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:18 AM   #35
Strokednforged

Vehicle: 93 ford mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1999SVTCTT View Post
I WAS WONDERING IF ITS EVAN IMPOSSIBLE TO PUT A TWIN TURBO ON A SUPERCHARGED
COBRA
SOME GUY WAS TALKING CRAP SAYIN HE HAS A 03 COBRA WITH A SUPERCHARGER AND TWIN TURBO ON IT
I SAID HE WAS FULL OF IT
BUT JUST WONDERING
Lmao! Sure is possible!!!
Strokednforged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2013, 09:22 AM   #36
Strokednforged

Vehicle: 93 ford mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ06GT View Post
I think it depends on how you look at it. Raw power, it's not the best, but with constant boost through the entire RPM range, it would be fast as hell. I mean, how much more power do you really need once you get around 1000 HP? Having torque at top and bottom end though would be amazing. I think too many of you just look at the numbers and not what the car could actually do.
Well said, I have read and seen many twin turbo n supercharged applications n the benefit of the supercharger versus just the turbos has been not real impressive however the full range torque/power is/has got to be AMAZING!!!
Strokednforged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 05:46 PM   #37
TomKat
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 65' Mustang, 04' Mustang v6

that hellion kit looks crazy pretty badass tho
TomKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM   #38
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1999, Ford, Mustang
Send a message via AIM to 99 GT vert

holy old thread batman

99 GT convertable- Laser Red- sold

03 TT Cobra coupe- Sonic Blue

99 GT vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 02:08 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
1000, 1200, 2003, 50, cobra, compound, hp, kit, modular, mustang, supercharged, supercharger, turbo, turbos, twin