Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Downsides to Performance Pack?

Old 06-12-2015, 10:21 PM
Moddiction
Former Sponsor

Is the upgraded suspension with the PP enough? Or do you find yourself wanting stiffer sway bars and coilovers still? I'd like the brake upgrades and rear end(unless I decide to supercharge) but I think I'd probably want to upgrade the suspension stuff to a coilovers set and stiffer sways as I'm used to very tight handling cars.
Old 06-13-2015, 08:35 AM
Monumaker

after reading through this thread I wish I would have gotten the PP now...
Old 06-20-2015, 07:39 PM
madweazl

The 15's performance pack is so much more plush than my '12. I actually hated how mushy the 15's ride was today. I cant imagine anyone thinking this is a stiff or uncomfortable ride, just does not compute. Cant wait to drop an Eibach Pro Kit on this car.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:53 PM
madweazl

Initial brake sensitivity is annoying but gets more linear from there. Prefer the feel of the 12s braking. I imagine these resist fade better though.
Old 06-21-2015, 03:09 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

The obvious is that....

it all boils down to what you want! It's your car & your money! If you want a car to take turns as fast as possible get the PP, & PLEASE let me know when you are on the road so I can wear my crash helmet, & live a few more years! If you JUST want a car that handles quite well, with a lot of power, but also rides really nice, don't get the PP & put tires on that are not as low a profile as is TRENDING! Low profile tires ruin the ride for handling performance sake. A Mustang corners as good as I need driving around on the street.

Of course if you are getting a Mustang to track, then why would there be any thing to discuss???

I like lots of power, plus as nice a ride as possible, & a much, much, much lower price than a GT350 or GT 500 will cost me.... so I'll likely go with the base GT Mustang & add some after market top quality aftermarket shocks like Bilstein, or whatever, & a then a Roush Supercharger with a warrantee that covers the driveline at a Ford Dealer. I'll have 627 HP, & much nicer ride & a lot less spent money spent.... so that I can afford to actually drive the car at today's gas prices!

Make sense? Of course not! LOL!
Old 06-21-2015, 05:15 PM
Genxer
1st Gear Member

Ride stiffness is so subjective that it is impossible to know what you will like unless you get some wheel time. For me the PP isn't as rough of a ride as my wife's Honda Element SC. It is just right to me. I would not call it mushy, but refined. A car that jolts hard when it hits a bump isn't a good yardstick for performance. Controlled, predictable, connected and uneventful is preferred.
Old 06-22-2015, 03:42 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Genxer
Ride stiffness is so subjective that it is impossible to know what you will like unless you get some wheel time. For me the PP isn't as rough of a ride as my wife's Honda Element SC. It is just right to me. I would not call it mushy, but refined. A car that jolts hard when it hits a bump isn't a good yardstick for performance. Controlled, predictable, connected and uneventful is preferred.
I shouldn't have titled this thread, "Downsides to the PP", but rather, "Is the PP right for you?" This shouldn't be a discussion about which is better, but rather what you want, & what want to pay for on your Mustang. If I tracked the car, I'd certainly get the PP, but for me the stock Mustang fits my needs! Buy what you want... informed. Make sense?

I don't think ride stiffness is that subjective. What is subjective is how much it means to you. Young guys usually don't care as much about ride stiffness as old guys like me. As those that have followed my posts know, I'm into to straight line acceleration & don't like to take corners fast, or track a car. So, I'd like the best ride possible combined with lots of HP which is the new Mustang. I live in the HOT Desert, & have never had any cooling problem with the AC on & my foot in it! As Genxer said, people should drive a Mustang with no PP, & then one with a PP, & then decide what they want. If you are happy with a stock Mustang suspension why spend the extra money since everyone isn't rich. If you want the PP, then buy it either way enjoy your Mustang!

Last edited by Mr. D; 06-22-2015 at 04:04 AM.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:51 PM
buckethead2

Handling prowess it a big concern for me. That's why I chose a Focus with the Sport Pkg.
I am definetly ordering my 2016 with the PP!
Old 06-24-2015, 02:44 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by buckethead2
Handling prowess it a big concern for me. That's why I chose a Focus with the Sport Pkg.
I am definetly ordering my 2016 with the PP!
Good for you! I love your use of the word "prowess"! The only time I felt any "prowess" was with two women ..... but then, that's not a story for this forum!
Old 03-12-2016, 12:08 AM
mobb70

Get the PP, the brakes and better engine cooling are worth it in price alone. These 6 piston brembos are expensive by themselves. But unfortunately, ford gave us the shaft with the one piston ****ty rear breaks.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Downsides to Performance Pack?