SVT Forums

99'COBRA SVT WONT START ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2012, 10:44 PM
COBRA STEVE

Question 99'COBRA SVT WONT START ???

TODAY I STARTED MY CAR WENT TO THE GAS STATION CAME BACK HOME , EVERYTHING NORMAL LIKE ALWAYS THEN JUMPED IN IT AGAIN TO TAKE A RIDE AND BEGAN TO START MY CAR WHEN NOTHING , JUST TURNED OVER AND NOTHING. WOULDN'T START , NO INDICATOR LIGHTS COMING ON EXCEPT THE THEFT LIGHT KEEPS FLASHING BUT THIS IS FACTORY NOT SURE IF THAT'S WHAT IS CAUSING IT NOT TO START ?????

WEIRD THE CAR HAS BEEN RUNNING GREAT ????JUST ALL OF A SUDDEN ???

ANT IDEAS ANTONE ?????
Old 06-02-2012, 12:53 AM
Boris91
2nd Gear Member

Battery could have died? Happened to me about a month ago. Drove the car around one night and came home and parked it and the next morning I get in and it doesn't start. Theft light was flashing and the gauges were all spinning. Radio and power everything still worked but just wouldn't crank at all or anything. Took the battery out and took it to a parts store and they tested it and it was totally dead. Got a new battery and all was good.

The strange thing was that it all worked completely fine the night before and never had trouble firing up ever before that.
Old 06-02-2012, 11:26 AM
COBRA STEVE

well its not the battery the car turns over nicely , someone said that its the pats system ???? and that I would have to take it to the dealer for reprogrammimg !!that sucks , I dont understand why something would just go bad , it doesnt make sense ???

I also thought it was my clutch sensor but I tested that and it test ok

Any thoughts anyone ?????
Old 06-02-2012, 12:03 PM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Fuel pump??
Old 06-02-2012, 04:02 PM
COBRA STEVE

yea it finally started just out of the blue , started a few more times then it happened again , but kept turning over and it started , I think your right TIMSPONY , thanks for that tip , now where is it located and how do I confirm this ????
Old 06-02-2012, 08:07 PM
DRAGUL
5th Gear Member

My guess is the fuel pump to. They work one minute and stop the next without any warning. When it does not start turn the key to on but do not start, then listen for the pump turning on.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:06 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Fuel pump is in the tank....going to have to drop the tank, not sure if you can test them...other then with a fuel pressure gauge!
Old 06-06-2012, 12:19 PM
uberstang1
Chupacabra

Have someone beat the gas tank while u try and start it, if it starts its the pump.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:31 PM
COBRA STEVE

Default svt wont start

ok , so far I have come to this conclusion , when the car theft light starts flashing really fast , for sure the car will not start , if I go to the trunk and reset the switch , it starts every time ???? what the heck is wrong , fuel module , fuel pump , fuel switch . pats ?????

Any one ????
Old 06-06-2012, 09:55 PM
COBRA STEVE

Default svt wont start

ok , now I figured something else out ?? if I leave my steering wheel in up position it starts if I shut it down and try to restart with the steering wheel in down position it does not start , im serious , im not going crazy !!lol

I did this several times and the same reaction ????

Quick Reply: 99'COBRA SVT WONT START ???