SVT Forums

Engine Problem..Severe Knock/Click (99dohc)

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2009, 05:20 PM
Furthur

Default Engine Problem..Severe Knock/Click (99dohc)

Long story short..I ran out of oil. Yeah..7 quarts disappeared and I didn't notice a leak or light.

So every rotation there is a loud 'CLICK' a few folks have theorized that a valve stuck and the piston head wrecked it or that it is the bearing on the crank since lack of lube would lead to trouble with all of them.

I'm a student and on a pretty tight budget so getting it diagnosed isn't feasible for a month or two. I would love to know if anyone had a similar issue or can help me pinpoint the problem. I saw fluctuations in oil pressure the week before it happened but figured since the car was a bit older it was a sensor thing instead of a 'lack of oil' problem.

Thanks ahead of time for any help
Old 07-12-2009, 05:39 PM
mfj
Banned

Wow, you don't deserve that car...
Congrats! You need a new engine. Get ready to shell out over $5000 in parts and labor!

How CONVENIENT of you to ASSUME that it was a sensor thingy, LMFAO!
Old 07-12-2009, 08:23 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mfj
Wow, you don't deserve that car...
Congrats! You need a new engine. Get ready to shell out over $5000 in parts and labor!

How CONVENIENT of you to ASSUME that it was a sensor thingy, LMFAO!
LMFAO....MFJ got right to the point. It's good to have the old MFJ back lol
Old 07-13-2009, 02:27 AM
mfj
Banned

^Hahahaha!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:07 AM
OzzDOA
3rd Gear Member

Yup, you're screwed. Most likely you tore up the bearings and journals.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Furthur

appreciate the non-satirical comments. 140k miles later..this happens. Thanks for being an *** when all that was needed is advice! figured the mustang trash i try so hard not to be identified with stalks forums as well as red light clutch melting opportunities.

I don't see how this translates to new engine considering parts are parts and most things are fixed in the hands of a competent mechanic. Although a new engine vs. rebuild cost is comparable knowing a tech helps defer my costs. its wonderful how quickly folks are to give someone **** instead of help with their misfortune thanks and no thanks..dick

Last edited by Furthur; 07-13-2009 at 12:11 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:39 PM
GThopeful
4th Gear Member

So you're gonna get all pissy with us because your "fluctuating" oil pressure never flipped the switch in your head to maybe...oh I don't know...check the oil?

Yea...I'd be pissy with us too.

Good luck on your rebuild/replacement.
Old 07-13-2009, 01:40 PM
mfj
Banned

Originally Posted by Furthur
appreciate the non-satirical comments. 140k miles later..this happens. Thanks for being an *** when all that was needed is advice! figured the mustang trash i try so hard not to be identified with stalks forums as well as red light clutch melting opportunities.

I don't see how this translates to new engine considering parts are parts and most things are fixed in the hands of a competent mechanic. Although a new engine vs. rebuild cost is comparable knowing a tech helps defer my costs. its wonderful how quickly folks are to give someone **** instead of help with their misfortune thanks and no thanks..dick
You type worse than my two year old! And by the way:
You're welcome, you clueless ****ing newb...

Originally Posted by GThopeful
So you're gonna get all pissy with us because your "fluctuating" oil pressure never flipped the switch in your head to maybe...oh I don't know...check the oil?

Yea...I'd be pissy with us too.

Good luck on your rebuild/replacement.
Haha!
Old 07-13-2009, 09:49 PM
shellybyars

Default can anyone help me???!!!

i just paid 5000 for new motor for my car it only has 7000 miles on it the cam chain broke and i took it back to shop where it got put in at and they fixed it but ever since i got it back its acting boggy when i go to gas on it and i got a superchips programmer on it also and its still slow as hell.im kinda thinkin the cam is out of time a lil bit but not for sure i need help!!!!
Old 07-13-2009, 10:23 PM
GreenStallion

Im not meaning to be a TOTAL *** BUTTTT Don't come on here expecting sympathy (im a newb to this site and know that, common sense), your oil pressure gauge told you something wasn't right and yet you neglected to look into the warning when it arose. As for "kinda thinking the cam is out of time a lil bit" your engine is out of time. We will be more than happy to fix it if you feel like bringing it to Indiana.

Quick Reply: Engine Problem..Severe Knock/Click (99dohc)