SVT Forums

P0148, VERY DESPERATE. Please help.

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2015, 09:10 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Default P0148, VERY DESPERATE. Please help.

Gentlemen,
I have an 03 Cobra. Ill try to make this short but accurate. A couple weeks ago the car started to give me longer cranks in the morning. I chalked it up to a faulty check valve in the fuel pump. common issue, just turn the key a few times, etc. But I noticed it only did it sometimes. Then it got worse and more often. Used to hard start in the morning and then be fine the rest of the day. Then it started cranking very long in the middle of the day sometimes....then one morning it cranked forever and never started. The next day after lots of cranking it did start. drives fine when started, but sure enough next day no start.
Here is whats been checked and done so far:
New PCM
new CCRM
fuel pressure good
checked voltage across all relays, wires related,and fuses, etc
new fuel filter
new alternator
new Crank shaft position sensor

Only code is P0148.

injectors are not firing when its not starting.
but sometimes it eventually starts, and of course the injectors are firing and the runs good.

This is my DD, Ive spent thousands...Im out of money and I have problems with work because its my DD....Im at my wits end....please help..

Car ran fine for months after following mods:

KNN FIPK intake
o/r x-pipe
American Thunder Flow Master cat back
2.8 Steeda pulley with 100mm Steeda idler
Diablosport tune, Dyno tweeked at Steeda-(good a/f ratios)
H&R springs/Steeda CC plates
18x9/10 Black GT500 wheels(irrelevant)
other minor cosmetic and irrelevant mods....
Old 08-08-2015, 09:13 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Oh and the FPDM in the trunk was replaced as well. And of course the red "accident" fuel cut off switch in the trunk is fine and not relevant. As the car would never start if it was an issue..

Thanks..
Old 08-10-2015, 12:49 AM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Camshaft position sensor is where I would be looking. It's what triggers the injector pulse.
Old 08-10-2015, 02:15 AM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

You need to make sure the battery is good before proceeding. I know it may sound fine, especially with all the cranking power it seems to be delivering...

Last year, I had identical symptoms on my car, and I thought my battery was good. But I became suspicious when jump-starting the car would fire it up right away. I took the battery to the parts store, and sure enough it failed a load test. I was still skeptical, but with the new battery installed, it started under its own power, and has continued to do so every time since.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:56 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

Thanks guys. However I tested bother the crank sensors and cam sensors. And it's the crank senor that controls injector pulse. Good points though on the batter. I had a new alternator and the bateery checked at the same time. They are both perfect now. No codes except for "fuel delivery error". A buddy of mine may have pinned it as weak fuel pumps/check valve. I'm on it......stay tuned.
Old 08-10-2015, 11:37 AM
Soldier GT
6th Gear Member

Hey man good luck. Hope you get this taken care of!
Old 08-10-2015, 12:47 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by mstahoo
Thanks guys. However I tested bother the crank sensors and cam sensors. And it's the crank senor that controls injector pulse. Good points though on the batter. I had a new alternator and the bateery checked at the same time. They are both perfect now. No codes except for "fuel delivery error". A buddy of mine may have pinned it as weak fuel pumps/check valve. I'm on it......stay tuned.

Can't find a definitive answer, but on every other car that I have worked on, the cam sensor is what triggers the injectors. Check the TPS for WOT voltage.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:17 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

New fuel pumps new frps. Still a no go. Now this morning won't start at all. Yesterday it finally started in the morning and then ran good all day as usual but today she seems to be not starting no matter what I do....bad ecu? The one I got from Ford was a reman...
Old 08-15-2015, 09:05 PM
JC316
4th Gear Member

Did you check the TPS voltage? Wide open will shut off the injectors.
Old 08-16-2015, 09:12 AM
mstahoo
1st Gear Member

I unplugged it to see if the car would start and no change. Plus the runs perfectly all day when it starts. ..Soni think the TPS is fine....it's going to Ford in the morning. .

Quick Reply: P0148, VERY DESPERATE. Please help.