SVT Forums

Bama Tunes

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 10:01 AM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

Default Bama Tunes

Has anyone used the Free "Bama" tunes that comes from AM? I think I really need to get my car tuned and I'm looking at purchasing the SCT Livewire tuner but was wondering if the Bama tunes are worth anything or if I should go with a more reputable tuner.
Old 03-04-2011, 10:22 AM
MarkMan
4th Gear Member

I went with the Bama/AM and SCT tuner. I think the 2 of the most popular are Brenspeed & Bama and I don't know who would be more reputable than those. AM's Chris Rose hangs out here regularly and could probably answer any questions you have. My Bama tunes really woke the GT500 up and I would highly recommend it! I am planning upgrades that will require new tunes so the free for life tunes make a lot of sense. Use the search button and look up some posts and research it a little, but a tune will make a lot of difference!
Old 03-04-2011, 12:29 PM
Mustang3GT07
6th Gear Member

I only seen people with s197s use their tune. I would just find a tuner in your area and buy a sct + dyno tune from them.
Old 03-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Schmalgar
3rd Gear Member

I used them on an 04 GT that I used to have. I didn't dyno it so I can't say what difference it really made, but I didn't experience any troubles with it, and the old butt dyno thought there was an improvement...
Old 03-04-2011, 02:35 PM
1SVTLVR
2nd Gear Member

Well I'm not really sure of too many dyno-tuners in my area. I will keep a look out until I purchase the tuner itself.

Also, Does anyone know at what point, power wise, I should think about upgrading my fuel injectors?
Old 03-06-2011, 09:31 AM
Repzard
4th Gear Member

I used their tunes on my GT.Did seem to wake it up alittle.
one thing I noticed is it want to break the tires loose easier.so I guess there is some gains.

Not to jack this thread but I figure while on this subject.
Anyone know if my SCTx3 will work also on my 97 Cobra?
If so im going to order up some tunes for Cobra from Bama.

Im thinking it will work as long as I send stock tunes back to GT and visa versa.
Old 03-06-2011, 11:33 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

yes it will you just have to put your other car back to stalk cause its married to whatever car it put a tune on....

the best tune you can get is a dyno tune hands down...bama and all mail orders only do the basic they dont really TUNE the car they just allow it to make more power cause your running better fuel and have a few mods

a dyno tune will tune your entire power ban from an problems and will add fuel take away fuel add timing or take it away with how your car is running
Old 03-06-2011, 11:36 AM
99 GT vert
5th Gear Member

alright the "bama" tunes is not a real bama tune it is american muscle employees that write can tunes and sell it under the bama tune name
Old 03-07-2011, 10:51 PM
AMChrisRose
3rd Gear Member

^ What?

We are Bama tunes. AmericanMuscle owns Bama Custom Tuning. We went through a big merger last year. I'm not sure what you're talking about?

Anyway...

We're glad people have been happy with the products so far. We've done alot of testing in-house on the dyno to make sure that our SN95 files are top of the line. It's tough because the S197 crowd has this huge night/day difference when they install a tune due to drive-by-wire, variable cam, and just the general conservative nature of the stock tune. The 99-04 guys really get a great product and a ton of power, but many times you'll find that they don't "feel" the gain as much as an S197.

We can tell you right now that if you dyno your car before/after a custom Bama tune, you're going to be surprised at the results. Not only will we get your air/fuel ratio optimized and timing optimized for your octane level, we'll make sure that we squeeze as much power safely out of your combination as possible.

Many people jump right to the "dyno tune" option. The way that we dial in our calibrations is that we make sure that the numbers we COMMAND for timing and air/fuel ratio are the numbers the car sees. This means that when we send a file out, if we're telling it to reach 28 degrees of timing at full throttle at redline, that's what it's doing. That's alot of what a dyno tuner does. They make sure that they command and achieve the same parameters. We have sent files that have been just as good as a dyno tune and sometimes better than a dyno tune in the past. Give us a call if you have any questions.

The Bama tuning team is here in the building Monday-Friday from 9AM-5:30PM EST at 888.226.9764!
Old 03-08-2011, 05:36 AM
Blackvenom01
4th Gear Member

ya thats just a basic tune all your doing is telling the car to do something and its the same parameters for each car...crappy dyno tuners all they do add alittle timing and adjust a/f good dyno guys go and adjust at each RPM adjust the car at each rpm with how the car acts so thats a true dyno tune is everything

granted your tune will make a diff of course and there may not be any change at all or very little if you got to some shotty dyno but when you go to a good one and he completely tunes it then thats when youll see the diff....and you know as much as i do that every car is diff...some cars may have an almost perfect powerband and wont get much gain from a dyno and some will look like a 3 yr old drawing a straight line

all im sayin here is a dyno tune is the ultimate tune...if your on a budget mail in is good unless you have a FI car and i would say scrap a mail in

Quick Reply: Bama Tunes