Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Is GT base good enough or GT premium?
GT base mayne, savin' $ like a Boss 302!
22.22%
GT Premium or GTFO, I gotta have it Permed up nome sayin'?
77.78%
Voters: 18. You may not vote on this poll

How important is premium edition?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2013, 06:31 AM
RazorGT
2nd Gear Member

The base might be a good option for people who want to customize their interior, ie:

heres a comparison of premium and base interior:

The only differences that really stick out for me are the leather seats and some silver trimming...but it still looks decent enough for me.

I saw this mustang for sale (2012 GT) and the interior made me want to puke.

But then again premiums a good deal considering you get leather seats, a nice steering wheel, sound system, and a bunch of stuff which would be more expensive to get without the package....i hate these steering wheels!

Old 12-19-2013, 08:53 AM
Csrt4to5.0gt
2nd Gear Member

In the current model, as long as you get the tech package with sync you get the better steering wheel. My "INCOMPLETE" 2013 5.0 has the nicer steering wheel. My "INCOMPLETE" 5.0 still has the same horsepower as a "COMPLETE" premium model...probably just as fast, too. My '07 GT was a premium I bought brand new. It had everything available that year, even the heated seats. I realized I don't need that crap because all I care about is the engine and transmission so I bought a base '13. 5.0 and couldn't be happier. If you want a premium '15 GT but don't want to pay out the *** for one then wait for a used one but if you don't care about luxuries then ****** a new base one up. I'm pretty sure they will be just as nice as a premium.
Old 12-20-2013, 01:32 AM
83gtragtop
5th Gear Member

Premium is a huge waste of money, add to that the car will depreciate that much faster. Loading up any car is usually a bad idea. Five years later if you go to sell it, all anyone cares about is vehicle condition and mileage. My 300hp sixxer was $23,500 out the door brand new. I can live without Nav, "premium" sound system, low grade leather seats, fake metal dash and other over priced profit builders that Ford slaps on premiums. The thing I hated about my base car was the wheels. I bought a set of brand Saleen Heritage wheels for $450. Problem solved.

Last edited by 83gtragtop; 12-20-2013 at 01:43 AM.
Old 01-12-2014, 03:52 PM
tbear853
2nd Gear Member

How important a "Premium Edition" is depends on the buyer and what they want of the vehicle and how dependent they are on having "stuff". In my way, when we looked for a truck I intended a cheaper truck, ended up with loaded FX4 Flareside Scab ..... however when looking at Mustangs last summer, again we looked at miles, color, how it struck US, and condition and we ended up with a clean low miles pa,pered '08 Deluxe and we love it. My wife loves the heated seats in the truck, but they are leather and so she uses her heater when we take it out if cool. She doesn't miss heated seats in the Mustang because they are cloth .... and we hardly ever drive the Mustang when it's that cold. I've seen enough threads about batteries with shaker systems that I am pleased we have the base CD/Radio as we rely on XM SkyFi and rarely have volume up far enough to interfere with normal conversation.

To illustrate .... the most fun car I ever had, not the fanciest, just the most fun and the one that if I could get a witch to blink twice and put in my garage just like the day I first saw it .... was a 1969 Dodge Dart Swinger 340 with 4 speed trans, 3.91 rear, E70-14 Firestone Wide Ovals, HD suspension, steel wheels with wheel covers, AM radio, heater with 3 speed fan, manual brakes, manual steering, roll up windows and manual door locks, NO AC, and a bench seat .... with vinyl. The previous owner had installed a Edelbrock LD340 intake and Holley 780 vac sec carb on the nearly brand new '71 340 crate motor that was put in under warranty after he blowed the 69 motor up (the car had 20 some K miles showing, the motor was fresh .... and the reason he had traded it was his right shoulder was messed up after he had fell asleep and run through a rail fence on Holcomb Rock Road and a fence rail came through the windshield and hit him hard enough to break the seat back .... but it had a new seat, windshield, and front fender and paint .... he was the parts man at the Chrysler - Plymouth dealership and older brother of a classmate of mine in HS.) Best I recall it running was 13.01 at 103 and change, on tires recapped as slicks with two grooves after I added headers and purple stripe cam kit.

Plain, likely the plainest car devoid of options that I ever owned, many would rather have any of a half dozen others .... but that "plain jane" Dart Swinger was the one that if I could have again, I would.

Name:  69DartSwingerwhennewtome.jpg
Views: 104
Size:  80.2 KB

Last edited by tbear853; 01-13-2014 at 07:50 AM.