Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

2015 Ecoboost Convertible Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2015, 04:05 PM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Glad to hear that you like your new baby!
I also torn between coupe/vert and EB/GT.
I have an 04 GT vert now(not compelled to sell that to get a 2015,which makes a new coupe acceptable).I don't think that I'd be sacrificing any giddyup with the 2015 EB,and I'd almost have the economy of my Honda,if I kept my foot out of it.

Last edited by Camster; 04-19-2015 at 04:11 PM.
Old 05-27-2015, 01:37 PM
rgingo

Just got my EB coupe 2 weeks ago. I also had to really ponder over the choices (8/EB, manual/auto, as well as color/wheels, etc).

I chose the EB because it was just as much fun and sporty to drive (on public roads... NOT racing) but with very good economy when on car trips (I do a lot of trips by car). Since I also have (in the family) a 2011/6, I can say that the EB is a bit more fun to drive (better passing without multiple downshifts required) and about 5 MPG better overall. Hope this helps your decision.
Old 05-28-2015, 01:52 PM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

The 2015 premium interior is Awesome. Period. However if it comes down to price op. Everyone has a budget and I doubt you'll notice a difference in the V6 to the EB other than the V6 will probably sound better. If you plan on modding then the EB is the way to go for more performance potential. I don't have any doubt that a base V6 convertible wont be a very enjoyable car. Can't beat that top down driving in the spring and fall. But don't sell the 65!!!

Last edited by bluebeastsrt; 05-28-2015 at 01:57 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 10:32 AM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the replies out there. Great feedback.

I am a few months from buying one, but still leaning to an Ecoboost.

I am pretty sure it will be a triple black one, however I have seen a couple Magnetic Gray Convertibles around and they look great as well.

I hear you on keeping the 65. My wife and family keep telling me to keep it. I do have a deal worked out with the guy I bought it from, but did not guarantee I would sell it back, just if I was selling it, he would have first dibs. I have done a lot to the car since I bought it from him and he really wants it back.

Decisions.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:42 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

I did a search this weekend with the local Ford dealers and there are only 3 or 4 convertibles total in inventory. I didnt actually call the dealers so not an accurate count.

I know the convertibles were late to deliver and therefore short on supply, but is the 2015 now out of production and are the dealers waiting for 2016s?

I want to compare several EB and V6 models to make my final decision. I am pretty close to pulling the trigger, but it seems I may need to wait for the 16s. Anyone have an answer?
Old 08-11-2015, 04:21 AM
swscoo

a friend of mine ordered a 2015 Vert and received notice that her order was being automatically processed as a 2016 model. Another friend is a sales mgr at a Ford dealer-he said you will have to order a 16 model now-and it would be a needle in ahaystack to find a 15 model.
Good luck and enjoy-you will love the new model!
Old 08-24-2017, 12:59 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

Copied from my Ecoboost Discussion.

OK so I did get a Black 2015 Ecoboost Premium Mustang, it has the Ford Performance Package on it and is about as loaded as a Ecoboost Mustang can get. Best part is - it is BRAND NEW with full factory warranty. It was in the show room of the local Ford Dealer for 2 years. So I got a great price on a 15 which is what I wanted since my wife and I went to the 50th Celebration in LV and we both turned 50 along with our 25th wedding anniversary. So the 15 means something to me. The fun part too is I bought two cars that day. I also bought a Black 17 Fusion AWD. I sold my 65 back to the original owner and traded a 13 Explorer on the Mustang and got the Mustang free and clear. I figure these will both last me a long time as combined we average about 15K miles a year. Split that between two cars.

I bought the Mustang to be a touring car and travel the country. I typically have a theme with my personal cars so I am going with all Ford Performance mods on this one. I just paid out a bunch of cash on cars and kids college. So in the spring I will get the Ford Performance Tune, FP Touring Exhaust Cat Back and the FP window Louvers. That should do it for now. Maybe the shock tower brace and a few nitnoid things. Love the laundry list of Ford Performance options these days. My son has a Fiesta ST full of FP parts.

I have taken it to to NM a couple times and averaging 84 mph I am getting 30 MPG. I also can vouch that this car can haul butt on the highway. So far I have not found a downside to the car. Looking forward to the tune with 390 LB of Torgue which is only 10 less than the Coyote. I like the V8s too, but frankly for my use, no better choice than the Ecoboost. No Regrets period! Well maybe the two scratches on the black rims. I will miss the 65 but am already planning a project with my Son's so off to the next venture.
Old 08-24-2017, 04:09 PM
rgingo

Congrats on finding that 15... I've got a 50 anniversary pkg and love it..... Every time I go to the dealer they always comment how they wish they more of them (50 anniv pkg) for sale.

By the way, getting 30 or more mpg at high freeway speeds is a real bonus...most lightweight ecoboxes can't even get as good mpg at those speeds (the Prius just barely gets it at those speeds).

Old 08-24-2017, 07:01 PM
MtnMustang
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't have believed the MPG if I had not calculated it myself.

I did the trip in my 17 AWD Fusion and got about the same mileage. Another car I am very satisfied with.
Old 08-25-2017, 11:13 AM
rgingo

Several months ago my Mustang club went on a trip to "Three Sisters" in the Texas hill country.... a nationally famous route for motorcycles and sports cars... think of a rollercoaster ride through the mountains. About 500 miles round trip... Everyone noticed how much less fuel the ecoboost engines consumed with no loss of performance in the twisties (compared to the V8s), and actually, were even better handling in the tight stuff (lower weight in front-end). Overall, very satisfying.

Quick Reply: 2015 Ecoboost Convertible Discussion