SVT Forums

Sigh...come on in fellas... i might have some new plans as well.

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 09:42 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

Default Sigh...come on in fellas... i might have some new plans as well.

Okay so bascially i was looking at making a little more power N/A but i think i've pretty much hit a wall without paying a ****load of money for a stroker conversion... and i don't even think im gonna make 400whp N/A. So i had a few questions for you guys. How well do 01 cobra heads/intake flow under forced induction? I mean im sure they could use a port, but would i be ALOT better off going with a different set of heads? Like 03 cobras? how much do these run? Last... but probably most importantly; I know you have to pay to play but are there any good/ efficent superchargers i could get for a decent/ cheap price? and then perhaps upgrade in the future? (I've heard something about S-Trim being able to upgrade to T -Trim?) At this point im just glad ive been stockpiling money instead of pulling the trigger on N/A cams, but im still not sure, its up in the air.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:13 PM
socalwrench
4th Gear Member

if you're going to use forced induction- I would even bother with changing the cams. you're going to be pushing air and fuel into the cylinders. sure it would make power to have forced induction cams, but if you're on a tight budget don't worry about it.

personally, I think Paxton makes a very nice centrifugal supercharger kit- nice power with decent drive ability. of course, this kit is designed for a 1996-98 Cobra (p/n 1001819). should work with your factory compression ratio- an extra 140 hp, 90 ft-lbs at 8 psi (before any additional mods). the only thing I would add is an intercooler.
Old 03-09-2009, 10:38 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I'm a big fan of procharger. Also have you givin any thought to turbo? I know it can be costly but its like free hp.
Old 03-10-2009, 03:27 AM
Hlistr_07RR
I always jizz first

Twin Turbo

/thread
Old 03-10-2009, 11:16 AM
Blownsvt
5th Gear Member

turbo FTW if you have the money. I think the 99/01 heads are pretty similar to the ones on an 03 so that change is probably not worth it. the 99/01 intake mani does pretty well too. I am running one on my car and a buddy of mine put 999.7 whp down through one as well.
Old 03-10-2009, 04:18 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Can't go wrong with a Vortech S or T trim....Loved my T-trim on my old Fox!
Old 03-10-2009, 04:28 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

WoW looks like Turbo is the winner in this thread lol. Now all we need you to say is Turbo it is!
Old 03-10-2009, 06:26 PM
mfj
Banned

If you're on a budget, which it seems that you are, turbo is NOT the way to go... I'd go with Procharger. Start off with a P1SC. They are upgradeable to a D1SC, or you can just swap in an F1 head unit, if you want 20+ lbs of boost... Procharger is EASY to install, as they are self contained, so you do not need to tap into your oil pan, and therefore will have no drain back / oil issues...
Old 03-10-2009, 07:20 PM
Fobra
Banned

If you already have cobra heads, B or C then you should just have them worked, the differences are not that much, esp w/ FI. Going turbo is cheaper if you have some fab skils. but not so if you dont. IMO a JT trim vortech and ported heads will take you just about as far as you want to go (700+)
Old 03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
SVTeeshirt
5th Gear Member

social wrench, i am not exactly tight on money but am already spending alot on this build and an expensive blower would just put it off much farther than i would like it to. I am rebuilding my whole car using only the block and stock crank.( anyone know the whp rating on the stock 96 crank?) I think i would probably do cams at a later point though, save myself the $2000( cams/springs/camgears) and put that money tword some sort of F/I system, but it almost seems like a waste not to do cams while the heads are off,
thus my dillemma.

Turbo guys: i was looking at a used TT kit for a good price, guy needs to see if anything needs replaced (has been sitting for a little while) and will get back to me. Provided i can do all my fab work, (someone tell me what all is involved please! ) how much would a decent turbo kit cost me? My friend has a pipe bender so if i could get a hold of him that would make life eeeeasy! lol.

MFJ- Good to know, i'll look into it, how much boost does the base p1sc make?

Fobra- yeah thats what i was thinking, as long as i can find a decent shop to do headwork the C heads should be good.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Quick Reply: Sigh...come on in fellas... i might have some new plans as well.