SVT Forums

The world of bad luck, anyone know a good radiator?

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2012, 07:22 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Unhappy The world of bad luck, anyone know a good radiator?

Does any one know a good radiator replacement? The only brands i found is mishimoto (mispelled prob) and fluidyne. and of course OEM. Does anyone have a good performance aluminum radiator or should i just get the oem? i ask becuase i now have a hole in the back of my oem radiator. To get caught up in the story look at my other post with emergency help. thankyou
Old 05-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

I've heard nothing but good things about the Misimoto ... I'd most likely go with a OEM radiator though...

Old 05-13-2012, 09:33 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

haha mminor set backs? ha ha right. Well i was reading on mishimoto and stuff. Its wider, and has more tubes in it. Also cheaper than fluidyne. Why would you go back with oem?
Old 05-13-2012, 09:48 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Ok so far for just skimming the web. i found:
Mishimoto for $229.99 from both lethal and americanmuscle.
Fluidyne for $399.99 from lethal
and OEM from ford is $582.66. I can prob get a 25% off cause of the shop i work at.
Then there is always aftermarket which ill never get. They are horrible. I keep reading good reviews on the mishimoto from AM that its good and great etc. and also bigger than the oem. There are the random bad ones that they got a bad part that leaks etc. So i dunno mishimoto might be a winner. But more research must be done.
Old 05-14-2012, 08:33 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Ordered the mishimoto today and will have it tomorrow by 5 or so. Still been hearing locally and online that mishimoto is very good brand and cools alot better. Well if that is true or not i will let you know.
Old 05-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

^^^ Good deal, best of luck!!! ....Make sure to re-fill the system through the Cross-Over Tube!!!!
Old 05-15-2012, 10:39 AM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Ha ha thanks I hope all goes well for good. I should be getting it today still.
Old 05-15-2012, 05:21 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Take a few pics.....
Old 05-15-2012, 05:56 PM
757Mustang
2nd Gear Member

Well i installed it and all. I would say overall 4 out of 5 stars. Ill give the pros and cons.

Pros:
1. Looks amazing, shiny aluminum, with pretty welds, and a good build.
2. Deffenently wider and longer for better cooling from what they say.
3. I havent noticed a difference in the temp gauge it stays 1mm to the left of the middle which i say is good because thats normal temp and it could be worse.
4. Looks great under the hood.
5. Easy to install as far as radiators go.

Cons-
1. Doesnt fit well, since its bigger than oem it doesnt line up with the holes in the bottom.
2. The fan was really hard to fit in there and bolt down, had to shimmy it down.
3. The inlet and outlet with a tad bit bigger than the hoses but still went on fairly easy.
4. The radiator brackets do not fit anywhere close, so i had to not put them on. I dont kow if there is mishimoto brand that i can get which ill check into. But the radiator and fan are so tight behind the radiator support and accesories that it does not move at all. Very snug but i think thats good.
5. Worst of all and i was kinda mad about it, the intercooler tank wont fit back to the radiator support. Doesnt come close at all so i had to pivot it to the side and do some fabricating to make things work but after words you cant tell the difference.
6. The coolant tank is very snug to the radiator as the intercooler is and they lay right onto the radiator. Being that its all aluminum i am afraid it might get really hot and melt the plastic but i doubt it will.

There is more cons than pros but i think i like the radiator and it is a good product. Once you get past the tightness and misfits and work around it you will like it. Not we will see how it does on the dyno and on the track.

Future info if you order from american muscle it says its for a 99-01 cobra, but if you look at another website like lethal the same exact radiator with the same deminsions will be on there as 99-04 cobra. I guess american muscle didnt want to put up there 99-04 because of the intercooler fitment.

Ill post pics up in a second i have to take some first
Old 05-15-2012, 06:47 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

.....as long as it keeps the car COOL!!!! Pics please

Quick Reply: The world of bad luck, anyone know a good radiator?