Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

these new mustangs are superb

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2015, 08:17 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

Default these new mustangs are superb

the s197 is crap in comparison *****..
everything is way better...the ride is bmw like..handling pin sharp..
as good as my camaro if not a little better...
in a few years time could be my next car...
Old 12-30-2015, 08:49 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

......." these new mustangs are superb "
" as good as my camaro ( 2013 camaro 2ss rs ) if not a little better... "
Thanks for sharing !
Old 12-31-2015, 01:05 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I love the way you sit in a Mustang & with greater feeling of clear vision/openness! The Camaro & Corvette are fine cars, but I don't like how I sit down in them. They feel more enclosed with less vision. If you sit in a C1 Corvette (1st models up to the '62 & then compare it to others that came after. They just feel different & more like a fantastic go cart as you sit up in them. Same with Mustangs as compared to newer Corvettes & Camaros. Just a preference! ......... & then there's the looks! A common man's super car!
Old 12-31-2015, 02:12 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

wow nice colour stang mrd
yes the camaro is a pita regarding vision..u get used to it..you had an s197 before this new beauty you have? is it way better?

the interior is killer in these mustangs..way better than the camaro..the car does drive amazing..at last ford dropped that live axle joke..

MR D that is a fine looking car you have..i think s197 owners need to wake up smell the coffee and move on
Old 01-04-2016, 03:33 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I didn't like the new Mustang when I first saw the pictures. Someone said you have to see them in person & they grow on yo! They were right! If I could have gotten a "no problem" 5.0L in my '08, I'd probably still have it. My 5.0L is about the same performance as my Supercharged 4.6L. The 5.0L has more torque of course, & is similar power naturally aspirated to the 4.6L with the supercharger. The 4.6L with the supercharger seemed to pull harder from 4500 RPM to Redline, but maybe it was the whine of the blower that makes it feel that way! The new model certainly takes corners better even with the stock suspension. I think the new Mustang is the most "Bang for the Buck" of any modern muscle car. I suspect it will hurt some of the beginning price point models of European Super Cars. If you don't need to take turns at ridiculous speeds it compares well
Old 01-04-2016, 11:49 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

I'm happy with my S197.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:57 AM
Spork3245
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Mr. D
I didn't like the new Mustang when I first saw the pictures. Someone said you have to see them in person & they grow on yo! They were right! If I could have gotten a "no problem" 5.0L in my '08, I'd probably still have it. My 5.0L is about the same performance as my Supercharged 4.6L. The 5.0L has more torque of course, & is similar power naturally aspirated to the 4.6L with the supercharger. The 4.6L with the supercharger seemed to pull harder from 4500 RPM to Redline, but maybe it was the whine of the blower that makes it feel that way! The new model certainly takes corners better even with the stock suspension. I think the new Mustang is the most "Bang for the Buck" of any modern muscle car. I suspect it will hurt some of the beginning price point models of European Super Cars. If you don't need to take turns at ridiculous speeds it compares well
Yep! Completely agree! When I saw pictures I was very weary of the new bodystyle compared to the '13 GT I had on lease, especially the new taillights (in pictures). I actually thought I would either keep my leased '13, grab a used/leftover '13/'14 GT Convertible or maybe even look into a Lexus IS 350.
However, upon seeing the new style in-person at the dealership, my jaw dropped. The lines, the curves, the stance; all perfect mixes of modernity and old-school American muscle with a touch of Ashton Martin/European super-car styling. Even the taillights look phenomenal in person... Then I test drove it... Upon the first turn I fell in love with the vastly superior handling and magnetic suspension with the lack of noticeable body roll.

I'm 29, my 2016 is my 4th Mustang and my 3rd GT. This is the best stock Mustang Ford has ever produced in my lifetime (not counting SVT/Cobra/Shelby models )
Old 01-06-2016, 10:00 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I hope you know you just agreed with a 74 year old member that's always wrong! It could get you kicked off this forum!

It is interesting that you have to see the car in person to appreciate it! When my car came in it actually looked better than I expected which is rare!

Here's a dumb one, even for me! I thought the picture of the "Over the top stripe" on Build & Price was a bad picture with glare making the stripes look faint on the hood. The color was sure way off too! (Here's the picture on Build & Price below.) When it came in I was very happily surprised. The stripes give the car the racing stripe look without breaking up the lines as much. A genius move in styling! Other posters around constantly tell me I'm dumb! Could they be right? NAW! Couldn't be!

When I get the Roush Supercharger on it I will have a champagne super car on a beer budget! I'll have the Aston Martin look with a lot of money left over for gasoline!

Last edited by Mr. D; 01-06-2016 at 10:16 PM.