SVT Forums

New 99 Cobra owner with questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2012, 10:02 PM
Marcocorreia

Default New 99 Cobra owner with questions

I just picked up a Rio red Cobra with 73k miles. It has a Flowmaster cat-back. The car is in excellent shape and will be my new weekend toy. I have plans for suspension upgrades, intake, maybe a tune upgrade, rear wheel spacers, and possibly a catted H-pipe. The car moves and drives very strong but It was purchased at a used car dealer here in CT where the car was originally purchased and I have no history as far as what was done. I will be doing basic stuff such as plugs, fuel filter, tranny fluid, oil, and maybe a new drive belt. The car has a rear clung when I engage it into gear like play or something but only when I put it in gear and get on gas if I feather the clutch and engage slowly you cant really tell, what is it? rear end? someone on another forum said there was a TSB years ago about re-torquing rear suspension to stop clunk. Tranny engages fine so I know its coming from the rear of the car. only under load. Also speedo is way off like 20mph off! the car also seems like it realy goes on the highway in 4th gear not like another Cobra I drove. Do I have aftermarket gears? RPM's on highway in 5th gear doing 70mph are over 2500rpm's that seems high. How can I tell if I have 3:73 or something? Any help would be great since I am new to the mustang world.
Old 05-12-2012, 10:10 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

Welcome to MF. Congrats on the purchase.