Notices
S550 2015-2023 Mustang Discussions on the S550 2015 - 2022 Ford Mustang.

My take on the next Mustang in GT500 trim...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2013, 05:54 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Default My take on the next Mustang in GT500 trim...

I originally finished this concept up about 7-8 weeks ago for Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords July issue out now. Evan was diggin the rough sketch of this and asked me to render it up for a very aggressive deadline. I'm very happy with this although there's a couple tweaks I'd like to make but for now this is it. Evan has also showed this to Ford at the NYC Auto Show. Aside from the front end dropping down a little too aggressively and some minimal tweaking in the rear quarter they didn't have much to say LOL. Evan was trying to stir the pot since Ford is being very tight lipped about the next Mustang understandably though. Anyways I got tired of seeing so much photochopped versions that either looked too much like an S197 refresh or nothing like a Mustang (in my opinion) I thought I'd take a stab at it. Took me 3 versions before I got to this and posted it up on the Mustang 6g forum. Thought I'd post here in case it has not been seen over here. Working on a rear view in the next couple of weeks. Photobucket blows so the image is a little crappy. For a crisper view click on the link. Thanks

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/atta...1&d=1368665120

Name:  2015_MUSTANG_CONCEPT_MO2_zpsd04c15e6.jpg
Views: 124
Size:  47.7 KB
Old 05-19-2013, 07:17 PM
Thundersteel
2nd Gear Member

The snake is backwards--it should be facing towards the front, not the rear.
Old 05-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Ricardo
3rd Gear Member

That's the best rendering I'vs seen so far. What are your thoughts on if Ford is going to go back to making a more unique front/rear end for each model as it was pre-2013? I really hope so.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:53 AM
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Originally Posted by JohnnyGMachine
I originally finished this concept up about 7-8 weeks ago for Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords July issue out now. Evan was diggin the rough sketch of this and asked me to render it up for a very aggressive deadline. I'm very happy with this although there's a couple tweaks I'd like to make but for now this is it. Evan has also showed this to Ford at the NYC Auto Show. Aside from the front end dropping down a little too aggressively and some minimal tweaking in the rear quarter they didn't have much to say LOL. Evan was trying to stir the pot since Ford is being very tight lipped about the next Mustang understandably though. Anyways I got tired of seeing so much photochopped versions that either looked too much like an S197 refresh or nothing like a Mustang (in my opinion) I thought I'd take a stab at it. Took me 3 versions before I got to this and posted it up on the Mustang 6g forum. Thought I'd post here in case it has not been seen over here. Working on a rear view in the next couple of weeks. Photobucket blows so the image is a little crappy. For a crisper view click on the link. Thanks
Great job, JohnnyGMachine!! It looks niiiice!!

Deysha
Old 05-20-2013, 05:05 PM
JohnnyGMachine

Originally Posted by Thundersteel
The snake is backwards--it should be facing towards the front, not the rear.
Hhhmmmm....I guess I shoulda looked at the newer stuff too. 1993 Cobras have them going towards the rear on the driver side.

http://0.tqn.com/d/create/1/0/9/e/3/-/DSCF0332.JPG
Old 05-30-2013, 06:40 PM
LordRipberger
3rd Gear Member

I have to admit that that car looks awesome. Although, I highly doubt it will come out looking like that.
Old 05-30-2013, 11:32 PM
Visage
1st Gear Member

Cost to build would be about like the Giugiaro Mustang rendering, pushing over the $100k mark. Sure it looks cool, but wouldn't be in many Pony Car buyers garages. Rims look a little unrealisticly big with tiny tires. Those are probably the smallest headlights I've seen on any car. Besides that, epic looking car. Very killer rendering and gives it the snake look. Well done.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:25 AM
PNYXPRESS
5th Gear Member

Eh, Too much of it still says s197. Everybody needs to start thinking "fox to sn95" or "new edge to s197" change. Every rendering out there has strong resemblance to the s197 cars.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:57 AM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

Neat work, but I think it looks horrible.

Z3 on roids humping what appears to be an Evos...
Old 06-04-2013, 05:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

LOL, you guys are tough!

It's not all that bad, the lines flow...
I'd get some more pronounced head lights though.

Quick Reply: My take on the next Mustang in GT500 trim...