Tennessee Regional Chapter Chapter President: All4One

Hey East TN. Where do you get repairs done?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:39 AM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Default Hey East TN. Where do you get repairs done?

I started taking my car to M&W auto repair out in Oak Ridge years ago. My initial reasoning was because the guy that owns it goes to church with me, but I've continued to return for lots of better reasons. All the diagnostic work he does is done free of charge, price quotes have always been right, and generally the same brand parts he orders are less expensive than I can get them for myself. They prefer that you call and get an appointment before you drop off your car, which is nice because they never swamp themselves with too many cars, but it takes a couple extra minutes to plan. the biggest downside for me is its a 45 minute drive from my house which is rather far to take drive a broken car and someone has to come pick me up if I leave it there.

I enjoy doing some of the smaller repairs myself, but my clutch has started slipping and I don't have know-hows to replace it so I'll be taking it in this weekend hopefully.

What about you? Where do you take yours for repair? and why?

Last edited by All4One; 08-24-2012 at 10:43 AM.
Old 08-25-2012, 07:41 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

I take mine to my garage, been working on cars and trucks for 35 years and do pretty much everything but paint work.
I have been taking it into Ray Varner for my oil changes, I buy the oil and filter they charge me 7 bucks to change it.
Old 08-29-2012, 11:02 AM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

I'd like to eventually get to that point. Next on my list are air tools so I can change my suspension myself.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:37 PM
Paint slinger

Yea I live in dayton tn and am having a very hard time finding a Good mustang tech. If anyone can point me in a direction that would be appreciated.
Old 04-04-2013, 02:35 PM
Tonyjsir

go to ford garage lol
Old 04-10-2013, 08:41 PM
Bob Boyer

Hey Paint,

If you get down towards Chattanooga, there's a guy at Brothers Automotive on Access Road (Ryan) who knows what he's doing. Has kept everything I've owned going for years now - from Infiniti Q45s to Chevy Tahoes. We're getting ready to dig into my 2007's suspension later this month.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Bob Boyer
Hey Paint,

If you get down towards Chattanooga, there's a guy at Brothers Automotive on Access Road (Ryan) who knows what he's doing. Has kept everything I've owned going for years now - from Infiniti Q45s to Chevy Tahoes. We're getting ready to dig into my 2007's suspension later this month.
Suspension is one of the few I haven't managed to swap on mine yet. I can't get that nut loose from the tower on either side.
Old 04-11-2013, 10:10 AM
Bob Boyer

I'm still working on the nut behind the wheel...
Old 04-13-2013, 03:05 PM
All4One
3rd Gear Member

now that you mention it, that may be the tightest one. Did you try PB Blaster?
Old 04-17-2013, 07:59 AM
Hikari_NOS
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Paint slinger
Yea I live in dayton tn and am having a very hard time finding a Good mustang tech. If anyone can point me in a direction that would be appreciated.
Hey I'm not sure if you've been taking yours to the dealership in Dayton, but I'd suggest you not take it to either the dealership or the used car lot of ford's in Dayton at all. I have lived in Dayton for most of my life and never once had a good thing come from them when it came to automotive repairs. My whole family will tell you the same. I spent over $1500 at the Dayton dealer for a starting issue and the car was there for almost over a month, before I finally got them to actually work on it since I had to tell them I needed it back running so I could get to work. Even after they actually got it running, the car would die and not want to start like before. Come to find out, they didn't clean the bad corroded connectors in front of the pcm, which the pcm was one of the parts they replaced and there was no way they could not have known the connectors were corroded since you literally have to take them apart to get the pcm out.

Anyways, one place I've found so far that seems to be pretty good to me is Hixson Transmission on Hixson Pike near Ryan's and Northgate Mall. They do all kinds of different work, not just transmissions like their name would suggest. lol They actually found out my dpfe sensor was gone out again, where as the Dayton Ford dealers said it was fine, and now the code for my egr system is gone away again. n_n; So I think I'll be taking mine to Hixson Transmission from now on. Even if that means that my car needs to be towed.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey East TN. Where do you get repairs done?