Tennessee Regional Chapter Chapter President: All4One

Road trip to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area

Old 09-28-2015, 07:54 AM
folivier

Default Road trip to Sevierville/Pigeon Forge area

My wife and I are planning a 1 week road trip next month to see the leaves change. We plan to meet up with friends in Sevierville on a Monday and spend the week driving through the mountains. I did the tail of the dragon in a miata about 12 years ago.
Any suggestions on day trips from there? Really like the tight curves and scenery and want to see the colors. Any local info on when to come in October would be great. Haven't booked a place to stay yet.
Zooming in on google maps there are quite a few curvy roads in the area but can't tell the condition from the map.
Thanks!
Old 09-29-2015, 07:10 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by folivier
My wife and I are planning a 1 week road trip next month to see the leaves change. We plan to meet up with friends in Sevierville on a Monday and spend the week driving through the mountains. I did the tail of the dragon in a miata about 12 years ago.
Any suggestions on day trips from there? Really like the tight curves and scenery and want to see the colors. Any local info on when to come in October would be great. Haven't booked a place to stay yet.
Zooming in on google maps there are quite a few curvy roads in the area but can't tell the condition from the map.
Thanks!
Cheroha Skyway and the Dragon are where I go. Probably be up there this weekend, but if the weather is nice might be able to meet up if it isn't while I am in Florida.
Old 09-29-2015, 07:12 AM
folivier

Great! How about a report on the leaf colors?
Thanks.
Old 09-29-2015, 11:44 AM
Siber Express
3rd Gear Member

They are changing on some of the early changers like Poplars. Normally the second to third week of October depending on elevation.
Old 10-02-2015, 05:32 AM
DK Pony
4th Gear Member

Cross the mountain from Gatlinburg into Cherokee and stop at Clingmans dome at the top.

Of course there is Cades Cove. Not much of a "spirited" drive but a nice place to check out.