Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Old 05-25-2014, 02:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

I can get a 2013 gt500 with low miles for just over $40k! That's how I'd spend $40k.

I'll buy a used one next year for under $30,000!
Old 05-25-2014, 03:01 PM
99GTvert
is my username.

Originally Posted by moosestang
I can get a 2013 gt500 with low miles for just over $40k! That's how I'd spend $40k.

I'll buy a used one next year for under $30,000!
Have they dropped that low? I would think you could say that for a 2010/2011 but not the 5.8L version.
Old 05-27-2014, 09:50 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Coming out with the GT500 as a dual boosted Voodoo V8 Flat Plane Crack with dual twin scroll Turbos and a Supercharger for zero lag would be nice to follow a GT350 with a Normally Aspirated variant and a Mach1 with a twin Turbo variant. A selectable Catalytic bypass into a huge free flowing exhuast that puts out an exotic note like a Ferrari or a Jaguar... Its about time we moved away from the deep toned American burble. Save that for the classics and move forward already.

Make the rear brakes kick in for assisted torque vectoring and perhaps allow in the rear differential for some advance steering where the rear wheels slightly follow the front steering at highway speeds and turn opposite the front for city driving.

And allow for rev matching on the manual gearbox and then you'll have a true hero car.

Do the top tier GT500 offering for less than 60k , the mid tier Mach1 for mid 50k and the GT350 for less than 50k.

Put the stickiest and fattest tires on them front and rear. With a computer controlled dampening suspension that is selectable on the fly with a push of a button which will also match the steering response in each setting. Using carbon fiber bellows springs on all four corners. Make the suspension active so it will keep the car as level as possible when taking on a high banking curve.

And pair this up with 6 Piston Big brakes on both front and rear and active aerodynamics to assist with air braking on the front, rear and sides. So I can engine brake heading into an Apex and power out like a GOD.

Completely Crush the Camaro camp and take on the Mighty Corvette boys...While still competing with the best the UK and the Orient can throw at it.

Do it all for an attainable price and then inject all this into the Lincoln.

Bring back the Torino, the Falcon and the Thunderbird

Resurrect the Mercury division and then give us back the Capri and the Cougar.

Then I'll start collecting.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:19 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Coming out with the GT500 as a dual boosted Voodoo V8 Flat Plane Crack with dual twin scroll Turbos and a Supercharger for zero lag would be nice to follow a GT350 with a Normally Aspirated variant and a Mach1 with a twin Turbo variant. A selectable Catalytic bypass into a huge free flowing exhuast that puts out an exotic note like a Ferrari or a Jaguar... Its about time we moved away from the deep toned American burble. Save that for the classics and move forward already.
this is a load of BS. a flat-plane V8 wouldn't be "moving forward." For one, the flat-plane layout is even older than the cross-plane. Second, flat-plane V8s have the same second-order vibration problems that 4-cylinders do, but worse because the vibration energy from the two banks combines by √2. There's a reason nobody but Ferrari uses them in a production car. if I wanted an engine as buzzy as an un-counterbalanced 4-banger, I'd go find something with a GM Iron Duke engine.

and a "selectable catalytic bypass?" There's no way in hell any automaker could offer this on a production vehicle. keep dreaming.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:42 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jz78817
this is a load of BS. a flat-plane V8 wouldn't be "moving forward." For one, the flat-plane layout is even older than the cross-plane. Second, flat-plane V8s have the same second-order vibration problems that 4-cylinders do, but worse because the vibration energy from the two banks combines by √2. There's a reason nobody but Ferrari uses them in a production car. So you're saying Lotus, Jaguar, Cosworth etc etc...don't use a flat plane crank if I wanted an engine as buzzy as an un-counterbalanced 4-banger, I'd go find something with a GM Iron Duke engine. The FPC engines mentioned...including the Ferrari you know...hardly sound buzzy, they sound like racing engines NOT a pickup truck.

and a "selectable catalytic bypass?" There's no way in hell any automaker could offer this on a production vehicle. keep dreaming.
The topic asked what you would like to see. Realistically, everything is possible. Not necessarily cost effective. But, we can all dream. Or hope to see things pop up in the aftermarket segment. For example...the line lock feature in the manual GT's is borderline illegal in a production vehicle, using the excuse of a track pack option you can skirt around it. Same can be said for a Catalytic bypass....maybe if the car can run on e85 or who knows...in the future add some electric motors.

BTW

I know how old a flat plane is by comparison...its also used in racing engines. And comparatively more efficient in producing power. The vibration in the racing segment is offset by the weight of the internals surrounding that crank. (you know this right?) What's more modern is the application of this type of engine as it applies in modern times.

Besides if they want to produce the Supercharged variant of the GT500...they'll need to do something to lower the engine in the bay...since the pedestrian crumple zone is a requirement for the UK...otherwise a supercharger with the low profile of the hood they're trying to maintain... goes bye bye.

Innovation always begins with a dream.

Speaking of which... Jaguar uses a FPC motor in their v-8 offerings....care to guess what motor their blueprint is very similar to? ;-)

Last edited by Cruzinaround; 05-27-2014 at 01:52 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:47 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by M3hunter
Yes everybody tells me that the front looks, like the fusion, it really lost the Mustang identity, from the front looks like another car not a Mustang. Rear, side and top is OK, I think on the back the pony emblem looks better than that simple big GT letters, I prefer to remove them and maybe replace them they look cheap. And I'm not sure about the rear colored diaper, probably the rear difusser should be black.
I agree with "Yes everybody" who ever that is! (Smile) It seems like Ford has tried to meld into the European market by making the new Mustang look much like all the others it will compete with! I'm not putting it down, because if people like the looks of the 2015 better... great! The 2014 is a distinctive car, but the 2015 shares a lot of styling with so many other cars. It's much like how many manufacturers like Honda & Toyota copied the basic style of the late 90's Mercedes Benz.

I'm sorry, but the 2015 Mustang shares front end styling with Jaguar and so many other cars. It is not distinctive anymore! Certainly the Fusion could easily be made to look like a Mustang with just a few front end parts switches! I suspect it is a good move for world wide sales for Ford, but I'd rather have the 2014 styling, or even my Old School 2008! The 2015 is a nice looking car, but it doesn't grab me like a Mustang should! It grabs me like a Fusion!

I'm afraid the Mustang will soon look like this! A nice looking car, but not very distinctive compared to other cars with similar styling!

Obvious similarities between the Jaguar & the 2015 Mustang!

FRANKLY THE 2014 MUSTANG IS MORE DISTINCTIVE!

Last edited by Mr. D; 05-29-2014 at 05:55 AM.
Old 06-01-2014, 02:42 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

So it looks like your idea of a good car, is to take a really good GT500, take out the AWESOME, install a 5.0 with a (cough) Automatic, then put on a Roush labeled Eaton blower.
Don't make much sense to me, I would just keep the GT500 AWESOME, like it comes from the factory.

Originally Posted by Mr. D

But really since I like the future, and the 2015 Mustang, I would go for something like this.

Name:  ford-mustang-shelby-gt350-rendering-front-side-view_zps8ce46fa9.jpg
Views: 50
Size:  230.9 KB

Or maybe just build my own 5.0 with an Ecoboost like twin turbo set up, pumping out 550-600 RWHP, with an air to air intercooler, so I could run that Bit@h flat out all day on a road course.

Last edited by AK_Kayaker; 06-02-2014 at 03:46 AM.
Old 06-03-2014, 02:20 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
So it looks like your idea of a good car, is to take a really good GT500, take out the AWESOME, install a 5.0 with a (cough) Automatic, then put on a Roush labeled Eaton blower.
Don't make much sense to me, I would just keep the GT500 AWESOME, like it comes from the factory.

But really since I like the future, and the 2015 Mustang, I would go for something like this.

Or maybe just build my own 5.0 with an Ecoboost like twin turbo set up, pumping out 550-600 RWHP, with an air to air intercooler, so I could run that Bit@h flat out all day on a road course.
The awesome way the GT 500 comes from the factory is in the 70K range and it has a few things on it I don't care for. If I could buy a new GT 500 for around 50K I'd agree. You can put together a nice 5.0L GT for about 65% of the cost of a GT 500 due to the limited production. The "automatic" is because my wife would enjoy driving it more with an automatic. She's always like power since the 60's, but at our ages it may be time for an automatic for the heavy traffic. Automatics aren't the dogs they used to be!

A supercharger seems like a simpler way to go in terms of putting it together. I've been very happy with the supercharger. but I have not checked on the cost of a "twin turbo" setup?

Very nice looking Mustang in your post!

Anyhow I have to sell my '08 first! No room for another car in the garage.... and I'd be much smarter to keep what I have with only 10K miles on it!

What do you think my '08 is worth in mint condition?

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-03-2014 at 02:35 AM.
Old 06-15-2014, 11:06 AM
slarson

What don't I like? The front, (fusion coupe) the size, the weight (what ever happened to 300lbs reduction Ford let float around for months)? Style does not flow, to many sharp angles.
Old 06-16-2014, 01:26 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by slarson
What don't I like? The front, (fusion coupe) the size, the weight (what ever happened to 300lbs reduction Ford let float around for months)? Style does not flow, to many sharp angles.
The Fusion coupe is way too tall of a profile to mistake it for the new S550. If you believe it is then you need glasses. The similarities unify their product, but the rake angles and the visual treatments still set the S550 apart form the rest.

The new Stang is in no way full of sharp angles. I think most people are coming to the table upset that they have a Mustang that will no longer LOOK current... and in a few months will be dated. Oh well, get used to it. Pay off your s197 and then get a new s550. Stop whining like little babies and get over it.

I wouldn't be surprised if appearance mods start come out for the s197's that chase the looks of the s550's as soon as they are leaving the dealerships.

besides...

An IRS, More Power and modern amenities....moving forward comes with changes that we asked Ford to strive for in the first place...It happened in 2005 when the previous gen owners where spewing the same crap about the s197's....funny....History repeats itself.

---

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?