SVT Forums

First Ford, converted from Chevy

Old 03-27-2017, 11:17 AM
aroundthefur922

Default First Ford, converted from Chevy

Hello all, I just purchased a 2001 Cobra that I found on a dealership lot for $10k with 68k miles on it. I haven't owned a performance car in nearly 10 years and when I did own them, they were always Camaro's/TA's. I will admit that even as a GM fanatic back in the day, I was always jealous of the sound new edge Mustangs produced and love it just as much now that I'm driving one. This will probably be an odd statement/question but I have no interest in modifying this car or using it for drag racing and was wondering what the best ideas would be for maintenance and upkeep on this particular model? It seems pretty clean with no leaking oil and the Carfax was clean as well. The only things that have been done to it that I can see are an aftermarket exhaust, K&N CAI, and a JLT oil separator. It's already plenty fast enough for me and I just want to enjoy the car and make it last as long as possible. Any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-27-2017, 01:09 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

Sounds like really all you can/should do then is fluids. Trans, rearend, coolant, maybe power steering if you're bored. May as well check the condition of the brake fluid and replace if necessary but figure you'll have the opportunity for that next time the car needs pads.
Old 03-27-2017, 02:57 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

brake fluid...definitely brake fluid in that humid enviroment. I wouldn't wait until you need pads if more than a few weeks off.

You want good stopping power with a beast like that and old worn our fluid will lend itself to brake fade even with light driving.

Search this Thread