Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

Underestimating the 6 speed auto trans!

Old 07-12-2016, 06:22 PM
JimC

Your drive train warranty was pretty much gone with the supercharger, as I said IF Ford determined the modification is a proximate cause they will deny coverage. If you throw a rod out the side of your block it is a 99.9% chance that Ford will say "not our problen, you modified the engine outside of our design parameters ".

That is why Roush offers a warranty. You don't "keep your Ford warranty" as you have posted before. You buy a supplemental drive train warranty from Roush.

If you don't buy the supplement then blow the engine, more than likely you foot the bill.

It is also possible that if you had the Roushcharger installed the same way as you did on your new car - at an authorized dealer - that you may have purchased the Roush warranty and that the Roush drive train warranty was used to fix your transmission rather than the factory warranty.

You get so angry when faced with correct information. And I would make, and have made, the same correction reply to other people who have made the same assumptions and given the same mis-information as you about warranty.

A dealer service department isn't going to turn warranty work away. It is good money for the shop. But the decision on whether a repair is covered under warranty is not up to the dealer service manager. He may tell you when you asked that it was going to be no problem - but if Ford says "no" then you aren't going to get a covered repair from Ford.

Last edited by JimC; 07-12-2016 at 09:22 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:41 AM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Here's the problem Jim:

1. I don't disagree with anything you said, but your attitude causes you to miss my simple point which is "ONLY" ... MODIFICATIONS DO NOT "AUTOMATICALLY" VOID A WARRANTY! THAT'S UP TO FORD TO DECIDE ON A CASE BY CASE SITUATION WHETHER THEY WILL AUTHORIZE A WARRANTY REPAIR!

Is that statement true or false! If you say true then we agree! If you say false then we disagree.... but let's drop it anyway!

2. In my opinion, you need to learn how to disagree with a poster in a polite, MODERATE way! Such as your quote below:

"And I'm not a service writer that was installing mufflers at Pep Boys two months ago & thinks he is a lawyer!
I am a lawyer."

Honestly I don't remember calling you a service writer! My point is that when you are told by a service writer that because you did a minor modification to your new car, that your entire warranty is now void... you should not accept his interpretation of the warranty & the law, yet I have heard service writers say that!

How about next time saying, "I don't think you are correct on that point, & here is why. Who knows, I might agree with you!

I'm picking up a new Edge very soon from the dealer & I'll see if I can get some documentation on the repair I talked about, which is not likely due to how long ago it was... & not to continue or win the argument, but just for everyone's attitude towards Ford. I know for sure that the repair was not charged to Roush, because at that time Roush charged a certain extra fee for their driveline warranty & I clearly decided not to pay the extra fee as I didn't feel I needed that extra protection. I only payed for the supercharger & a labor rate per hour for the installation. At the time of the repair I believe the Ford mechanic knew it was a bad bearing in the transmission so Ford covered putting a new transmission in the car even though they knew I had added a supercharger. I think they determined the supercharger had nothing to do with a bad main shaft bearing in a new Mustang & did the warranty repair.... & that's my whole point! They did not void my warranty because I had a Roush Supercharger on it because it had nothing to do with the transmission problem, as it would not have been the cause of my electric seats not working! If I had torn up the clutch & blown up the transmission at the drags they would not have covered the repair of course!

OK, I've said my piece & I'm done.... so let's get back to talking about Ford Mustangs with their great automatic transmissions before some Moderator complains we are way, way off topic!

Last edited by Mr. D; 07-13-2016 at 01:10 AM.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:45 AM
JimC

You constantly read "attitude" into comments is your problem; when someone posts something disagreeing all you see is "attitude" and can't read anything more.

And the quote was taken directly from your posting.

And you have it right. It is up to Ford to decide if a repair is covered by warranty.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:28 PM
daytripper
1st Gear Member

This amounts to 2 guys who both absolutely,positively have to have the last word. ENOUGH.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:47 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by JimC
You constantly read "attitude" into comments is your problem; when someone posts something disagreeing all you see is "attitude" and can't read anything more.

And the quote was taken directly from your posting.

And you have it right. It is up to Ford to decide if a repair is covered by warranty.
Maybe I had it wrong with your post, if so I apologize! Maybe I misunderstood your quote, "And I'm not a service writer that was installing mufflers at Pep Boys two months ago & thinks he is a lawyer! I am a lawyer."

I certainly didn't assume you installed mufflers at any time in your life...not that there's anything wrong with installing mufflers unless you are giving legal opinions! LOL!

If you are honest... (1.) A fair % of MF posters start out a return to one of my posts with an direct insult or a snarky remark. I should not respond to those because when I do... I become the "troll", ... but often I do thinking maybe it will change something! Duh! Wrong! (2.) It is part of the "Culture" on MF to insult each other in jest for entertainment purposes, but it's just not my brand of humor. Nor, do I enjoy being attacked for being a teacher on a regular basis! People are so very brave driving by in a car giving people the middle finger, or when posting insults on the internet! I'm old school when your nose often had to pay for a insult! LOL! (3.) I suspect a lot of MF Posters are pretty young, & when we are young we know almost everything! Having said that, there are also a lot of really nice, helpful people on MF which makes it a good forum. I've gotten a few PM's from people that don't want to post a question/comment to me in a thread! I should ignore posters with those "special senses of humor", but that's a flaw I have! I often fight battles not worth the effort! If I change my screen name I think it will be "Don Quixote!" waving a wooden sword at a windmill!

I'd be happy to get along better with you, so I'll try to be smarter about my posts! Maybe my return to snarky remarks should be "Merry Christmas!" .... move on!

Best Wishes!

Back to AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSIONS!

Last edited by Mr. D; 07-13-2016 at 01:00 PM.
Old 07-13-2016, 12:52 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by daytripper
This amounts to 2 guys who both absolutely,positively have to have the last word. ENOUGH.
My last word.... & I tried to make it positive! Back to how great Mustang Auto transmissions are! All's well that ends........... well!
Old 07-13-2016, 12:59 PM
Mr. D
4th Gear Member

I drove my Mustang out to breakfast today, & was impressed again how well the transmission programming works with the power. I'd like to have both a 6 speed manual & a 6 speed automatic.... but having to choose one, I'm glad I chose the automatic. Today's traffic & my old age makes the automatic choice make even more sense. The gains are greater than the losses! If you test drive one, try it in "Sport Mode" too!

Search this Thread