Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Who is planning to order a 2015 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:23 AM
MuddyLX

Default Who is planning to order a 2015 Mustang GT

My first Mustang was a blue 1970 Mach 1 Bought in 1977. I sold it and bought a new 1983 GT being so excited they put a 4bb carb on a 302 again. I drove the wheels off of it and bought another new one. A 1990 5.0 LX Notchback. I drove it stock for a decade, then put a blower on it. Blew a head gasket and rebuilt it with aluminum heads. That was 2000 and I have only put 25k miles on it since then. It runs well but never as smooth as it was when in stock form.

In 2011 when GT's finally broke the low 3xx hp barrier into 400+ territory I began thinking it was time to get a new one. I held off when rumors of a new Mustang appearing on the 50th anniversary.

I plan to order one this summer. I doubt I will ever mod it. This one needs to last me another 25 years.

Who is planning to buy one this year?
Old 02-05-2014, 11:09 PM
Hamidar05
2nd Gear Member

Why did you sell your 70 Mach 1....? for an 83 Fox?

I don't like it right now, I'll have to see the reviews and what the aftermarket does. I have a feeling the aftermarket is going to as much or more expensive then parts for the Gen 5 Camaro, one of the reasons I got rid of it...

Probably not what you wanted to hear, but good luck to you if you get one. It's about you, not me
Old 02-06-2014, 11:12 AM
MuddyLX

It was 1982 and they just announced a 4bbl 5.0. A good original Mustang could be had for under 5K. I paid right at 11k for my new car.

If it was today, no way I would let the '70 go, but this was 30 years ago.
Old 02-06-2014, 01:24 PM
kawasakiguy
2nd Gear Member

If the base GT is 35K no way I'd buy one. I'm more interested in how much the eco 4cyl is going to run, and if it's going to be able to be amped up quite a bit. 500 HP RWD mustang that is lighter than my current GT YES PLEASE!
Old 02-06-2014, 02:11 PM
SirDrums
2nd Gear Member

I am back and forth on the looks. I think the sweet spot for me is a 2012 Kona blue GT Premuim.

though By the time i get to get one again, I am afraid they may have to many miles on them....
Old 02-10-2014, 08:10 PM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

I am going back and forth on this one. I decided to trade in my 2012 mustang V6 and was considering a truck, and then backed off that idea to a new 2015 Subaru WRX. I really do like the new 2015 Mustangs, and the interior looks great in the articles I've read. But I'm fearful that to get these nice interiors, I'm going to have to get a premium.

Example: I got a base V6 Mustang in 2012. Getting the base was a horrible idea. I got that crap rubber steering wheel, and the tachometer/gauge cluster in the dash is made of cheap materials and rattles like crazy during the winter. For some reason, hot weather stops the rattling.

So now I'd only order a premium unless I see some hard evidence that the lower trim interiors aren't going to be junky. Unfortunately I don't think I'll get that info until late summer. Sadly I don't have time to bet on that, and it looks more and more like a new Subaru WRX is in my future. Oh well, WRXs aren't bad cars, right? Lol

**Edit: I'd love a premium, but I highly highly doubt I can afford a GT Premium if the price is going up. I wouldn't get a V6 anymore, too much lust for that V8.

Last edited by GhostStrykre; 02-10-2014 at 08:17 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 08:00 AM
tobaGT

I was this >< close to purchasing a new 2013 when they first came out. Drove it, brought the wife back and drove it with her. After we got out she said, "This car suits you perfectly...but where are you going to park it?" At the time, we lived in a condo with no indoor parking. Fast forward 2 years, we're in a nice house with our own driveway and garage. I showed her the photos of the 2015 from the Barret-Jackson auction, and she said , "Yep."

So there you have it. Wife approved. Only catch is, she picks the color (which is Deep Impact Blue, which I would have picked anyway). Track package, and I'm hoping they still offer saddle leather on the new one (I don't like Recaro's). Wait for the aftermarket to produce some exhaust parts.
Old 02-15-2014, 09:22 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

I probably will. My '12 is paid off so I'll have enough in trade to justify a convertible this time.
Old 02-25-2014, 11:34 AM
Mrbobcat
2nd Gear Member

I don't know...I really like the looks of it and the improvements, but right now I'm thinking of getting a 2014 near base 5.0 on sale, WRX or possibly an RA. Although I might end up waiting if my trade in deal isn't as good as I want it to be and look at the 2015 offerings. The new WRX sounds like an awesome drive esp. for NW Ohio winters, but it does look a little funny from certain angles. I doubt a GT will be in my price range at least for awhile and I'm not sure if I like the idea of the turbo four or not? It may be more in my range and very similar to the car I have now, but really miss the sound of a V8.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:36 AM
GhostStrykre
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mrbobcat
I don't know...I really like the looks of it and the improvements, but right now I'm thinking of getting a 2014 near base 5.0 on sale, WRX or possibly an RA. Although I might end up waiting if my trade in deal isn't as good as I want it to be and look at the 2015 offerings. The new WRX sounds like an awesome drive esp. for NW Ohio winters, but it does look a little funny from certain angles. I doubt a GT will be in my price range at least for awhile and I'm not sure if I like the idea of the turbo four or not? It may be more in my range and very similar to the car I have now, but really miss the sound of a V8.
funny you mention that. i literally just ordered a 2015 WRX two weekends ago. I'm pretty stoked to have that as my daily driver. It is already getting quite a few accolades and praises. I'll return to Mustangs eventually, but I needed something reliable year round. Having to burn vacation time and stuff like that whenever it snowed this year was a giant pain. Definitely gonna miss my Mustang, but I know I'm gonna save up and get an amazing one in ten years or so. Or so I hope ha.

Quick Reply: Who is planning to order a 2015 Mustang GT