Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

New to the Forum

Old 10-25-2016, 01:17 AM
Sean Maloney

Default New to the Forum

Hey everyone i just got me a brand new 2016 Mustang GT its awesome. but i can't wait to start doing things to it. it needs exhaust!! any suggestion? and if i out exhaust on the car does it void the warranty? I was thinking of the MBRP.

what does void the warranty? if anyone knows

I'm looking to get an intake, exhaust and then get it tuned, and get some lowering springs on it. i can't believe how smooth it rides, i just hope there are some springs out there that ride similar to the way it does now.. any suggestions on springs also?

thanks everyone.
Old 10-25-2016, 08:37 AM
1 Alibi 2
3rd Gear Member

Welcome to the site, congrats & good luck with the new ride.
Post some pics when you get a chance.
Have an end goal for the car before you spend any money, that way you only buy stuff once.
It's easy to throw $$$$ at these cars, have a budget.
Read, it costs nothing to research, & can save you money in the long run. Someone has already done what you want to do.
If you are serious about performance upgrades, one of the best in the business is in Freehold, N.J.
( they aren't cheap & you'll wait for an appointment )
www.teamjdm.com

Last edited by 1 Alibi 2; 10-25-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 10-25-2016, 09:36 AM
movielover40
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard and congrats on new Mustang.

I would put some miles on it first before modifying it.
Old 10-25-2016, 02:52 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

Congrats on the new car. I always recommend staying away from CAI and new tunes. Read the forum, tons of misgivings and problems and the most likely to void your warranty depending on the dealer. I went with the Ford Racing (Borla) street exhaust with X-pipe, plenty loud under throttle and startup and yet reasonably quiet cruising. Eibach make a good spring kit only to lower the vehicle about 1" which is all it needs and it will ride pretty much the same as it does now. You didn't say whether you got the performance track pack or not. That would dictate more of what you should do.
Old 10-25-2016, 03:45 PM
Airfuel

Originally Posted by Sean Maloney
i can't believe how smooth it rides,
thanks everyone.
Performance pack? I'm also looking for smooth ride and am considering just premium, no PP.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:22 PM
JimC

Originally Posted by Sean Maloney
Hey everyone i just got me a brand new 2016 Mustang GT its awesome. but i can't wait to start doing things to it. it needs exhaust!! any suggestion? and if i out exhaust on the car does it void the warranty? I was thinking of the MBRP.

what does void the warranty? if anyone knows

I'm looking to get an intake, exhaust and then get it tuned, and get some lowering springs on it. i can't believe how smooth it rides, i just hope there are some springs out there that ride similar to the way it does now.. any suggestions on springs also?

thanks everyone.
"Voiding the warranty" is really quite simple. Ford warranties the car that Ford built. When you make a change it is no longer the car that Ford built. If that change can be A cause of your problem then Ford can deny warranty coverage for that repair.

If you change the mufflers and your engine blows up or transmission goes out, not likely that the mufflers are A cause of the problem. But if you put a tune on the car, changing the factory parameters, and a piston exits the block, then Ford will say that your tune contributed to or caused that failure and they have no way of knowing if but for your tune the engine would have been fine. Yes, Magnuson-Moss says that Ford has to prove your modification was the cause of the problem and you will see people touting that as your protection. Some will also say you need a better dealer, but warranty coverage isn't always the dealer service department call; they have to get approval from Ford in order to get paid for the work. Dealers won't turn away warranty work as some suggest because it is a sure payment; but they also won't try to cheat the system because then Ford will fly-speck every warranty claim and they will lose business or be told they can't even do warranty work anymore.

Ford will have sent out a field engineer to inspect the engine or part that failed. The Ford field engineer will write his report blaming the tune for a blown engine. Warranty coverage will be denied and you have to sue to get the warranty coverage. Which means find your own engineer to test and testify how your modification didn't cause the problem - meanwhile, Ford has a whole division full of them to fight yours, which you are paying for out of your pocket. You also have the cost of the litigation both in dollars and time, and Ford has more time and deeper pockets for that fight (and based upon the amount at issue an attorney isn't going to take the case on a contingency). So you will have to spend a lot of dollars and time to get warranty coverage once it is denied.

Modifications don't void your warranty though. If you add a tune and your radio craps out, then you will still have coverage for that no problem. The "voiding" is really denial of warranty coverage for a specific incident.

Note that I said A cause of the failure. Ford doesn't have to prove or say that it is the SOLE cause, only a proximate cause.

Last edited by JimC; 10-25-2016 at 06:24 PM.
Old 10-29-2016, 10:07 AM
audioAl
4th Gear Member

Default Coyote Red

Welcome to the forums, I did the SVE resonator delete X-pipe & Airaid Tube. Break-in is essential before too many mods. And a UPR catch can is needed as well.
Attached Thumbnails New to the Forum-tn_dscn1216.jpg  
Old 10-29-2016, 12:24 PM
Mach2
2nd Gear Member

Exhaust wise, my first recommendation would to leave the stock GT mufflers and install a X-Pipe replacing the stock resonator. If that doesn't pull your trigger, leave the stock resonator and replace the stock GT mufflers with a Legato axle back system. That's what I have and love it. Noticeable at idle, nice sound accelerating and great sound at WOT. The mufflers look to be Flowmaster 40's.

https://legatoperformance.com/collec...-gt-v8-exhaust

Search this Thread