Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

I should've known better - part two

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:07 PM
ChampInSD

Guys - Yes, my lawyer is now handling it. He reached out to Ford about trying to resolve this informally and Ford did not respond at all. Nothing. No response. So the advice I am getting is that in order to address the situation I have to go through arbitration/litigation. We told Ford that we would prefer to avoid that but they simply failed to respond at all. Truly unbelievable.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:10 PM
ChampInSD

Deysha - I didn't realize Ford's customer service folks were involved in these forums. Anyway, if Ford wanted to try to make this right, Ford should have responded to my lawyer. Ignoring this situation did not make a good impression on me. I expected more from Ford not only in the quality of the car in the first place but in how Ford handled this mess.
Old 12-07-2015, 08:32 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by ChampInSD
Deysha - I didn't realize Ford's customer service folks were involved in these forums. Anyway, if Ford wanted to try to make this right, Ford should have responded to my lawyer. Ignoring this situation did not make a good impression on me. I expected more from Ford not only in the quality of the car in the first place but in how Ford handled this mess.
I am everywhere, ChampInSD. LOL! I understand where you’re coming from. However, the CSM is not in the position to speak to lawyers. This is where the OGC comes in.

Deysha
Old 12-07-2015, 10:53 AM
ChampInSD

Deysha - I don't want the community to misunderstand the history. I waited a long time for Ford's Customer Service team to take action. Only when that did not happen did I hire a lawyer. By that time, the car had been in the shop multiple times for weeks for these safety problems. I feel that Ford has completely ignored me - no response in weeks. The last thing I got was a form letter from Tarsha Brooks - "Research Analyst" - asking me for more information including "documents supporting commercial use" - for my Mustang GT. Which is obviously not used for any commercial purpose. Ms. Brooks also asked for copies of information like the sales documents and (wait for it) the service records, all of which Ford already had and which I provided previously. Since the time we responded to Ms. Brooks - about a month ago - Ford has gone radio silent. Nothing. Not a word. This is a classic run-around.

Is this how Ford treats its customers?

Last edited by ChampInSD; 12-07-2015 at 10:55 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 08:07 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Deysha - I don't want the community to misunderstand the history. I waited a long time for Ford's Customer Service team to take action. Only when that did not happen did I hire a lawyer. By that time, the car had been in the shop multiple times for weeks for these safety problems. I feel that Ford has completely ignored me - no response in weeks. The last thing I got was a form letter from Tarsha Brooks - "Research Analyst" - asking me for more information including "documents supporting commercial use" - for my Mustang GT. Which is obviously not used for any commercial purpose. Ms. Brooks also asked for copies of information like the sales documents and (wait for it) the service records, all of which Ford already had and which I provided previously. Since the time we responded to Ms. Brooks - about a month ago - Ford has gone radio silent. Nothing. Not a word. This is a classic run-around.

Is this how Ford treats its customers?
I see, ChampInSD. I know the process through OGC may be lengthy, but I’m not able to advise on what exactly happens once the case is in their hands. I do know they ask for “everything” relevant to your case.

Deysha
Old 12-08-2015, 09:24 AM
mmdpg
1st Gear Member

Maybe I missed it earlier in the thread, but does your state have a lemon law? In Mass where I live if you don't have use of the car for 30 days or if it has to go in for the same problem more than I think it's 3 or 5 times without fixing the problem you can start the lemon law process. Why would you wait so long? Just get your money back and buy something else.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:43 AM
ChampInSD

California does have a "lemon law" statute. It establishes a presumption that a manufacturer has had a reasonable opportunity to repair the vehicle if, within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles following delivery, the vehicle has been in for repair two or more times for a condition that is likely to cause death or serious
bodily injury if the vehicle is driven AND the consumer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for repair. The law also presumes the manufacturer has had a reasonable opportunity to repair the vehicle if the vehicle has been in for repair more than 30 days within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of ownership. When either of these circumstances exist, the manufacturer has an obligation to repurchase the vehicle from the consumer upon demand. Bot provisions apply to my situation, I would think, by any reasonable interpretation of the problems the car had and how long the dealership had the car.

I notified Ford corporate of the problems I have been facing. Multiple times. I made the repurchase demand. Ford immediately rejected my demand and has refused to discuss it further since. Ford forced me to hire a lawyer and go down that path because of this complete lack of responsiveness. All while my car had less than 1000 miles on it.

Deysha - I don't really care what OGC's process is. If it's "lengthy," that sounds like an efficiency problem on Ford's end. Ford's legal and professional obligations don't have an exception for a "lengthy process." Call it what it is: A run-around. Ford clearly wants claims to die on the vine. My sense is from having dealt with several either disinterested or flat-out unhelpful customer service people including managers is that there is little to no interest in making this right and that my only option is to pursue the formal process through arbitration then litigation.

I can't say it enough: I'm shocked at how Ford has dealt with this situation involving a brand new car. All Ford had to do was come to the table and try to work something out. Instead they gave me a Toyota rental car, put hundreds of miles on my brand new car over nearly six weeks, refused my request to repurchase the car, and then told me to pick my car up or I would be charged storage fees. Not sure what you can say about that other than "Don't buy a Ford."

Ford still has the opportunity to make this right. Ford has my contact information and that for my lawyer. If anyone really cares, feel free to have them reach out.

Last edited by ChampInSD; 12-08-2015 at 11:48 AM.
Old 12-08-2015, 11:54 AM
ChampInSD

mmdpg - I'm not sure if I answered your questions but to be clear I did ask Ford to repurchase the car and Ford refused. I have started the lemon law process. Hopefully Ford will step up and do the right thing.
Old 12-08-2015, 01:04 PM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Ford should send you a new Mustang GT fully decked out for whatever your current terms/pricing is... Heck, make it a convertible... A GT350.... A Ford GT...?
Old 12-08-2015, 01:18 PM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

California does have a "lemon law" statute. It establishes a presumption that a manufacturer has had a reasonable opportunity to repair the vehicle if, within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles following delivery, the vehicle has been in for repair two or more times for a condition that is likely to cause death or serious
bodily injury if the vehicle is driven AND the consumer has at least once directly notified the manufacturer of the need for repair. The law also presumes the manufacturer has had a reasonable opportunity to repair the vehicle if the vehicle has been in for repair more than 30 days within the first 18 months or 18,000 miles of ownership. When either of these circumstances exist, the manufacturer has an obligation to repurchase the vehicle from the consumer upon demand. Bot provisions apply to my situation, I would think, by any reasonable interpretation of the problems the car had and how long the dealership had the car.

I notified Ford corporate of the problems I have been facing. Multiple times. I made the repurchase demand. Ford immediately rejected my demand and has refused to discuss it further since. Ford forced me to hire a lawyer and go down that path because of this complete lack of responsiveness. All while my car had less than 1000 miles on it.

Deysha - I don't really care what OGC's process is. If it's "lengthy," that sounds like an efficiency problem on Ford's end. Ford's legal and professional obligations don't have an exception for a "lengthy process." Call it what it is: A run-around. Ford clearly wants claims to die on the vine. My sense is from having dealt with several either disinterested or flat-out unhelpful customer service people including managers is that there is little to no interest in making this right and that my only option is to pursue the formal process through arbitration then litigation.

I can't say it enough: I'm shocked at how Ford has dealt with this situation involving a brand new car. All Ford had to do was come to the table and try to work something out. Instead they gave me a Toyota rental car, put hundreds of miles on my brand new car over nearly six weeks, refused my request to repurchase the car, and then told me to pick my car up or I would be charged storage fees. Not sure what you can say about that other than "Don't buy a Ford."

Ford still has the opportunity to make this right. Ford has my contact information and that for my lawyer. If anyone really cares, feel free to have them reach out.
No problem, ChampInSD. I was simply clarifying the things I knew about the process. Best wishes.

Deysha

Quick Reply: I should've known better - part two