SVT Forums

what are your thoughts on the 2003-04 cobra?

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2009, 09:56 PM
CammedMysticCobra
1st Gear Member

Ok I have to say the IRS for drag racing launching anything close 3800 with Mickeys or Nittos on really good burnout without steeda brace kit on a night where the tracked was preped you should pray your IRS dosent fall on ground but it will maybe you get lucky and get one more shot at breaking it which would be your next run cuz you would be so excited you just ran a 12.3 with bolt ons powershifting like crazy and are ready to lower times.

Now for the Goods besides IRS breaking in conditions described as above any other time the IRS is amazing. I have raced Vipers on highways going into turns at 140 to 160 mph and feels very stable also had Viper back off on me like a bitch going into a freeway turn lol.

The olny other bad thing I can think is destroying tranny at 28k miles like I did which was covered under warranty. Worst thing ever about 03 04 Cobra for is getting tickets and earning a 3 page drivers record deflty the worst only because you get tired at every light, stop sign, gas station, fast food place, restaruant, hang out, parking lot, auto event, parties, vette hangout for sure only when passing by they will come after you 90 percent of time if they know you only have bolt ons, if they know you have Kenny Bell or Whiple they will not run you unless they are boost or Spray. Also of course if its a C6 Z06 you will be fcked if youd dont have spray or boost also will get tried by every single car imaginable including all ricers.

So I have to say it was a car that at the time was an amazing buy. I mean it was made to compete with C5 Z06. Also depends on how much your willing to spend. If you have 40 Grand I have to say go with the best buy in automotive history the C6 Z06 but if you have less than Cobra is the way to go.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:42 PM
evo eater
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CammedMysticCobra
Ok I have to say the IRS for drag racing launching anything close 3800 with Mickeys or Nittos on really good burnout without steeda brace kit on a night where the tracked was preped you should pray your IRS dosent fall on ground but it will maybe you get lucky and get one more shot at breaking it which would be your next run cuz you would be so excited you just ran a 12.3 with bolt ons powershifting like crazy and are ready to lower times.

Now for the Goods besides IRS breaking in conditions described as above any other time the IRS is amazing. I have raced Vipers on highways going into turns at 140 to 160 mph and feels very stable also had Viper back off on me like a bitch going into a freeway turn lol.

The olny other bad thing I can think is destroying tranny at 28k miles like I did which was covered under warranty. Worst thing ever about 03 04 Cobra for is getting tickets and earning a 3 page drivers record deflty the worst only because you get tired at every light, stop sign, gas station, fast food place, restaruant, hang out, parking lot, auto event, parties, vette hangout for sure only when passing by they will come after you 90 percent of time if they know you only have bolt ons, if they know you have Kenny Bell or Whiple they will not run you unless they are boost or Spray. Also of course if its a C6 Z06 you will be fcked if youd dont have spray or boost also will get tried by every single car imaginable including all ricers.

So I have to say it was a car that at the time was an amazing buy. I mean it was made to compete with C5 Z06. Also depends on how much your willing to spend. If you have 40 Grand I have to say go with the best buy in automotive history the C6 Z06 but if you have less than Cobra is the way to go.
Deff a nice write up!! this car sounds like its gonna get me in alot of trouble!!!
i mean you just have to be smart about what your doing. i would love to see some guys in there vettes come up to a 22 year old kid in this car and get there *** handed to them lol. o wait thats gonna be me hahaha.

im not looking to dropping tons of money into the car but who knows, when your all said and done you have more into the car then you think anyways so.
Old 11-23-2009, 02:01 PM
evo eater
2nd Gear Member

ok so ive seen the verts cheaper then the coupes. so im thinking about getting a vert but i know they weigh more and there bodies arent as strong as the coupe. what do you guys think of a vert compaired to the coupe?
Old 11-23-2009, 04:31 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

ummm no. thats all your fault buddy.

i've had my car for about a year now and my records still spotless.

OP: i would go for the coupe hands down. i hate verts. a little less performance and they look like crap.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:17 AM
evo eater
2nd Gear Member

OP: i would go for the coupe hands down. i hate verts. a little less performance and they look like crap.[/QUOTE]

thats what i was thinking to. just wondering what other people think about the verts compared to the coupes thats all.
Old 12-04-2009, 08:36 PM
CammedMysticCobra
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 945LSTANG
ummm no. thats all your fault buddy.

i've had my car for about a year now and my records still spotless.

OP: i would go for the coupe hands down. i hate verts. a little less performance and they look like crap.
Yo first off I dont what type of really good **** you are smoking but Verts came with the same exact power as coupes second they look amazing top up or down especially with a light bar but imo that is pointless so with a 4 point roll bar they look amazing. Your going to tell me that verts dont look amazing.

Here is the link to Agent 47 amazing 6 point Roll bar so picture this without the 2 bars on the sides of the door.
Also Racecar builders makes an really nice kit as well
Third off its not my fault you either drive it like a little girl or you have never driven down in south florida. Come down here take a drive and floor it more than twice and see if you dont get stopped. Also I have straight pipes you can hear my Cobra from a mile away as well.

Cops down here are every where and are the worst envious ****ing ********.
Old 12-04-2009, 11:24 PM
RedHousePainter
2nd Gear Member

Verts have another plus that coupes can't touch,

Late night cruises on those warm summer nights with the honeys.

Top down----top up....

Catch my drift.

Verts FTW
Old 12-06-2009, 01:46 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I tried to find myself a comp orange vert but had so luck so I went with my second choice, a comp orange coupe

IMO....The black top on the orange body is sick lookin!

I am kind of glad I went with a coupe thou, in chicago the summers are not very long or seem to be very warm anymore.
Old 12-06-2009, 02:19 PM
98redstang
5th Gear Member

i could care less what color i got if i could get one. I would drvie a god damn hot pink one around if thats all i could afford haha. Imagine geting smoked by a pink car? lol
Old 12-06-2009, 09:12 PM
945LSTANG
6th Gear Member

Yo first off I dont what type of really good **** you are smoking but Verts came with the same exact power as coupes second they look amazing top up or down especially with a light bar but imo that is pointless so with a 4 point roll bar they look amazing. Your going to tell me that verts dont look amazing.

Third off its not my fault you either drive it like a little girl or you have never driven down in south florida. Come down here take a drive and floor it more than twice and see if you dont get stopped. Also I have straight pipes you can hear my Cobra from a mile away as well.

Cops down here are every where and are the worst envious ****ing ********.
no $hit they have the same power einstein. its the same damn motor. you think power is all there is to performance? i was refering to the added weight of the chassis reinforcements and the loss of rigidity because of the missing roof.

i just commented that i hate verts (which i do and its an opinion) and they have a little less performance which only a retard will try to argue against.

btw...i dont drive my car like a "little girl." im just not the dumbass that gets caught.

Quick Reply: what are your thoughts on the 2003-04 cobra?