Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Midlife Crisis bought 2015 GT Convertible

Old 06-06-2015, 08:31 AM
Cooter007

Default Midlife Crisis bought 2015 GT Convertible

Son is graduating with is Masters of Divinity this month and starts his new job at the end of June. Yes I'm a proud pop! After 6 years of paying tuition my wife and I bought us a toy.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Magnetic Metallic

I've always owned manual transmissions but we decided to go with the auto because we are going to use this as a top down touring car. I always said I would never buy a Mustang that wasn't a manual but times have changed. Never say "never". I still have my 6spd manual Xterra that I will keep until it the engine falls out.

We are fighting over who gets to drive it and I hope that continues for years to come!

I'm off Monday and Tuesday. I'm supposed to be rebuilding a retaining wall that is falling but I'm going to use the time to lay down a couple of coats of wax.
Old 06-06-2015, 09:07 AM
Camster
2nd Gear Member

Congrats and enjoy! Time to be good to yourself.
I'm tempted to buy a magnetic GT myself,and I too,am leaning toward an automatic.
Never thought that I would say that,as I enjoy the MT of my 04.
Myself,I'm not sure about springing the extra bucks for a vert.I could keep my old vert and have a new coupe for not much more than a new vert would cost.
My biggest problem,no matter would I do,is where to put it.I don't mind having my old car sitting out,but a new one would have to be inside,and that would mean that my '14 Accord would have to be out,and I don't want that either....Such a problem!

Last edited by Camster; 06-06-2015 at 09:09 AM.
Old 06-06-2015, 10:15 AM
bluebeastsrt
6th Gear Member

Congrats and enjoy. I got over the automatic transmission bias a long time ago when I started drag racing and all the fast cars were autos.
Old 06-06-2015, 12:09 PM
scottsgal

Originally Posted by Cooter007
Son is graduating with is Masters of Divinity this month and starts his new job at the end of June. Yes I'm a proud pop! After 6 years of paying tuition my wife and I bought us a toy.

2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Magnetic Metallic

I've always owned manual transmissions but we decided to go with the auto because we are going to use this as a top down touring car. I always said I would never buy a Mustang that wasn't a manual but times have changed. Never say "never". I still have my 6spd manual Xterra that I will keep until it the engine falls out.

We are fighting over who gets to drive it and I hope that continues for years to come!

I'm off Monday and Tuesday. I'm supposed to be rebuilding a retaining wall that is falling but I'm going to use the time to lay down a couple of coats of wax.
Congratulations! That is quite a way to celebrate!
We bought our 2013 convertible due to a similar situation- hubby turned 40. He wanted a Porsche GT3, and well that wasn't practical. Somehow I saw practicality in a Mustang convertible. I wanted to add the license plate as "BIGKIDTOY" but instead found a more fitting plate for ours.

I did have a shirt made for hubby for father's day that says "still plays with cars" and has a photo of a 2015 Mustang GT convertible. Ours is on order still ....

Congrats again!
Old 06-06-2015, 07:38 PM
golfertp

mid-life crisis here tool Got an auto myself - love it!
Attached Thumbnails Midlife Crisis  bought 2015 GT Convertible-img_0409.jpg  
Old 06-06-2015, 07:39 PM
golfertp

Old 06-06-2015, 07:51 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

very nice looking indeed!
Old 06-07-2015, 07:07 AM
Cooter007

Originally Posted by golfertp
mid-life crisis here tool Got an auto myself - love it!
Hey that is my car! It looks like you got it out of my garage and moved it to Surfside. I live in Ozark, MO now but I was born and raised in SC
Old 06-07-2015, 08:23 PM
golfertp

Charleston, top down, sea breeze...loving it!
Old 06-08-2015, 12:24 PM
MontelG
1st Gear Member

Default Midlife Crisis bought 2015 GT Convertible

Originally Posted by golfertp
Very nice! I'm in the same boat...mid-life crisis and ordered a metallic GT convertible. I can't wait for it to be delivered!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Midlife Crisis bought 2015 GT Convertible