Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Current Order Delivery Time? March 2016

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2016, 10:42 AM
mmdpg
1st Gear Member

Yes, in the VIN near the middle the G is for 2016, the 5 is the Flat Rock plant and the last 6 digits are the build sequence for the model year. 2016's started with 2xx,xxx and when they built 100,000 it went to 3xx,xxx.
Old 03-26-2016, 11:29 AM
RawisTheGameHhH
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mmdpg
Yes, in the VIN near the middle the G is for 2016, the 5 is the Flat Rock plant and the last 6 digits are the build sequence for the model year. 2016's started with 2xx,xxx and when they built 100,000 it went to 3xx,xxx.
it looks like 309,XXX had a build week of 3/22; we shouldnt be too far behind that i hope; 313,XXX has a build week of 4/4
Old 03-26-2016, 11:49 AM
mmdpg
1st Gear Member

Great, thanks for the info. I don't see how 316xxx could go all the way out to the first week of May then. Maybe the date I saw on the Ford form means something else, maybe the delivery to the dealer would be the first week of May.

Can you tell I hate to wait for things? This is the first car I've ordered since the 80's. Most times I'm willing to settle for something local with most of what I want and not too many things I don't want.
Old 03-26-2016, 12:03 PM
RawisTheGameHhH
1st Gear Member

Great, thanks for the info. I don't see how 316xxx could go all the way out to the first week of May then. Maybe the date I saw on the Ford form means something else, maybe the delivery to the dealer would be the first week of May.

Can you tell I hate to wait for things? This is the first car I've ordered since the 80's. Most times I'm willing to settle for something local with most of what I want and not too many things I don't want.
me and you both yet this is the 3rd car i have factory ordered
Old 03-26-2016, 06:56 PM
jz78817
4th Gear Member

a caution that VINs are issued sequentially, but that doesn't mean the cars are built sequentially. with Fords, the "rotation" number (it's on a small, bar-coded label on the window) is the actual sequential build number for that day.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:33 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

Once Ford confirms that the order is "Clean" (usually a week after the order is submitted by the dealer), you should have your VIN# about two to three weeks after order is confirmed "Clean". The scheduled build week for your car is normally six weeks after the initial order was placed by you/dealership. After build, the car will be finalized for shipping after it passes inspection at the factory (normally within a few days after build is complete). Shipping is by rail and shipping time varies where you are located. For me living in Northern California, the total travel time by rail was seven days from Michigan to Benicia, CA. Once at the auto rail port in Benicia is when things got backed up. My car sat just 40 miles from me for a total of 12 days. The port was backlogged on cars getting them loaded on delivery trucks for dealership deliveries.

Once you get a VIN#, you can go to a website (can't recall the name) and get a printout of your factory window sticker. I did it to make sure my order wasn't messed. up.
Old 03-26-2016, 10:36 PM
C6 VETTE
5th Gear Member

That's cool to hear! The last six numbers on my VIN# is 290606. Mine was built in mid February.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:53 AM
RawisTheGameHhH
1st Gear Member

i should be getting an update on my car status in the next day or so...ill let you know what the status is
Old 03-28-2016, 01:37 PM
mmdpg
1st Gear Member

It will be interesting to hear what info you get.

I PM'd Deysha on this site but haven't received a reply, she used to be able to track orders for forum members in her Ford Customer Service system.
Old 03-28-2016, 01:38 PM
RawisTheGameHhH
1st Gear Member

It will be interesting to hear what info you get.

I PM'd Deysha on this site but haven't received a reply, she used to be able to track orders for forum members in her Ford Customer Service system.
you can also send a DM to @fordservice on twitter for updates

Quick Reply: Current Order Delivery Time? March 2016