SVT Forums

Any daily driver terminators?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by redneck racer
I drive mine every day, and also to and from the track. If i wanted a gas saver i wouldnt have bought it, i wanted something to keep the blood pumping at any given moment.
Amen, brother.
Old 02-13-2012, 03:37 AM
1stTimeSvtOwner
1st Gear Member

I drive mine everyday I live in Ohio temporarily but we have had a mild winter and if it's bad out well I have a beater 4x4 I can take out. I love the ride and since it was a Texas car if there is any salt on the road she gets a full bath when I come home which sucks in cold weather but it's worth the longevity of the cars life. I had my Termi for a little over 2 months and I have put 3.5k miles on it granted about 1200 of those miles was from Texas to Ohio. There's nothing like driving a car like a cobra and getting compliments where ever you go. Tonight I ran to the gas station and a guy pulled up next to me and said "man that car sounds mean!" I love getting compliments and making every ricer I drive by thinking that their car is about to be eatin'. My theory is if I have it and it runs why not drive it. My future father in law bought a 56 bel air at Barrett jackson 3 years ago and he drove the h3ll out of a car that cost him 300k that made me realize that hey if you have a car no matter what it is it needs to be driven.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 1stTimeSvtOwner
I drive mine everyday I live in Ohio temporarily but we have had a mild winter and if it's bad out well I have a beater 4x4 I can take out. I love the ride and since it was a Texas car if there is any salt on the road she gets a full bath when I come home which sucks in cold weather but it's worth the longevity of the cars life. I had my Termi for a little over 2 months and I have put 3.5k miles on it granted about 1200 of those miles was from Texas to Ohio. There's nothing like driving a car like a cobra and getting compliments where ever you go. Tonight I ran to the gas station and a guy pulled up next to me and said "man that car sounds mean!" I love getting compliments and making every ricer I drive by thinking that their car is about to be eatin'. My theory is if I have it and it runs why not drive it. My future father in law bought a 56 bel air at Barrett jackson 3 years ago and he drove the h3ll out of a car that cost him 300k that made me realize that hey if you have a car no matter what it is it needs to be driven.
I agree, I mean there should obviously be a little discretion with some weather but I feel that a nice car should be driven as much as possible
Old 02-13-2012, 10:49 AM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

^^
Exactly. Cars are absolutely meant to be driven! They aren't investments. I have never understood the mentality of 'not driving them so they retain their value', with respect to those of you that do so... If I wanted an investment, I'd buy stocks or a brick of gold to toss in the corner.

I bet the drive from Texas to Ohio was fun, especially since the car was new to you at the time. I've driven mine all over the Southeast, from Atlanta to Florida, North Carolina, Tennessee, Alabama, Mississippi, and Louisianna. One of these days I hope to go on a serious road trip and drive cross country...
Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 PM
69MustangCoupe393cid
4th Gear Member

The only mentality people have not driving them a lot, is they don't want something to happen or don't want to put the miles on it, because they know they will never afford one again. But if it were me I'd drive the **** outta it, you only live once and after the car is trashed someone will restore it, so what's the big deal?
Old 02-13-2012, 07:22 PM
1stTimeSvtOwner
1st Gear Member

Schmalgar- it was a blast to drive it from Texas to Ohio. The only complaint was the exhaust drone for 15hrs but it was well worth it! Never had a car with that much power before an now it seems like its not enough.
Old 02-13-2012, 10:41 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I see your in IL, close to chicago? I couldn't imagine driving a high hp/tq in the snow. I daily drove all my other stangs, but I won't take the cobra out in the snow or if their is salt on the ground. Salt is a killer! Get's imbedded in the undercarriage and suspension, Yuck! lol
Old 02-13-2012, 11:11 PM
1stTimeSvtOwner
1st Gear Member

If there's salt on the road she goes on the lift we have and gets power washed from the bottom I know salts a killer and I hate it but believe it or not my Termi isn't bad on the snow unless I decide to put my foot in it which I do at times just to have a little fun.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:39 PM
Ares05
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mustang3GT07
I see your in IL, close to chicago? I couldn't imagine driving a high hp/tq in the snow. I daily drove all my other stangs, but I won't take the cobra out in the snow or if their is salt on the ground. Salt is a killer! Get's imbedded in the undercarriage and suspension, Yuck! lol
I live in Bloomington Illinois about 2 hours south roughly. It is kinda yucky out right now and I have to keep washing my stang to keep that nasty salt off! As for driving here with snow, its not too bad because everything is close and it isn't overly populated or crazy traffic.

I have a neighbor who has a termi and I dont think it gets driven at all not even in summer really :/
Old 02-14-2012, 02:04 PM
crash
BrandofPoop

Originally Posted by Ares05
I live in Bloomington Illinois about 2 hours south roughly. It is kinda yucky out right now and I have to keep washing my stang to keep that nasty salt off! As for driving here with snow, its not too bad because everything is close and it isn't overly populated or crazy traffic.

I have a neighbor who has a termi and I dont think it gets driven at all not even in summer really :/
Thats irritating. If I had one here in California I'd daily drive that b!tch.

Quick Reply: Any daily driver terminators?