Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

What are you planning on doing to your Mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2015, 08:05 PM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Phillip123
I would love to modify my Mustang same as this one!
Is this for real, lol?

Had my 15 for almost a year now with no upgrades with plans to supercharge. Do you know how hard that was waiting (no mods)?!! It is Roushcharged (670hp kit) now and it was worth the wait. None of my other modded Mustangs of the past come close.
Old 10-25-2015, 06:50 PM
Tony2015gt

I put on the Magnaflow catback on my 15' GT about 6 weeks ago, and she now sounds glorious!! That being said, I got it very cheap from someone not thinking it was loud enough after only 1-2 months. There was not a mark on it, and I paid less than half price.....win for me!
Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dragonetti
Is this for real, lol?

Had my 15 for almost a year now with no upgrades with plans to supercharge. Do you know how hard that was waiting (no mods)?!! It is Roushcharged (670hp kit) now and it was worth the wait. None of my other modded Mustangs of the past come close.
Well, at least you agree with Mr. D! It makes an average guy's super car! The only thing I "might" consider... maybe .... is a top quality set of shocks! I think anything else may not be worth it "Bang for the buck!" My 2016 is on order & I'll order a Roush Supercharger as soon as it comes in! It will be close enough to a European Super Car for me!

I assume you were able to get the proper "tune" from Roush for the Supercharger contrary to reports that it is not available!

Have fun, & be careful with the power.... especially in the rain!
Old 11-02-2015, 06:55 PM
gus_vb
1st Gear Member

I did headers on mine GT a few weeks ago man, it sounds pretty freaking nasty.

Damn it I feel so bad with myself though, when I got the car at the beginning of the Year I said "Ok, I am gonna get the 5.0 PP, and not spend any money on extra things" and now I already spent money on a Catback, Headers, Eibach Springs, Steeda Bushings for the IRS and TSW Wheels
Old 11-02-2015, 09:07 PM
AK_Kayaker
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gus_vb

Damn it I feel so bad with myself though, when I got the car at the beginning of the Year I said "Ok, I am gonna get the 5.0 PP, and not spend any money on extra things" and now I already spent money on a Catback, Headers, Eibach Springs, Steeda Bushings for the IRS and TSW Wheels
Good job keep at it.
Old 11-03-2015, 07:30 AM
squishbang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by gus_vb

It's part of the fun. You see Mustangs everywhere and you don't want yours to be like anybody else's so: mod it.
Old 11-17-2015, 12:14 AM
krazyk86cu

I have a set of the catted 1-7/8th Kook's headers sitting in my garage right now. Getting them installed Thursday at a Ford dealer for a surprisingly decent price.

I'll be dialing in the can tune for a few days and hoping to get it dyno tuned at Piedmont Custom Motorsports in Raleigh as soon as they have an opening and I have a day off. I'm going to try and get a video of it on the dyno and I'll def post up numbers as soon as I have them.
Old 11-17-2015, 05:29 AM
Dragonetti
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D

I assume you were able to get the proper "tune" from Roush for the Supercharger contrary to reports that it is not available!

Tune is fine, it made 600 rwhp on a dynojet with no mods (Ford reso delete kit only) which is their "670hp" tune. It needed tires badly so it now has 305/30 20 on 10.5" rears which fit well. Aluminum drive shaft and Eibach Pro kit and dats a wrap, done! Well and a Valentine One
Old 11-17-2015, 12:40 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by krazyk86cu
I have a set of the catted 1-7/8th Kook's headers sitting in my garage right now. Getting them installed Thursday at a Ford dealer for a surprisingly decent price.

I'll be dialing in the can tune for a few days and hoping to get it dyno tuned at Piedmont Custom Motorsports in Raleigh as soon as they have an opening and I have a day off. I'm going to try and get a video of it on the dyno and I'll def post up numbers as soon as I have them.
If you don't mind, get us a before and after video! I'm sure we'd all love to hear it!
Old 11-17-2015, 12:43 PM
daltron
1st Gear Member

At the end of the day I'll have a little under 100 miles on the car, still breaking mine in. I figure at 1K miles I'll change the oil as well and order a cat back and oil seperator and let her rip. Then when I get used to the car get myself a tune, MAYBE a CAI.

Debating about which catback, though. Originally I was set on the MBRP Race, but I am thinking maybe something else. I just honestly have a hard time telling huge differences between the different YouTube/American Muscle exhaust clips without hearing the loudness/tone in person. I just want something loud and intimidating lol.

Quick Reply: What are you planning on doing to your Mustang?