SVT Forums

4v BBK LT owners - need a favor!

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:27 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Default 4v BBK LT owners - need a favor!

I already posted this thread in the mach section but I'm not really getting the feedback I wanted so I figured I'd come in here and increase my sample space lol. I've heard from the GT owners that have BBKs - this is about 4Vs!

I have a lot of plans for this mach - one of which being a complete suspension overhaul (k-member, a-arms, coilovers for the front and watts-link, torque arm setup in the back) and it's going to be slammed to the ground. Naturally I'm going to do performance mods as well and I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on LTs and an o/r midpipe. I'm a little worried about scraping, as I scraped my stock exhaust all the time on my GT that was slammed.

I've heard OK things about the quality of BBKs and AM sells the ceramic coated 4v version for $500 after a discount, which is a deal compared to all the other 4v header options (except MAC). I really want to buy from AM and they don't carry MAC so BBK is looking like my best option in that respect.

My questions are:

Could someone with a Mach 1 or Cobra and BBK LTs take a few quick pics of the underside of their car so I can see where the collectors sit relative to the rest of the bottom of the car? I heard BBK tend to sit low like SLP so I want to have a good idea visually of where they are going to sit. A shot from the front of the car facing back and from one side looking towards the other would be awesome!

Also, I'm gonna go with a MAC o/r prochamber. I assume this will bolt up fine to the BBK LTs or any others?

Finally any other advice/info about BBK LTs or other brands in general that you guys want to share is welcome! I'm not going for Kooks or ARP - just not in my price range.
Old 09-12-2009, 07:01 PM
pcs
4th Gear Member

i know u asked for a someone with those headers on a 4v engine but the 4v headers will sit just like the do on the 2v. i know since when i ordered mine for my gt, summit sent me a 4v set. they looked identical with the exception of the mounting flange. my only complaint is with their flange that sits low. i ended up cutting the lower part of the flange that bolts up to the mid pipe to get some extra clearing from the ground. im running a upr kmember with coil overs up front a bbk progressive rate springs out back so i am slightly lower than stock.
Old 09-13-2009, 03:22 PM
PaintballFreak
4th Gear Member

Ya I figure they fit the same. To give you an idea of the ride height I'm talking about, here are a few pics of the old car. Looking to do something similar with this one, but with coilovers instead of just springs.

Old 09-13-2009, 03:31 PM
5.0 85 GT
3rd Gear Member

welll....it will probably scrape a little...that car i sreallly slammed though...and i have flowtech l/ts on my car and i honestly lost no clearance...but i did a buy a bbk o/r h for the l/ts and they dont fit, they only fit on bbk l/ts...so i have that o/r h for sale if you want it. It is perfectly fine, just i couldnt use it and i was bummed, bbk says that only their mid pipes bolt up to their headers...other wise it has to be done custom...and they couldnt get my h to work so they cut my upr x....
Old 09-15-2009, 09:48 PM
pitmitch910
2nd Gear Member

i have the answer to ur question, its dark at my house now ill try and get u a pic by tmmw