SVT Forums

Kenne Bell vs Procharger vs Vortech

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2009, 06:03 PM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

Default Kenne Bell vs Procharger vs Vortech

Ive been looking at superchargers im at wits end with bolt ons. I would love the KB for my car but its basically 7k. That is quite alot for me and i have been seing vortech and procharger on lethal performance and sc unlimited. These are much cheaper but look like similar gains. So should i wait alot longer to get the kb or get a vortech or procharger soon.
Old 02-02-2009, 09:29 PM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

well are you comparing apples to apples? just look ast what comes WITH the kits... i know the Kenne Bell costs alot more, but it looks like it comes with everything you need, and they're pretty simple to install (time consuming, but they come with decent directions if you can do as your told.. haha)

If it were me, id look at the bottom line perfromance, 9 psi may be fine now... but once you get used to that, your pocket will start itching again.. with the Kenne Bell, you swap the pulley once you get your motor to withstand it.

So my vote is for Kenne Bell.
But with soo many people running the Vortechs.... theres gotta be something to that ya know.
Old 02-02-2009, 10:44 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

The KB will be like instant power down low, where as the centri (vortec & procharger) with have more power in the higher rpms. Its kinda hard to explain, I say KB!
Old 02-02-2009, 10:58 PM
Fobra
Banned

you want to feel fast or be fast?
Old 02-02-2009, 11:08 PM
jRock617
2nd Gear Member

well you first have to decide if u want a postive displacement blower or a centri blower. do you want to make instant boost that will remain equal throughout the entire RPM range, or do you want to make tons of boost in your upper band?

Also, how is your traction right now? Do you spin alot with those 4.10s? The kenne bell will only make that worse.
Old 02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

i was about to say ^ If u do go KB those rear end gears will have to come out.
Old 02-03-2009, 12:45 AM
Aereon
5th Gear Member

4.1+kb = 0 traction. I'd recommend looking at the mongoose kit with the 4.1's you already have.
Old 02-03-2009, 05:46 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

see ive looked really deep into KB and i love them..they really know what there doing and there superchargers are well put together...as with pro and vortech i know the boosts change over diff rpms and you wont get full boost until the upper rpms...I like the all round power of kenne bell....as for spinning my tires with my 285 on 8in rims its doesnt spin like crazy, i do have 315's waiting to be put on a 10.5 wheel in the spring here....so the only downside to the kb is with the 4.10's...i do feel vortechs are good many people run them and they love them so im having a hard time weighing what to get lol
Old 02-03-2009, 09:03 AM
MAD SVT
4th Gear Member

Agreed! I think its somewhat unanimous haha... Kenne Bell for you my friend.

now lose the gearing i dont think the 315's are gonna help unless its on a sticky track.
Old 02-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Grabber
5th Gear Member

Well, A KB will give you more power down low, and just as much as a centri up top, and the power will not fall off if you don't over-rev the car.

A Centri will suck down low, but pull hard when the RPM's increase. It will keep spinning faster and faster, and the higher your max RPM, the more power you can get.

Quick Reply: Kenne Bell vs Procharger vs Vortech