Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2014, 08:51 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

I just bought a Fusion and no, it doesn't look like a freaking Mustang.
It's a good looking 4 door sedan though.
I don't remember people being that shallow in the Fox body era... "Waahh, the Mustang looks like a Lincoln Markvii!!". "No Sir, it looks like a Taurus, Get it right!" LOL.
Old 06-16-2014, 09:13 PM
908ssp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by AK_Kayaker
So it looks like your idea of a good car, is to take a really good GT500, take out the AWESOME, install a 5.0 with a (cough) Automatic, then put on a Roush labeled Eaton blower.
Don't make much sense to me, I would just keep the GT500 AWESOME, like it comes from the factory.

But really since I like the future, and the 2015 Mustang, I would go for something like this.

Or maybe just build my own 5.0 with an Ecoboost like twin turbo set up, pumping out 550-600 RWHP, with an air to air intercooler, so I could run that Bit@h flat out all day on a road course.
Darn that car looks stupid. Fake scoops on the fenders, silly louvers over the side windows, and a hood scoop that ruins all the hard work Ford did to improve the aero and and reduce front end lift. Stop with the retro already.
Old 06-17-2014, 04:20 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Ditto above...I second what he said....For the future if you want a retro look...there's the s197. Just buy one. If you want the real authentic classics...Go buy one. If your foot is stuck in the mud...you're literally not moving forward. DUH.

---
Old 06-19-2014, 03:15 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Thank you all for the counseling, but before you get to concerned for me let me state:

1. I am not against Ford making any kind of Mustang it thinks will improve profits! I'm just expressing my taste in Mustangs and that doesn't require some of you to protect the 2015 Mustang's image like it is a young girl coming out at her sweet sixteen party!

2. I don't want the Mustang stay a "Retro" car as was said. The 2014 is not a Retro car itself. It has changed from look of my '08 which is more of a Retro car.

3. My point is only one for the defenders of the 2015's honor! I feel it is less distinctive than earlier models and will blend in to a greater extent with the other cars out there! I like a Corvette, Camaro and Mustang to stand out and look like no other car!

Change is not always improvement.... just change for marketing!
That's not an issue of right, or wrong! It's an issue of my taste!

Being a young man in 1965, the first Mustangs were not much of a "Motorheads" car! Most wrench turners thought of them as a car a secretary would use to go to the beach! They were a great seller, but needed a Shelby to make them into a guy's performance car! I just don't want the Mustang to go the way of so many cars that simply morphed into a common look!

Will people say.... "I'm not sure, was that is the new Mustang!", OR "Wow! Look at that new Mustang! A Mustang should be a "Head Turner", not a "Head Scratcher" as to whether is is a Mustang or another similar car!

Is it a 2015 Mustang ..........................OR...................... ...............2015 Mousetung

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-19-2014 at 03:48 AM.
Old 06-19-2014, 09:38 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

I have seen a few of the s550's on the road. You can still tell its a Mustang. One very distinct feature is the taillights regarding their shape and slope. Dimensions are similar to the current model. At worst the rear c pillars can be confused with the Accord coupe if you are not able to see the "hunch" on the car's beltline.
Old 06-20-2014, 09:24 AM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

Wow..what a stretch...

Mr. D...... you need glasses. And confusing similar treatments with being the same...big mistake.

For that Matter if you go by what you're saying a Hundai Genesis R Coupe looks like a 2013 Mustang.

Heck a Fiat Abarthe qualifies for a Mustang just because its got similar concepts in aerodynamics.

Or they all have four wheels so they therefore must all be the same. Hey, a refresh is required every now and then to keep interest in a product line going...otherwise the same old stuff gets tired and people will move on. So long as they are moving forward with technology and innovations that make it more fun, and perform better, safer and more efficient.... then people will see the reason to buy it. Marketing the whole package is required, but it helps when there's already an established following. like with the Mustangs. And granted there are people I know who didn't purchase a Mustang and went with Dodge or Chevy only because they didn't like the s197 look...So there's a possibility that those individuals will come back over to the Mustang camp because of a refresh in the styling and a forward looking modern design.

---

--
Old 06-20-2014, 09:35 AM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

Will people say.... "I'm not sure, was that is the new Mustang!", OR "Wow! Look at that new Mustang! A Mustang should be a "Head Turner", not a "Head Scratcher" as to whether is is a Mustang or another similar car!
This is why I think "globalizing" the Mustang was a mistake. I've already brought up the European pedestrian impact regulations. The slope of the hood and the shape of the nose of the car are now basically set by law and all car designers can do is try to give it a unique "face." No, they don't all look identical but the general shape is pretty darn similar, a hood which droops towards the front (usually with a hideous visible cut line) and a flat bull-nose. Every "global" car is following that pattern whether it be a Mazda 6, Mercedes-Benz CLA, Ford Fusion, Volvo V60, etc.
Old 06-20-2014, 02:08 PM
Cruzinaround
3rd Gear Member

When Form must follow function then just the laws of convergence alone will have different camps with different perspectives all coming to the same conclusions.

Aerodynamics is (one of) the current landrace among all the manufacturers trying to address efficiency in power to fuel consumption. And the formula all comes to the same conclusion...but its the way they execute that application that sets each of them apart. The example that Mr. D uses is obviously tweaked with a running pony to make his point...in his own mind. But, clearly the two cars look different with similar applications to come to the same conclusion.

If you don't like aerodynamic applications in striving for better fuel efficiency then you will always have other choices or look to the after market to alter it to your tastes.

Convergence doesn't have to mean a cookie cutter of the other guy's idea. Clearly in the case of the s550 its not....but the conclusion they've made....just reminds you of other car makers who've also come to the same answers to these problems.

---
Old 06-21-2014, 02:50 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Again, some seem to think I am criticizing Ford's decisions with the 2015. Not so! Ford, or Mr. D would do what is good for company profits. All I am doing is expressing my opinion of the look of the 2015 Mustang.

The '57 Thunderbird was a great looking car, but it was not a great success financially. Thus the '58! It happened to many cars that I liked!

Think of a '57 T-Bird with a 5.0L Coyote and 6 Sp., plus all the Mustang improvements of today! Likely someone has built one, much like my friend builds 50's/60's Corvettes with 2014 mechanics under the 50's/60's bodies! Unfortunately improvements of the T-Bird could not be avoided! Yuk! SMILE!

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-21-2014 at 02:58 AM.
Old 06-21-2014, 07:20 AM
M3hunter
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 908ssp
Darn that car looks stupid. Fake scoops on the fenders, silly louvers over the side windows, and a hood scoop that ruins all the hard work Ford did to improve the aero and and reduce front end lift. Stop with the retro already.
The front of the GT350 does not looks bad with the fog lights in the grille, I prefer it to the regular GT that looks very Fusion. If the GT350 is on my budget, yes it will be on my garage.

Quick Reply: What would you like to see or are disappointed about in the 2015?