Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

New 2015 Manual Transmission Problems?

Old 02-08-2015, 04:43 PM
15Mustang

Default New 2015 Manual Transmission Problems?

Wondering if anyone has problems with their 2015 Mustang manual transmission? I only noticed problems at ~244 miles when I picked up my car from a Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, where it was in for warranty repair of fender/door misalignment which caused paint damage. After a poor paint repair by an auto shop, video below, I brought my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang after the dealership had it for ~16 miles, I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care.

Does anyone know what would cause this really poor shift quality? What type of condition? What should I do?

2015 Mustang Bad Transmission and Paint at 244 miles. Can Ford Please help me??

Last edited by 15Mustang; 06-12-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:48 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

JC, take it back to the dealer
Old 02-09-2015, 01:48 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by 15Mustang
Wondering if anyone has problems with their 2015 Mustang manual transmission? I only noticed problems at ~244 miles when I picked up my car from a Ford dealership, Bozard Ford, where it was in for warranty repair of fender/door misalignment which caused paint damage. After a poor paint repair by an auto shop, video below, I brought my car home from the dealership, and when I drove away in my Mustang after the dealership had it for ~16 miles, I immediately noticed the manual transmission didn’t shift right (it always shifted perfectly when I dropped it off). The transmission would basically now bind, catch, grind and then pop into 4th gear at low RPMs in a very odd two stage process. It absolutely NEVER did this before I dropped it at the dealership. In addition, third and fourth now made a louder thud going into gear. The transmission shift quality was significantly, noticeably degraded somehow when I left it in the dealership’s care.

Does anyone know what would cause this really poor shift quality? What type of condition? What should I do?
Originally Posted by Choppertwo
JC, take it back to the dealer
Hello 15Mustang,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and as Choppertwo mentioned, I also recommend you bring it back in to your Ford Dealer. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Old 02-09-2015, 09:21 PM
15Mustang

Originally Posted by FordService
Hello 15Mustang,

Welcome to the forum! My name is Deysha with Ford Service and as Choppertwo mentioned, I also recommend you bring it back in to your Ford Dealer. Also, PM me with your VIN, dealer, mileage, full name, and best daytime number so I can escalate it to the customer service manager for your area.

Deysha
Thanks Deysha

Last edited by 15Mustang; 06-12-2020 at 08:50 PM.
Old 02-09-2015, 11:51 PM
15Mustang

Hello 15Mustang,

Deysha

Hi Deysha, can you PM me?? I'm having trouble using the PM system on the forum.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:47 AM
Timspony
SVT Section Moderator

Good luck .... Deysha will help ease the situation
Old 02-10-2015, 12:18 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thanks Deysha, do Ford customer service managers exist and can I talk to one? Ford won't give me any information; they told me to write them a letter (seriously).
Hi Deysha, can you PM me?? I'm having trouble using the PM system on the forum.
Yes, they exist, 15Mustang. Once I escalate this for you they will contact you. Regarding the PMs, I don’t know if you have to have a certain amount of public posts before you can PM. You may want to contact an admin.

Originally Posted by Timspony
Good luck .... Deysha will help ease the situation
Thanks for the support, Timspony!

Deysha
Old 02-10-2015, 01:31 PM
Choppertwo
3rd Gear Member

Hello 15Mustang,

Deysha
Old 02-10-2015, 11:39 PM
15Mustang

Yes, they exist, 15Mustang. Once I escalate this for you they will contact you. Regarding the PMs, I don’t know if you have to have a certain amount of public posts before you can PM. You may want to contact an admin.

Thanks for the support, Timspony!

Deysha
Thank you Deysha for support and help with this!

Is there another way to reach you? I have looked everywhere for the PM option and can't find it. Does anyone know? I'll try to contact a mod to see.
Old 02-11-2015, 10:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Thank you Deysha for support and help with this!

Is there another way to reach you? I have looked everywhere for the PM option and can't find it. Does anyone know? I'll try to contact a mod to see.
Let me know what they say, 15Mustang. I’m sure it has to do with the amount of PMs you currently have.

Deysha

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New 2015 Manual Transmission Problems?