SVT Forums

American Muscle, Cervinis, Tru fiber or Ait hood?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 11:46 AM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Default American Muscle, Cervinis, Tru fiber or Ait hood?

Looking for opinions on these hoods. I really want an oem 03/04 hood but I can't really find one. I'm looking at the cervinis heat extractor hood from AM, but man that's alot of money! I have seen a few imitation hoods from tru fiber and a place called ait, but I don't know anything about them. Anybody with any of these hoods?
Prefer to hear from people with either the heat extractor or even the cowl hoods from any of these companies.
Old 12-19-2012, 05:29 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Tru-Fiber all the way. This is the best hood I have seen. Completed top and bottom with no rough surfaces.

Name:  DSC02051.jpg
Views: 564
Size:  29.9 KB

Name:  DSC02048.jpg
Views: 517
Size:  16.9 KB

Name:  DSC02064.jpg
Views: 534
Size:  85.5 KB

Name:  6909597242_f4ef5671ed_c-1.jpg
Views: 577
Size:  74.1 KB
Old 12-19-2012, 05:54 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by scooter3
Tru-Fiber all the way. This is the best hood I have seen. Completed top and bottom with no rough surfaces.

That does look good! I think I might go with the cervini's hood, I just gotta get over dropping 600 + on it!
Old 12-19-2012, 06:11 PM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Before you drop that kind of money check out Stage 3 Motorsports. They have a lot of hoods and free shipping. If you call talk to Lou.
Old 12-19-2012, 07:03 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Looking now..I saw that tru fiber makes the same hood and it's a lot cheaper. Now I'm just trying to make sure it fits the 01 cobras so I won't have that big gap if it's just for the 03-04's. Thanks!
Old 12-19-2012, 07:27 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Well, I ordered the Tru Fiber heat extractor hood. I wasn't able to find any info on whether or not they make them specifically for the 01 or not, but the web site says they are made for each year so hopefully it will work. If not I have holes from the tag holder in my bumper anyway so as much as I would love to keep this one I guess I could always order an 03 bumper. Thanks guys!
Old 12-20-2012, 01:06 AM
scooter3
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by notorious p.i.g
Well, I ordered the Tru Fiber heat extractor hood. I wasn't able to find any info on whether or not they make them specifically for the 01 or not, but the web site says they are made for each year so hopefully it will work. If not I have holes from the tag holder in my bumper anyway so as much as I would love to keep this one I guess I could always order an 03 bumper. Thanks guys!
If you ordered it from Stage 3 then call and talk to Lou. He should be able to answer that question. He is a great guy and I don't think you will be dissapointed with the hood.
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Looking for opinions on these hoods. I really want an oem 03/04 hood but I can't really find one. I'm looking at the cervinis heat extractor hood from AM, but man that's alot of money! I have seen a few imitation hoods from tru fiber and a place called ait, but I don't know anything about them. Anybody with any of these hoods?
Prefer to hear from people with either the heat extractor or even the cowl hoods from any of these companies.
I'm a huge fan of the Tru Fiber hood. They're definitely becoming the authority in the aftermarket hood world! I'm confident you'll be extremely happy with this set up on your 01' Cobra. This set up should fit your car no problem at all, We've never had any issues with fitment at all!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
Old 12-20-2012, 11:55 PM
notorious p.i.g
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by AMDanBailer
I'm a huge fan of the Tru Fiber hood. They're definitely becoming the authority in the aftermarket hood world! I'm confident you'll be extremely happy with this set up on your 01' Cobra. This set up should fit your car no problem at all, We've never had any issues with fitment at all!

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance!

-Dan
And this is exactly why I really had a hard time deciding to buy from another company. I didn't even get the hood from ya'll and you're still willing to offer opinions or assistance. I haven't spent as much as a lot of people, but it's guaranteed yours is the first site I pull up when I'm ready to buy! I only hope since I had to get it from another company that my experience is as good as it has been with you guys. I ordered directly from Tru Fiber so hopefully it's all good.

Nothing but good things to say about AM, thanks Dan!